Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Sheraton Fiji Resort(Denarau Island)
View Hotel
Sheraton Denarau Villas(Denarau Island)
View Hotel
The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa Fiji(Denarau Island)
  • Beachfront
The Terraces Apartments(Denarau Island)
5,334 results
All reviewskids clubthai restaurantlomani waione bedroom suitefamily poollagoon viewbula busswim up barfish and chipspizzathe sofa bedfamily holidayhappy hourtorch lightingadult poolwashing machine and dryergreat for families
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 24, 2013

After a traumatic couple of years, we were after a place to relax, rest and enjoy. We certainly found it at the Radisson. From the moment we arrived we were impressed with the level of service, and genuine hospitality. Roko, Jobe and others greeted us at the front entrance with a smile and a song- in fact this became a daily trip to hear the boys sing- my son and others just loved it.

We had a 1 bedroom suite overlooking the lagoon. It was just lovely. It was immaculately made up every day, with special touches on our anniversary. Staff were always happy to work around our son's nap time. Having laundry facilities made the world of difference.

In terms of the staff, I cannot praise them enough. Nothing, and I mean nothing, was too much trouble. They greeted us by name every day, and made us feel quite at home. When my husband fell ill, they helped us return to the room, called a doctor and then sent a fruit basket. The next day, he was touched by the number of staff that asked how he was feeling. (Have to say, do not fear the cost of a doctor's visit here, it is much cheaper than going to the docs in Australia, let alone a home visit!)

Have to mention the friendly service of Oni and others at Blu restaurant. They always made sure there was a high chair for Patrick and were very attentive. It was an absolute pleasure to have breakfast there every morning.

Our son attended Kid's Club with a nanny, Va. She was just lovely, and as a teacher I was impressed with the level of care provided. Carers were clearly visible as they wore shirts with high vis colours. Our son fell in love with Elmo, one of the activity leaders- they all had a genuine love of children and the kids had an opportunity to participate in a variety of activities. All of the staff,from the garden staff, to wait staff knew our son by name and greeted him each day with a cuddle and smile. He loved it here.

The Harmony Day Spa is a must! I had a a number of treatments here and they were all fantastic. Good idea to check out the specials for the following day. The manager, I'm sorry I can't remember her name, was just lovely. She made great recommendations and was very accommodating. Vicky, one of the therapists has magic hands and gives the best massages and facials.

One of the things we were impressed with was the gardens. They are just beautiful and immaculately kept. With the beautiful flowers, bird life is abundant. They certainly stand out amongst the other resorts on the island.

The pools are great, with an adult's only pool to escape to. The bar staff are attentive and there's never a need to be empty handed. You can borrow books from the front foyer to keep you company by the pool. My son had a trip down the water-slide with his dad. It seems to be quite a draw card for children. We were able to buy sand toys to keep bub occupied near the pool as well.

Fish and Chips at Neptune's was great and once again musicians kept us entertained. Tonight for our final dinner we are off to The Orchid which according to other guests is not to be missed.

I must also mention the great care and service provided by the team in the foyer. Sova and Sereeana are just delightful. They are just genuinely lovely people and keen to ensure your visit is great.

As I look out over the lagoon from our balcony, I wish we could stay longer!
Cannot recommend the Radisson Blu highly enough- hope we will be back soon!

Room Tip: Highly recommend a suite overlooking the lagoon.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank PennyTaylor-Yates
RadissonGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear PennyTaylor-Yates

We really appreciate your thorough review of our property here on Denarau and thank you for the kind words regarding your stay. It sounds as if this was a well deserved and needed break for the family and I am delighted that we succeeded in helping to deliver a holiday of fond memories.

I will certainly pass on your glowing comments about individual team members - it was good to read there are so many of our team worthy of specific mention. All in all, from the room to the restaurants to the spa it sounds as if you had a " perfect" holiday.

We look forward to your return soon and will certainly welcome you back with a big Bula!

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were married here in March and travelled with 20 of our closest friends and family.
The wedding was incredible, the sevice was second to none.
The radisson definitely exceeded our expectations in all areas.
The resort is immaculate, food and service is the best I have had in the world.
Staff are fabulous. ...I cannot put into words how wonderful our wedding and holiday was.
I am a regular Fiji visitor and this is by far the best resort I am have stayed at..

• Stayed: March 2013
RadissonGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Warm greetings from Fiji allyf123

Firstly, many congratulations on your wedding - I'm sure you are well and truly settled into married life by now! Secondly, as General Manager, nothing pleases me more than to hear that we contributed to making your special day a memorable one. Our staff always aim to exceed expectations and it sounds as if you and your wedding party had a perfect time. I thank you sincerely for your kind words.

I think that perhaps a 1st anniversary holiday to Radisson Blu needs to be planned!

Best Wishes

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We spent 2 nights here at the end of our 10 day trip to Fiji. While Denarau is not the authentic Fiji, the Radisson is a fantastic location & the staff are incredibly helpful. The pool is very kid friendly, our 19 month old son didn't want to get out & insisted on riding the water slide with me multiple times a day.
The buffet breakfast was expensive but had a great selection & was an 'all you can eat'.
Neptunes restaurant was a great location to watch the amazing sunsets, but the food there was disappointing (only pizza & deep fried food).
The Water Court restaurant off the lobby served some of the best food we had on our trip.
It is one of the 2 hotels in Denarau with a decent beach & the free access to sailing dinghies was a nice touch.
The rooms are spacious & well finished.
The staff are fantastic & go well above the call; our son fell sick on our second night & they gave us a late check out at 6pm to let him recover a bit prior to our flight home to LA, which was a lifesaver.
One of the best hotels I have stayed at!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank hutchero

Bula hutchero

Thank you for your kind comments on our property here in Fiji - we are appreciative of your 5 star rating of our resort. To be described as "one of the best hotels I have stayed at" is a compliment indeed. Vinaka!

It is always great to read that we have helped to make our guests' memories of their holiday on Fiji happy ones - it seems that we succeeded in doing this for you and your family. I am wondering how many times you had to go down the waterslide with your son though! I'm also glad that we could assist your sick little one, which is never a pleasant experience for parents. I do hope he has had the chance to recover now.

By the time you perhaps return to Radisson Blu your son will be old enough to go down the slide by himself and you can relax by the pool, watching him?

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We've been to Fiji a number of times, staying mostly at islands (Malolo, Castaway). This stay was for 3 nights to break up the flight back from the US to Australia (and because Fiji Airways offered some pretty cheap fares via Nadi during their rebranding from Air Pacific).

Our flight from LAX arrived around 5am, and although we'd received a fairly standard answer when we enquired about an early check-in via email we thought we'd ask as soon as we got there. As expected, we were told that it was unlikely that our room would be available until late morning (check-out time is 11am) which we accepted. (If we'd really wanted a room that badly we could've booked of for the night before also). We left our baggage and headed for the pool at 7:30am on a beautiful Fijian day.

There are three fairly separate pools - a kids pool (with excellent and well patronised water slide); a general pool; and an adults only pool. Two of the pools have large shade sails to provide additional respite from the sun. We spent the great majority of our time at the resort between the general and kids pools.

The staff at this resort, as with pretty much all Fijian resorts, are genuinely friendly and helpful. Many of them knew our daughter's name within a day or so of arrival and made us feel very welcome.

The breakfast buffet (which was included in our room tariff) was pretty good by Fijian standards, with a wide selection and generally good turnover of food due to the number of guests.

The resort has a small "deli and bottleshop", although prices are a little high and better value (and wider range) can be found with either a trip to the Denarau Marina or a 5 minute walk down the road to the small shop next to the Sheraton. Unlike the Sheraton and the Westin (where we've stayed before), this resort does not include the Bula Bus in the tariff (although it's only FJD8 per person per day). There is a free ice dispenser available and a small bar fridge in the room that we had. I believe that some of the larger family rooms have full kitchens and a large refrigerator.

Other dining options at the resort that we used:
Water Court - this deserves a review all of its own. Excellent Asian inspired food, and reasonable prices. Disappointed that we couldn't get back there for a second go.
Neptunes - good pizzas and fried goodness (calamari and chips, etc).

Reports from our 8 year old were that the Kids' Club was good, with plenty to keep them occupied.

Watersports were OK but there's aonly a limited area you're allowed to take them - Jetski prices seemed a bit excessive, but Hobie Cat and sit-on kayaks are free.

Be careful of the "official" transfers from airport to resort (apparently at around FJD80). If you ask the front desk staff, they'll book you a regular taxi to pick you up for a fare of FJD30 (taxis only accept cash, but the resort will add it to your bill and give you the cash when you check-out if you ask).

A good resort aimed towards families, and we'd stay there again. There did appear to be a handful of older, childless couples who appeared agitated with all the kid sounds around the place. If you're after a quiet, romantic resort for couples then this is probably not for you.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tasguide

Dear Tasguide

It sounds as if you have a love of Fiji and its people - we are glad you chose to stay with us on your most recent visit. Vinaka.

It was great to read that we provided some comfort and relaxation after your long flight from LA. That 5am arrival can be very tiring! I'm also pleased that you managed to settle in quickly and enjoy all that Radisson Blu has to offer - especially the food and service at Watercourt. Oh, and just for other Tripadvisors information, the Bula Bus costs $8FJ for all guests, regardless of which hotel they stay in - there is, however, a free Bula bus which runs purely between the 3 Sheraton properties.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you and your family back to Radisson Blu Fiji and we really appreciate your kind comments on our property.

Regards

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Great location and lovely resort. Beautifully presented with very nice rooms. The staff were very friendly and efficient! Very good to have a range of dining options. If your looking for a large resort atmosphere this is very nice :). Looks like it would be great fun for families.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Bula Siobhan D

We appreciate your time taken in writing a review of our property here on Denarau - vinaka Vakalevu!

It sounds from your comments as if you enjoyed your stay with us and found that our resort exceeded your expectations. We do hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back again sometime soon!

Kind Regards