“Lovely family holiday”

Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Denarau Island
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Arrived here late April and was greeted with smiles and beautiful singing voices, great to be back in lovely Fiji.
As always the service from this culture is just amazingly nice, BULA is usually the 1st word of communication and they love the children, my kids (5 and 10) felt easily comfortable around these total strangers who take them in as if they are their own, they loved the kids club and doing the lighting of the torches in the evening

We had a 1bdrm lagoon view room on the 2nd floor and was excited when we opened the door to see a very tidy and large unit.
We had full kitchen amenities including ceramic top element, microwave, dishwasher, large fridge, sink, large bench area, all that a family of four needs.
There was a double foldout bed and single bed in main living room with ceiling fan and own aircon.
Dining room table near ranchslider with easy access to large balcony.
The bathroom was very large with a separate bath and shower, tiled floors, twin wash basins with huge mirror, toilet and also a washing machine and dryer, which is very convient these days
The bedroom had at least a super king size bed which was comfortable, tv, large wardrobe with safe, ceiling fan and its own aircon, theres a large sliding door that separates the bedroom to the main room which could be locked, you can also access the balcony with own ranchslider.
Balcony overlooked the pool and gardens and was decent size with small table, 3chairs and a lounger
Loved our large unit. . . .

Pools was great, either fun fulled time in main pool with swim up bar, going down waterslide or relaxing in adults only pool, you pick. . . .my kids loved it

Restaurants (x3) and a nice fish n chips/pizza place for onsite resort
We only ate breakfast here at the Blu restaurant but wasnt too happy with the food as the setout from getting toast and moving around to all the other breakfast food was all over the place.
Chef making eggs had either put them on cold plates and been sitting for awile, im use to being at resorts where the chef cooks the eggs as you request, all done in under 40secs at other places

rooms were always cleaned everyday and was nice to come back to, cleaning staff were very nice to deal with.

I had no problems when dealing with any of the staff in all areas of this resort, such nice people to communicate with, great work and great to see as a paying guest

Overall this is a fantastic resort and would happily stay again and would recommend to family and friends, cant wait to go back next year

Bula Vinaka

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank kojak2406
RadissonGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear kojak2406

What an informative description of our rooms - thank you for your comprehensive review! It was great to read that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed the comfort of our lagoon view room with full kitchen facilities.

It was great to read that you can't wait to come back again next year and we will definitely be here to greet you with a big Bula, lots of smiles and a song or two!

Gerard Knight General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (5,231)

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We usually choose the Radisson when staying in Denerau for a few days as it has such a great pool for the kids, and the kids seem to really love the kids club.

We always go for a 1 Bedroom Lagoon Room suite, and it really suits us, so the kids sleep in the lounge area, and we have our own bedoom. We all share a bathroom, which is fine, as it is so large.

The resort rooms are really clean, and fantastic for the kids. They are nicely air conditioned, and we have always had quiet rooms which are conveniently located near the waterslide.

The only thing we dont love about the resort is that we think the food is a bit average. The breakfast buffet is ok, (nothing like the spectacular feast the Sheraton offers....but it is still good) but the lunch / dinner offering are not really what we are after. We usually head off on the bula bus, or walk down to Flying Fish or MooMoo (which has now changed to another Peter Kuruvita restaurant) and they are awesome.

Overall, we really like the Radisson and will return again next time we head to Fiji...whenever that may be.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jenni216

Bula jenni216

It was great to read that you would recommend our resort and enjoyed your short stay with us. Thank you for your review.

We always aim to exceed guests expectations and I was glad to read that you enjoyed our services and facilities. Children always seem to love Kids Club and the many activities it has to offer!

We would love to welcome you back again with our typically friendly welcome and Bula and thanks for choosing us as your holiday destination.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

On a group scuba diving trip to Fiji in March 2013 we overnighted at the Radisson Blu Resort on Denarau Island prior to returning holme to U. S. We were all fairly tired after being on a liveaboard dive boat (more on that in another review) for 7 days with dives every day. Imagine being greeted with music played on native instruments by hotel personnel, a cool refreshing welcoming beverage, along with singing, welcoming us to their hotel. That set the tempo for the rest of our short stay. My choice of accomodations was in the opposite direction of the lobby closer to the beach, and since I walk with a handicap - long distances are difficult, it was looking like I may have to give up my beautiful ocean front room for another closer to the lobby area. I wasn't about to make that decision and luckily the Radisson front desk personnel had a solution for me. I was given a small wheel chair that I was able to operate myself, although one of the kind staff assisted on wheeling me to my room where the chair was left for me to use whenever I wished, or I could have called the front desk and someone would be sent to help with that task. The front desk service personnel, Rosie, Nina, Savu, Rachel, and the very patient hotel operator Losalini were right there to assist. I needed the operator to assist me in locating several of my companions in other rooms and she was so helpful in getting me connected quickly and efficiently. My room had a lovely balcony with 2 chairs and a small table where I had coffee in the morning. I looked right at the ocean/beach and the large pools to the side. Restaurants were within an easy quick walk from the room. The king bed was fitted with the most comfortable mattress and pillows along with fresh bedding. There was a tv in the room, with in-room coffee that was convenient. The bath had a large spa/shower with all the ammenities generously provided and several sets of large spa like towels. My one little complaint was that I like really fluffy towels. These were not quite at that level. However, they were plentiful and certainly adequate for my needs. Overall I was very pleased with not only the cool calming decor of the room but the impeccable service I received from all personnal I came in contact with.

Room Tip: If your room is not to your liking there are several other options and the staff is at your service...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Bula Betty Ross E

Greetings from Fiji. It was heartening to read about your "unexpected pleasure" whilst staying at our resort. Thank you for your comprehensive and informative review.

It was especially pleasing to read about your positive experiences regarding our team assisting you with a wheelchair and being so helpful. I will pass on your kind comments to all you mentioned.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to Radisson Blu in the future and in the meantime,

Vinaka Vakalevu and Kind Regards

Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I spent our honey moon here during April 21st-27th we were designated the honeymoon suit,every day flowers were strategically placed in our room and our freshly made bed! what a lovely touch thank you to the staff who attend to the room service!!
Food-wonderful selection,I am not that fussed if it takes a little longer than usual as I am on holiday and also the quality of food is worth waiting for!!
The pool and surrounding gardens are a credit! manicured and tidy,clean and supervised.
Our stay, service, smiles and experience was fantastic! Thank you to all those staff who made our time great!.

Room Tip: room 265 low noise and away from families.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
RadissonGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Bula Michelle d

Congratulations on your recent wedding and we appreciate you choosing Radisson Blu for your honeymoon destination. From reading your review you obviously had a fantastic stay and we are pleased that we have helped to create some wonderful holiday memories.

Our team always strive to give that extra special touch and so I am pleased that the fresh flowers in your room daily were enjoyed! The flowers are all picked from our own gardens.

We would love to welcome you back again, perhaps to celebrate your 1st Wedding Anniversary!

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 30, 2013

if you are looking for a true resort experience the Radission Blu is the place for you, the staff are very friendly and helpful and nothing was ever too much trouble. The activities are some of the best I have seen in the pacific and the food is what can be expected from a quality resort

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rosie h
RadissonGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Greetings from Fiji rosie h

On behalf of my team thank you for your great review and recommendation of Radisson Blu. It is always motivating to read that we have exceeded guest expectations and that we provided you with great holiday memories.

Thanks for choosing us as your destination and we look forward to your return in the future.

Vinaka

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I found the Radisson Blu Fiji to be a fantastic family resort, the pool area is amazing and the water slide what can I say my daughter (8 years) and husband spent many hours on it!
I must agree the food was a bit of a let down..but the Watercourt Asian restaurant was a great in between place where the food was nice and the prices were very good..we ate there several times. Ate a couple of pizzas for lunch which was ok and reasonably priced.
We ate at the Cross and it was ok..I think being kid friendly was the best bit! We actually sat inside (air con).
Must say V at the Sofitel was much nicer...and the same price basically.

We stayed in a garden courtyard room with a very large bedroom with a king bed, then the other room had a dining table and sofa (which was pulled out for the 8 & 2 yr to sleep on)..but the 2 year old ended up sleeping in a cot which there was plenty of room for. The kitchenette was handy and the washing machine and dryer were great to have.
Our stay was only 4 nights after which we ventured off elsewhere..with my daughter still reminiscing about the waterside..but we found another at the Sofitel! We used the babysitting once and that was good and great value! Didn't really have much of a chance to go to kids club (my eldest was happy making friends at the pool).
With the strong Australian dollar the food seemed reasonable..now I just have to stop halving the price on things now that I am home!! We caught a taxi around Denaru as it started pouring with rain and it was only $5 to go from the Sofitel to the Sheraton (what more do you want for $2.50!)
We stayed at the Sofitel next after a brief stay elsewhere ..read that review also!

Room Tip: Garden courtyard room is great no steps!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tania m

Bula tania m

Thanks for your recommendation of our resort to other Tripadvisor members - we are so pleased that you enjoyed your short time with us. Perhaps you may get the opportunity in the future to stay longer!

It was great to read that you enjoyed our food at Watercourt and our Neptunes Pizzas - we are constantly working to improve our guests overall food experience here.

It certainly sounds as if your children had a fun time here. We all know that happy children equals happy parents. We look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful property in the near future, and in the meantime

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed at the Radisson from 21/4/13 - 29/4/13. We enjoyed our stay.
Everything was at the Island that you needed. You can get a day ticket for the Bulla Bus, for $8.00 and this takes you around to all the resorts and stops in at them and the shopping complex, also the golf club. You are spoilt for choice for Restaurants within close proximity.
The room we stayed in was a garden view, studio unit. It was spotless and was generous in size, this was cleaned each day and everything was left spotless and tidy. Thank you ladies!
Staff were very friendly and helpful in the front foyer, we are not used to getting our bags taken out of the shuttle and getting them taken to our room for us, thank you there too :-).
One concern I did have was the abundance of minor birds in the Blu restaurant in the mornings at breakfast, we were in the Cross which was in the air conditioned part of the restaurant, the birds had left their calling cards on all the fabric chairs and didn't think twice about stealing off any ones plates of food, or even walking around the serving areas. The staff were trying their best to scare them away but there were so many that it seemed they were fighting a losing battle. Maybe a bit of a catch and release somewhere else may be in order...to be politically correct, as birds carry diseases.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ShonaH569
RadissonGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Bula Shona H

It was wonderful to read your review about your enjoyable stay here at Radisson Blu. Thank you and I am glad that you found our staff to be friendly and attentive.

I regularly pass on guest comments to our housekeeping team about the cleanliness and attention to detail they provide in our rooms. We are glad that it helped to make your overall experience a great one. They really are an amazing bunch!

Thanks so much for choosing us as your holiday destination - we would love to welcome you back again!

Kind Regards

#4 of 8 in Denarau Island
Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa
Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa
#5 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island? Share your experiences!