Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
Sheraton Fiji Resort(Denarau Island)
$236
Sheraton.com
Sheraton Denarau Villas(Denarau Island)
$514
$394
Sheraton.com
The Terraces Apartments(Denarau Island)(Great Value!)
$221
$146
Agoda.com
The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa Fiji(Denarau Island)
$328
$189
Agoda.com
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island(Denarau Island)(Great Value!)
$313
$293
Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa(Denarau Island)(Great Value!)
$175
$86
$67
Travelocity
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
3,495 results
All reviewsnuku restaurantbedroom beachfrontkids clubbula busprivate poolcoffee machineother hotelsmain restaurantgolf cartstudio roompizzaour honeymoonan adultpools are greatport denarautour deskpool side
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 22, 2007

The FijiResort and Spa was great - it's brand new. The rooms were amazing and very comfortable. We booked a 1 bedroom apartment and it even featured a BBQ on the BBQ. The restaurant was very expensive... however the Deli is reasonably priced and features, coffee, sandwiches, ice cream and BBQ meat.
The pool area is the highlight for everyone! The staff were exceptional and attended to your every need. I did request a flat pillow three times - but never received it.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SydneyLovebirds
Reviewed April 19, 2007

My wife and two children stayed in one of their two bedroom villas which knock the pants of the Sheraton Villas. We are repeat visitors to Denarau and have always stayed at the Sheratons in the past but believe me they have a lot of work to do to catch up to the Hilton's standards – I think they have set a new standard for Denarau if not for Fiji.

I read the previous Trip Advisor reviews and was a little sceptical but I felt that everyone has an opinion and I was ready to formulate my own about the Hilton and was happy I did so.

The villas are simply fantastic, huge plasma TV’s, DVD’s and get this
– a play station in every room as well as a coffee machine. Cook tops, dish washers, washing machines and a dryer. A nice touch was also the complimentary “Freedom Fridge” which is 8 free drinks in your mini bar – this place doesn’t rip you off for a beer after a hot
day – it gives it to you for free!

The pools are huge and there’s always a double, not just a single sun lounger to relax on! They also have these sort of day beds around
the restaurant and pool which are the size of a king sized mattress.

All the beaches on Denarau Island aren’t white sand and the water isn’t turquoise blue but the Hilton have put down their own white sand and although the water is very shallow at low tide – who needs the ocean when you have an ocean of 7 pools to enjoy!!!

The food was fantastic – especially the croissants, sandwiches and cakes at their little Deli. Nuku restaurant is right on the beach and
the food in my opinion is by far the best on Denarau and reasonably priced too. Cheaper than restaurants in Sydney and tastier too!! We went to the Westin for dinner – their steak house is hugely over priced – a steak $55 and then you had to buy sides on top of that. The Sofitel next door was good but lacked a little in flavour.

Service always came with a smile and professional too. The staff were
so great with our kids that Jack and Celeste didn’t want to leave. And we left in a 7 Series BMW!!!!

Pull your socks up Sheraton – the competition has arrived!!

• Stayed: April 2007
15  Thank CassiusDov
Reviewed April 14, 2007

I will not go into the details of the property as the previous reviewer has given a very comprehensive review.

We booked for one night on the way to a week's holiday at one of the islands. We booked the deluxe 2 bedroom oceanfront including BWM transfers. Pick-up was no problems and our luggage had no problem fitting into the vehicle. Next day on transferring to the airport, the BWM was smaller than the one we had the previous day and could not fit our luggage - so they sent us off to the airport in the BMW and left one suitcase behind and said that they would send it in another vehicle. We arrived at the airport and waited 45 minutes for the suitcase to arrive, just making our flight.

We then returned to the hotel after our week on the island for another night. Pick up again was fine. Upon checking in I explained to the front office person that we did not want the same problem we had last time with the smaller vehicle and asked that she ensure that we get the bigger car to accommodate our luggage. She said she would get back to me.

Our package also included breakfasts for our party of 5. We were checking out 5.30 am for our flight - a time before the restaurant opened and room service began. I asked the front office person what could be done and she said she would need to speak to her supervisor and get back to me.

This person did not get back to me on either of these two matters and it was left to me to follow up again myself.

The people are friendly but the service is dreadful. The only thing worse than the quality of the service is the food. The Executive Chef needs to visit other properties to see the quality of the food being served elsewhere. Room service food arriving cold and soggy, with not all the order arriving, long delays and a number of the dishes we ordered were bland and tasteless. Eating in at the restaurant was no better. The food here is very poor and not fitting of a five star hotel. Something needs to be done here and done quickly. We only wished we had taken the advice from other TA reviewers and ate elsewhere.

I think there are a lot of staff working here in all areas of the hotel who have not been properly trained.

The rooms are great and the pools fanstastic.

We paid in excess of $1,000 per night and paid to eat at Nuk Nuk (I think that is what it was called) for very poor food. I would suggest that unless something is done about the restaurant food and service then the restaurant will be renamed YUK YUK!

I would not stay here again, twice was enough to confirm what many of the TA reviews have described.

7  Thank Travelwriter63
Reviewed April 12, 2007

Reviewed April 11, 2007

We stayed here over the Easter period for a week.Kiwinick is right.This is not yet a resort as it does not have full facilities yet the price charged is much higher than the other resorts on Denarau.As has been said a 2 bedroom villa here is $F1000 a night.The rate at the Sheraton Denarau villas with breakfast is $F485.Sure the rooms at the Hilton are much nicer as is the pool but there is nothing else.
The restaurant is well situated,a lovely ambience,friendly but slow service but the food quality is variable and I did end up with Delhi belly after 1 breakfast.Compared to the Sheraton's ports o call restaurant prices are much the same for eqivalent food-eg caesar salad is the same price but at Nuku came with stale bread squares not garlic croutons whereas at the Sheraton it is prepared at the table the way you want it.A 200gm rib fillet at Nuku was $F45 and had to be sent back as ordered medium rare but came cold in the centre,it is served on julienne veggies mainly capsicum.At the Sheraton the prime rib is $F66 but it is a much larger serving and you are presented with a choice of mustards,a side dish of nicely steamed veggies and a baked potato with the trimmings of your choice.
Another poster commented on the lack of construction noise.Well that is because there is no construction going on so it will be a long time before this resort is complete.
We stayed on a hilton reward so value was not a problem.However our son-in-law and family paid the $F1000 a night for a 2 bedroom villa.Although an honors gold member there was no recognition of status.Before going he rang the hotel to see if there may have been a reduction in price due to low occupancy since the coup-he ended up being charged more as they had not realised he had 4 children.
Summary-an incomplete resort with the best rooms on denarau.Fine if you just want to relax by the pool but way too expensive for what it is now.

8  Thank drron