The Hilton resort at Denarau is one of the better ones on the island, and how do I know? I went there for a wedding at the island so I had friends staying at pretty much all over the island at different resorts. Relatively speaking, I find that the Hilton resort is much newer so naturally the rooms are less aged, also I find that in terms of layout the hotel is the only one on the island that has all the rooms facing out into the ocean. And if you're feeling peckish, the nearest cafe/restaurant/grocery is never too far away as they are scattered out throughout the Hilton complex. As a matter of fact there's a cafe directly behind my room, food in a flash -easy.
In the subject of food, I have to make a special mention to the breakfast buffet at 'Nuku' the main restaurant, I highly recommend it, if you can package with the room DO IT. Why? The staff there is real friendly and the food is sensational, you can have your eggs cooked in any way you'd like (try the omelette with the lots, it's cooked fresh is so damn delicious), the usual bacon, sausages, hash brown, if you're not a hot breakfast person, there's yohurt smoked salmon, cereal. Or if you're someone who likes to get drunk in the early hours, there's unlimited wine, and of course as well as that various fruit juices.
Extra tidbits that you should know:
-there's a 'Port' on Denarau island, mainly used for dining and a starting point of many of the day cruises, there's a pharmacy and a post office there too. You can get there with the Bula bus
-best shopping for souvenir (in terms of range and pricing) is at Radisson
-Really no good beaches on the island, it's a reclaimed mangrove, instead go for a day cruise, these can be booked at the Port (cheaper) or at hotel
-If you have your own computer and want internet, the Hilton rate is super expensive, try hoping on the Bula bus and head to Worldmark for their prepaid Wifi at a fraction of the cost
-If you reckon that the food prices are hiked up, that's cause it is. Try driving or getting a taxi to Nadi, you'd be pleasantly surprised
-For those people who want to experience the real people and culture of Fiji, hire a car and get off the island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What's your idea of the perfect escape? Perhaps it's spending precious time together as a family. Maybe you want to rediscover romance, in a setting that's simply breathtaking. Or perhaps you'd rather enjoy relaxing spa treatments and superb cuisine...For sheer romance, a glorious honeymoon, your best family break ever or a golfer's dream holiday, Hilton in Fiji makes the perfect setting. Welcome to your perfect escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiji Beach Resort And Spa Managed By Hilton
- Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed By Hilton Hotel Denarau Island
- Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Denarau Island
- Hilton Denarau Island
- Fiji Hilton
- Denarau Island Hilton