“Paradise”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Denarau Island
Fort Pierce, United States
“Paradise”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We recently stayed at the Fiji Resort, Managed by Hilton. What a wonderful property. We booked a beach front room which actually was a condo, complete with a kitchen, washer/dryer and BBQ grill. Flat screen TVs, FAST internet and a wonderful bathroom. What more could you want? We especially enjoyed the Pan Asian restaurant and the complimentary breakfast buffet. The pools are beautiful and they do a great job in keeping the children in the kid's pool and away from the adults. The beach is pretty to look at but not so wonderful to swim in because it is a reclaimed beach with a mushy bottom. But this really didn't matter as the pools are fantastic as is the scenery. Staff here are spot on and always make a point to say "Bula" anytime they pass you. Book this Hilton. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

4 Thank Richard S
FredericLebegue, General Manager at Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Bula ElizabethN,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. It seems that you have found the right offer for your on our website, and I am of course glad that you thoroughly enjoyed the resort, the hospitality of the team and the special features we offer (private dinner anywhere on the 1.5km of beach), choice of adults only breakfast, etc …
We all look forward to your return to 'paradise'.
General Manager - Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (828)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Suva, Fiji
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed in a beachfront studio as part of a Bed and Breakfast package (2 nights). While the room and balcony had a great view, I could not enjoy it as guests in the room below were constantly smoking so I had to keep my door shut at all times. I would like to see the resort adopt an approach whereby smoking guests are all located in one particular area of the resort so the non-smoking guests (the majority) can enjoy their stay. Furthermore, while there was designated area for smokers at the pool area, this was not enforced as some guests were smoking wherever it pleases them (even at the children's pool!). Upon checking in, the circumstances of my included breakfasts was not explained. For both breakfasts, I chose to dine at the adults only breakfast restaurant where I told the wait staff that I was on the B&B package. However, it was not until checking out that I've been billed for both breakfasts as I was supposed to have eaten at the other restaurant. I checked the terms and conditions of the B&B package and it did not state which restaurant I was to have the included breakfasts at. So I didn't get 'bang for my buck' with the package. Another suggestion I'd like to make is for the resort to enforce their "if sunbed is unattended for more than 30 minutes, we have the right to remove items" rule in the pool area. At 9:30am one morning I went to the pool and ALL sunbeds had personal items and towels on them, but only about 30% had people on them. Restaurant staff were absolutely fantastic and made my dining solo experience not so lonely! Also, rooms were very clean, comfortable and modern. Standard of food quality was high and there were plenty of variety. For those who are looking for day trip ideas, I highly recommend the Seaspray day sailing adventure managed by South Sea Cruises at Port Denarau.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Bula clareja,
Thank you very much for your review – your precious feedback was noted and action will be taken to avoid re-occurrence of the unfortunate incidents you have been through and for which I would like to apologize.
Both restaurants (Nuku & Maravu) are available for guests who are on a B&B package, and therefore, please do contact me so that we can get to the bottom of this incident.
I look forward to having you back at the resort very soon.
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed June 2, 2014

IT is nice enough and the pool and restaurants and quality of food is fantastic. But I would not pay any money to visit the spa as it was the worst spa experience I have ever had. The room we stayed in was nice and the view was nice and we had the Fijian night on the beach which was an awesome night as well as the private romantic dinner on the beach which was awesome too. I think your stay here would be pleasant but just do not spend any money at the spa and make sure your clear about what you need to pay for your stay from the start as we were told many different things in emails and then got a shock at the cost once we arrived.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Bula Caranneash,
Many thanks for your review – it was a pleasure to share it with the team here. However, i would love to get additional feedback about the spa treatment, as this is usually an area we are getting praised for. My email is frederic.lebegue@hilton.com
The team and I look forward to your return.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Beautiful looking hotel and friendly staff. Though during my stay I had the following issues: * fridge in room not working and not fixed * adults only continental breakfast poor relation to choices in the main restaurant but priced the same. No full breakfast option - only alternative is a la carte (my omelet was grey in colour). * Gym does not have enough equipment for hotel this size and no restrictions on length of use (eg only 2 treadmills, people on treadmills for 1 hour with 4 people waiting) * no cushions on my outdoor furniture - many rooms had cushions - hotel clearly does not have enough for all rooms * some internal furniture coverings grimy and dirty

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Bula Ruth D,
Thank you very much for your review and feedback.
The adults only breakfast option features a buffet for cold items, whilst hot items are prepared on an a la carte basis. Some ingredients in omelettes (such as mushroom for example) may change the color. I fail to understand if you have raised the issue at the restaurant rather than days later on Trip Advisor.
The continental breakfast is very similar to the main restaurant, and should you have wanted a specific item that was not there, we would have picked it up from the kitchen.
I have noted your other points and certainly regret that treadmill users would not use common sense to limit their work out when other guests are queuing.
I do hope that we will have the pleasure of having you back, so that you may enjoy the on-going enhancements to the resort, and the 5 star service we offer to thousands of satisfied guests every month.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 2, 2014

What a surprise, we stayed here as our flight was cancelled to Sydney. So chose this and what a find! We loved our beachfront studio room. Impressed I was in the bath and could still see the ocean! The pool areas divided into adults and children areas was great. A huge area with heaps of facilities for every age.
The choice of restaurants was great and we enjoyed a really great meal at Maravu.
An onsite coffee shop and small supermarket and bottle shop makes this a very easy resort to stay at.
We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: If you want quiet ask to be at the far end away from the pools. A great view over the ocean from the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ObreeandCo
Bula ObreenandCo,
Many thanks for your encouraging feedback. I am glad that your cancel flight turned into a great experience and hope to see you back soon for a longer stay.
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

The people here are all lovely and fairly genuine and for a Hilton property that can be very rare. The poor value for money however brought me back to reality... Food on Nuku was poor, worst we have experienced at a 4 Star + establishment - we even had to send back our main! Overall food was average; would rate more specially but ate out as much as we could.

Service was ok but on balance we will stay elsewhere in future

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NicSou
Bula NicSou,
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback – your kind words about the team were very much appreciated. However, it would have been great to have more details about the food, as rating it poor does not give us sufficient details to improve.
Please do contact me as we always value feedback and use it for on-going improvements.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 1, 2014

For a 'resort' that has been going for 8 years, it felt like it had problems that are typical of an opening. I booked a holiday with my elderly parents and was allocated the apartment furthest away from reception which meant either a 15 min walk to reception/pool/carpark/restaurants every time we needed something or a 10-15 min wait for a buggy to arrive. The surrounds is still heavily under construction so all the views were not appealing. On check in, they gave us the wrong door key type and so getting in our room took over 40 mins to actually happen and a couple of long trips back to reception. Once in the room, the size was good however all the furniture is tired and dated and well worn. Even the outdoor furniture did not look appealing to use as it was old and faded severely. I did notice all the rooms closer to the pool have been maintained. Other issues;
- random replenishment of room supplies and water
- breakfast staff do not cope well when busy - not enough coffee plungers, and the food is not replenished to keep up with the volume of diners, every morning over 5 days. I hate to see it during peak season
- entertainment equipment is old, does not even support usb media
- overlooking construction site
- lack of resort vibe
- bed mattress collapsing on one side making uneven sleep

The positives are that it is quiet most of the day and night and the staff make an effort to greet you warmly. Also, we did order pizza for room service at the evening, due to the distance to walk to the restaurant and my father loved them.

Lets sum it all up by suggesting that they need to improve this resort by considering travelers convenience to access, to facilities etc. and they need to keep up the maintenance to justify the rates they are charging.

Room Tip: Try stay close to the pool/restaurants
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Bula Peter L,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about the hotel, which is not a time share. Your suggestions are already in place and I certainly regret that you did not experience the hotel the way thousands of satisfied guests do every month.
I look forward to your return so that you may enjoy the on-going enhancements.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denarau Island
#7 of 8 in Denarau Island
Sheraton Denarau Villas
Sheraton Denarau Villas
#3 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!