“Very nice staff and place.”

Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Denarau Island
Auckland, New Zealand
“Very nice staff and place.”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Stayed for 5 nights and really liked it. It is a very nice place for the whole family, with lots of activities, especially for the kids. Great pools and rooms but the staff are the star of the place, always very friendly and kind.
Let down: free the internet. I have stayed in much cheaper hotels that provide free internet for the guests. I know that gold or whatever HHonors members get it free, but I still believe that at least a quota of MB could be provided…
The free internet in the restaurant was poor and kept logging me out every two minutes.
Breakfast was very good, but the restaurants were a bit expensive for the food provided.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
FredericLebegue, General Manager at Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Bula Lidia E,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us.
I am glad to read that the team played a key role in the success of your vacation. We indeed offer complimentary internet in the main restaurant and the Deli, as well as for HHonors Gold & Diamond throughout the resort.
We all look forward to your return.
General Manager - Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (806)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
UK
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

This was only an overnight on our way back up to Seoul having come from one of the outer islands. Sadly the experience wasn't great; the transfer arrived 20 mins late, the reception area and surrounding resort is boarded due to ongoing construction an renovation. The room (2701) was good and comfortable but the bathroom plumbing poor (toilet probably blocked) and broken glass panel in the shower. The (recently re-opened) restaurant and bar looked promising but clearly kitchen and waiting staff are lacking experience or just can't be bothered. Food was delivered cold and consequently sent back and the bar service was next to non existent. If Hilton are managing this resort, it certainly isn't to Hilton standards. The restaurant took steps to remedy by refunding the food element but sadly I think this may be a regular occurrence judging by the attitude of staff.
Breakfast was a good standard but this is a family resort where the emphasis is on "family". There are probably better stopover options elsewhere.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Wellpastit
Bula Sackville,
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback.
I am glad to confirm that the renovation/upgrade works that you are referring to are completed.
Your comments about the food and service were well noted, and the team has indeed taken note of the unfortunate shortfalls you have experienced, so that the necessary actions can be taken accordingly. Let me stress that this is indeed not a regular occurrence, but definitely an exception, and that the entire team here is dedicated to quality and service.
I am also sorry to read about the issues in your room, that should indeed have been spotted prior to check-in.
I do hope that you will give us another chance to deliver the levels of quality that guests received every day, and choose to come back to when holidaying in Fiji.
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed April 25, 2014

My wife and I had our honeymoon at the Fiji Beach resort managed by Hilton for 9 days in April 2014 and we both loved it! Its definitely a relaxing resort, there are some activities but we chose to indulge in the buffet breakfast and lazy around by the beautiful pool drinking mocktails for most of the day. We had dinner at the Nuku restaurant on one of the nights but decided to walk to the Denaurau port (15 minute walk) for the other nights for variety. The staff were genuinely friendly and the rooms were serviced to a very high standard. We would definitely recommend this resort to anyone wanting to have a relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: The 1 bedroom apartment is worth the little extra and they are a nice distance away from the possibl...
1 Thank AndyCzajkowski
Bula AndyCzajkowski,
Thank you very much for choosing us for this very special occasion.
The team indeed appreciated your very encouraging review and we all look forward to your return.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We spent 7 nights in a first floor beach view studio apartment at the Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed by Hilton. Facilities are in general good. The resort has a number of swimming pools (some of which are conveniently adults only), two very good restaurants and a nice cafe. The location is fantastic and the views spectacular. However, we were disappointed by the room and the service. The cleanliness of the room was not what you would expect from this resort. On our first night we were greeted by cockroaches in the bedroom. There were sticky drink stains on the cupboards shelves and the bathroom had only been cleaned superficially. There were hand prints on the glass sliding doors dividing the bedroom from the bathroom and stains on the sink. The room also clearly lacked maintenance. The blinds were ripped, the couches stained and the hot water was broken on one day (though this was rectified quickly). We purchased wi-fi for the room but this was not working for the whole duration of our holiday. As the maintenance guy could not find the problem, we were finally reimbursed but this was still an inconvenience. There were a ridiculous number of light switches in the room (but none in the bathroom): 8 at the entrance of the room which controlled an equal number of different lights (in the bedroom and the bathroom) and a fan, and more on each side of the bed. This meant that it took about 4/6 attempt each time to find the light we were looking for. The staff was friendly and helpful but often slow in delivering service. We often had to remind waiters what we ordered two (sometimes three times) after waiting for extended period of time. Unfortunately this resort failed to impress us and we do not think it is up to the luxury standard they advertise.

2 Thank ValMella
Bula ValMella,
Many thanks for sharing your feedback.
It was distressed to read that we have failed to not only meet your expectations of the resort, but also our usual standards of quality and service, and I certainly want to apologize for the series of shortfalls that you have experienced. It is not clear if you have reported any of these issues while on property, in which case we would have taken the necessary measures to make up for the inconvenience and to ensure that the remainder of your stay would be seamless.
Rest assured that your feedback was indeed used for additional training, so that similar incidents do not re-occur.
We look forward to welcoming you back for a thoroughly enjoyable stay.
Winchester, UK
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The Fiji Hilton is a great hotel, and I enjoyed a great week here. The pools are great, the location fabulous, and the staff could be more courteous. In particular the rooms are very clean and well appointed.
I booked a two bedroom villa, which is in effect the front beachside one bedroom villa (with kitchen) and the door opened to the rear garden villa (without kitchen). This gives lots of space and two separate seating areas. Lovely.
The only snag with the villa is the very thin curtain at the front – the sun will wake you up at 6am! – and the complete lack of a curtain at the back, where a very bad bit of design means there is a vast open window into the shower, which then has an frosted glass door into the room. My son woke up at 6am every morning thanks to this, until in a fit of pique I took all the cushions in the room and the mattress from the sofa, and built a cushion wall to keep out the light. You shouldn’t have to do this in a five star resort! See the pictures if you want to build one yourself. Madness.
My gold HHonors card was recognised at check in, and I was given the upgrade of a free breakfast and free wifi in the villa. Great.
However I couldn’t help but by a little disappointed by the amount of construction work going on. As a foodie I was particularly surprised by the closure of the Maravu restaurant, and everyone was lumped into the Nuku restaurant which was packed, and very poor. The steak was very expensive and tough as nails. Worse was the breakfast in Nuku which although it had a wide selection, had a very poor cooked selection. It’s not advertised at all, but half way through my stay I found the kitchen staff would actually cook up omelettes for you if you want, but that’s about it.
As one who likes beachside bars I was also surprised that the Bar at the Hilton is probably the worst of all at Denaru island: just a couple of tables outside the folding window flaps of a very small bar with no atmosphere. I really recommend you walk along the beach just five minutes to the Sofitel, the Westin, and the Sheraton which have vastly better bars.
Finally, there is a vast amount of construction not just with the new restaurant, but with the villas at the far end of the beach – and the only access road is the beach itself! Hence my son had to dodge cement mixers, large trucks, and bulldozers which were all using the beach as an access road from 7am in the morning: not exactly restful.
So, on the whole great – but don’t visit until the building work is over. And bring your own curtains!

4 Thank Lorks
Bula Lorks,
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about the resort. Whilst I understand you have had an overall great stay with us, I also read your comments with interest.
Maravu was closed for upgrade works and re-opened, on time, on April 15th. During the closure, additional dining options were offered, in addition to an already generous range of dining alternatives: Nuku restaurant featuring an extensive a la carte selection, theme nights, private dinner on the beach, Deli with tapas and gourmet salad, sandwiches & pizzas, in room BBQ packages, etc …
I am unsure if you have reported your dissatisfaction with the steak in Nuku, in which case we would have cooked another one to your liking. The breakfast chefs in Nuku would cook eggs any way you would like. We have also recently introduced a revamped breakfast selection that I am sure you will find to your liking.
I have noted your comments about the curtains and will find out the reasons why this very unusual situation not only took place, but was not rectified.
The site at the far end of the resort is off property, and the trucks were related to upgrade works in Maravu, that are now over.
We all look forward to your return, so that you may enjoy Maravu among the many dining options of the resort.
auckland
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed 6 nights in a 2 bedroom (1 bedroom and connecting studio) beach front rooms last week.

All our pre arrival requests were met - room close to pool, early check in, and upstairs rooms.
Check in staff were friendly and helpful. We received a follow up phone call the next morning to check we were happy with the room and all was OK.

Housekeeping let this resort down. Rooms were not fully serviced every day. Three out of our 6 days we had a problem - housekeeping missed towel replacement - missed service completely for which we were offered a "freshen up" (beds made only). Turn down didn't happen every night although this didn't matter to us.

Bed in the one bedroom was a king and very comfortable. In the studio, there were 2 single beds both of which were uncomfortable, on an angle and lumpy. The sofa was better to sleep on.

Information on the daily activities was only on a board near the pool, it was not always correct, and some activities did not take place as sheduled (kava tasting, coconut tree climbing). It would have been helpful to have a daily list left in the room each day, or on the phone.

Restaurants were all good - excellent food but prices were high compared to New Zealand (F$30 for a hamburger), but was similar priced at all Denarau hotels.

Excellent coffee in L'Epicier.

Gardens and pool area are beautifully maintained, although the adult only pool could have done with a skim on occassion. The was never enough pool chairs in the adult only area, and it could have been monitored as people regularly left towels on chairs unattended for hours at a time.

Wifi not great - kept dropping out and one day not accessable at all.

My comments are purely our opinion, minor and may be of benefit to the resort management.

It would not stop us reccommending this resort, we will definitely go back there.

Room Tip: Reservation staff are happy to suggest the best area for your room - excellent advice
1 Thank gran42
Bula gran42,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us.
I am sorry we have not managed to meet your expectations all the way, however, your very valuable feedback was already shared and used for additional training purposes.
The team and I hope we will have the pleasure of having you back very soon for a seamless stay.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We were really happy with the stay. The hotel is beautiful. The room is nice and clean. A lot of activities to do. and the staffs is really friendly and helpful. Few issues let down the experience is the restaurant. The service is quite slow (even if they are not busy at all) and the food can be lack of consistency. Some meal was excellent, some was not (I got overcook lobster)

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Panchapol C
FredericLebegue, General Manager at Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Bula Panchapol C,
Many thanks for sharing your impressions of the resort. I am glad you have had such a great stay and that the friendliness and quality of the service was the highlight of your vacation.
I have also noted your very constructive feedback, and have already made the necessary arrangements to address the unfortunate shortfalls you have experienced and for which I would like to apologize. I would simply like to add that I am not sure if the overcooked lobster was reported, in which case, we would have changed and prepare another one.
We look forward to your return for additional ‘friendly service’ and memorable Fijian moments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denarau Island
#7 of 8 in Denarau Island
Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa
Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa
#6 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!