My partner and I stayed here over New Years for 7 nights.
When taken to our room it had not been cleaned 100% and still had tooth paste on the tiles around the basin and it was obvious that it was in need of a revamp with the towel rail loose and 8 other holes drilled around it where it had previously fallen off and re fitted in a different spot. The inside seat and out side seating had large stains and not some thing I wanted to sit on. The curtain looked like it had a coffee stain on it about the size of your hand. The mattress was sagging in the middle due to years of wear, The shower head had chrome peeling off it not to mention the tiles in the shower had grime and mould in between them.
Although we were disappointed we were trying to be positive and enjoy our holiday so when waking up with a sore back we asked the staff if we could change rooms to a newly revamped room.
At this point I was looked at like they couldn't understand what my problem was and said they would check with some one if I could change rooms. 4 hours later I went back to the lobby to find out how things were going. I was basically fobbed off and told to come back tomorrow, I said "can you at least change the mattress" I was told no that they would not do that but they could supply duvet for us to sleep on. I was pretty angry at this point and after getting my point across I was shown another room which was in block 9 (far away from the pool or any thing in the hotel). They then said they would try for another room again tomorrow... well this never happened and we gave up asking.
Please be aware that at the Hilton and Denarau Island every thing is 4 times the price than you would pay at home, A powerade will set you back $16, a family sized pizza from the snack bar between $50 - $80. They have you trapped on the island having to pay there absorbitant prices.
The breakfasts are great... unfortunately that's where it ended for us. After spending $400 NZD per night on our "5 star hotel" We left feeling ripped off
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Fiji Beach Resort and Spa is ideally located on 2.5 km of beach on Denarau Island. Discover a paradise of sun, sea and sand at this relaxing resort. Indulge in a massage by the sea or choose from an array of treatments at the award-winning Pevonia concept spa. Every guest room offers a private terrace or balcony, and our suites provide even more space and luxury. Every meal can be enjoyed with ocean views on the side when you dine at one of our restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed By Hilton Hotel Denarau Island
- Fiji Beach Resort And Spa Managed By Hilton
- Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Denarau Island
- Hilton Denarau Island
- Fiji Hilton
- Denarau Island Hilton