This is a late review from our stay in August so I will keep it brief (compared to my other reviews).
We had 7 nights here in August and as HH Diamonds received an upgrade to a 1 bedroom apartment, upstairs (they are mostly 2 stories).
As we arrived at 7 am I was expecting to be told that our room was not ready and indeed this was the case, but we were invited to have breakfast in the restaurant and return instead. This was a pleasant surprise but is probably quite common due to the flight timings from Australia. Check-in was simple and effortless.
The breakfast spread is decent and there are 2 restaurants in peak season, on which is child free. This is essential as 2 groups seem to be very common in this hotel- couples and young families with loud children. The selection is similar in both but a little larger in the main restaurant.
Our room was very clean, modern and tastefully decorated. It was apartment sized and would easily suit a 2+1 family. The rooms are true apartments in the sense that they have laundry and dryer facilites and a full kitchen with stove, microwave, crockery and cutlery (flatware for the Americans). There is a large tv in both the bedroom and lounge room and the couches are comfortable. The bathroom was also large with separate bath and shower. One suggestion i have for the room is to include a beach/pool tote bag. Our room at the Santhiya had one of these and it was indispensable. It was a chargeable item and can make a tasteful and long lasting souvenir for the trip
The only gripe we had about the room was at night- the blinds in our room were useless in blocking any light so if you are a light sleeper you will be up at the crack of dawn, around 6am when we were there. I like a room that can be made into complete darkness even in the middle of the day but would settle for the ability to sleep in until 8.
The pool is the main reason you come to this sort of resort, as the beach on Denarau is not really great for swimming. While they advertise 5(?) pools, it is really 1 or 2 large connected pools built around the central restaurant. They are very nice and having the adults only pool at the far end is a great idea, as the kids side was very noisy. They have a poolside food and drinks service and the staff are very proactive and attentive, unlike most other resorts where you may struggle to place an order.
A major issue with the pool during our stay is the lack of an obvious/enforced deckchair policy. Many of the deckchairs would be 'claimed' with a towel or magazine early in the morning. Some of these would be empty for most of the day and we witnessed many people looking around for chairs when there were plenty of empty ones that should have been available. This needs urgent attention if it is a common issue during non-peak periods (hotel was at 90+% apparently).
We were invited to some drinks with the managers one night during the week, which was very nice and a good chance to pass on some comments and meet the management.
We did not use the gym, nor the spa service. One thing this hotel seems to lack is a jacuzzi and sauna. Most resorts in Bali and Phuket have these for general use and they would be a great addition to the hotels offerings.
We ate almost every meal in the hotel, although we did venture out to the nearby Port for a meal once. This is easily within walking distance or you can purchase an all-day ticket for the Bula bus, a shuttle that runs between the hotels and the port. Taxis are also plentiful and very cheap if you prefer.
The hotels restaurants/pricing include all taxes and gratuities so there are no hidden fees nor surprises when the bill arrives. We found the restaurants very nice but with only 3 to choose from you may run out of choices by the end of a week. I am told another one should be opening shortly. The chinese/asian restaurant was very slow on the nights we visited but they were very full and I feel they may have just been a bit understaffed.
Apart from this, the service in the hotel was amazing at all times. The staff were very attentive and always had a smile on their faces when doing their work. I think the single best part of this resort is their staff and the service they provide.
Overall we had an excellent week and there were no major issues with the hotel itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Fiji Beach Resort and Spa is ideally located on 2.5 km of beach on Denarau Island. Discover a paradise of sun, sea and sand at this relaxing resort. Indulge in a massage by the sea or choose from an array of treatments at the award-winning Pevonia concept spa. Every guest room offers a private terrace or balcony, and our suites provide even more space and luxury. Every meal can be enjoyed with ocean views on the side when you dine at one of our restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiji Beach Resort And Spa Managed By Hilton
- Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed By Hilton Hotel Denarau Island
- Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Denarau Island
- Hilton Denarau Island
- Fiji Hilton
- Denarau Island Hilton