First Impressions of the Hotel upon arriving - The Lobby quite worn, and did not look right. Later told that it is in fact a temporary Lobby whilst a new one is being built (unsure if this was correct or not) Check in was quick and convenient. We had booked to stay in a One Bedroom Beachfront. The room we were assigned was 4207. We were offered a lift to the room on a buggy and accepted - luckily. It turned out that the room was over a kilometre away from the reception/pool area, and almost twice as long to the Gym/Spa. It appears also that they are furtehr building down the penninsula with another 500 metres of building under construction. The room was very nice, upstairs, beautiful bathroom. But the distance of the room from everything was just annoying. We walked the trip to the pools/restaurants a couple of times, and took 10 - 15 minutes each time. Which you wouldnt think to be long, but when you want to be relaxing by the pool or eating dinner on Holidays - it is forever. Arranging for the buggy pick up was also a hassle, particularly in the pouring rain.
After one day in this room i requested being moved closer to reception which was arranged very easily, and was a relief. Our new room 307 was a bit smaller, but still had all we needed, and was in a perfect location. We were very happy that the move was accommodated so easily. Im sure in the peak seaon however when the hotel is full it would not be so easy.
The swimming pools were very nice, clean, modern. However they could have used a bit of shade over some of the swimming area. They could also do with a spa/whirlpool.
The restaurants were faily average. The buffet breakfast at Nuku was fairly simple, offering little for someone who likes to venture away from the basic egg, bacon, or toast staple. Lunch from Nuku was nice and seemed to be much better quality than the noodle bar. The food at the noodle bar was not very nice. We ordered room service one night - stay away from the pizza unless you want a cheese coma.
The staff were quite friendly. As a male, with a male partner i could tell this put off some of the male staff. But the majority of the staff were extremely professional, and very helpful.
Overall the hotel is very nice, the rooms are very comfortable, the staff are very friendly and helpful - but the hotel really does need to do something about initiating a better system of getting people to and from the rooms that are so far away.
A big thank you for moving us to a more convenient room however.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What's your idea of the perfect escape? Perhaps it's spending precious time together as a family. Maybe you want to rediscover romance, in a setting that's simply breathtaking. Or perhaps you'd rather enjoy relaxing spa treatments and superb cuisine...For sheer romance, a glorious honeymoon, your best family break ever or a golfer's dream holiday, Hilton in Fiji makes the perfect setting. Welcome to your perfect escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed By Hilton Hotel Denarau Island
- Fiji Beach Resort And Spa Managed By Hilton
- Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Denarau Island
- Hilton Denarau Island
- Fiji Hilton
- Denarau Island Hilton