“Most Enjoyable Holiday”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Denarau Island
Niceville, FL
“Most Enjoyable Holiday”
Reviewed December 29, 2007

We absolutely loved our holiday at this property! We were quite comfortable in a one BR suite with a lovely deck overlooking the blue waters of Fiji. The room was very nice, clean, and well equipped /stocked. The washer-dryer was a welcome bonus. The staff at the hotel was so helpful and always friendly. The Nuku Restaurant was excellent, offering a variety of dishes and a different "Chef's Inspiration" each day. I tried several of these special dishes and was delighted. The Epicier Deli was outstanding as well with excellent Latte, breads and delicious sandwiches. We quickly established our daily routine of work-out at the gym and then to the Deli for coffee and a pastrami on focacia bread-loved the staff there as well. The pools are well-maintained, furnished comfortably for shade or sun with again, great service. All in all, a most excellent Christmas stay at the Fiji Resort managed very well by Hilton!

• Liked — Pool Area
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
7 Thank SWHadley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (818)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Auckland
Reviewed November 28, 2007

First time to Fiji... wasn't sure what to think at first but the resort was wonderful. The people are friendly and the accomodation first rate. we had a 2 bedroom suite (inludes washer/dryer, kitchen, dishwasher, 3 LCD TVs, gas barbecue, etc.).

The food was quite good despite previous ratings in other reviews. we tried a few other restaraunts and by far, the NUKU was one of the best. The Mud Crab (Singapore) style was excellent although FJ$62... but worth every penny.

Pools are the best. Various depths... excellent for kids. No lifeguards but no problem for us. The pools are set against a beautiful backdrop of the ocean and mountains. several large umbrellas providing all the shade you want and very high end chairs made of heavy wood and cushions. we visited other pools (Westin, Sheraton, Sofitel), but found they were pretty predictable. Sheraton pool was especially dissappointing as it looks liked it wa built in early 90s (concrete, light blue painting, etc.).

There was construction... I heard it 3 times while I was here (not counting the new roof over the restaurant veranda) but for the most part was not intrusive (we are from large city anyway). Hilton has done some good planing to provide villas away from the construction - good thinking.

In summary, I'd highly recommend this resort (it's true about the BMW 745i airport transport...) to my friends and family. Enjoy.

Stayed November 2007
8 Thank AmericaninNZ
Reviewed November 26, 2007

So this was a stay booked with Hilton honors points - my my . It was lovely and a steal of a deal.
The resort itself is lovely , good location. Restaurant was excellent, rooms gorgeous - upgrade to a cottage if you can you won't regret it.
Staff went so far out of their way to assist and advise - WOW.
i would definitely reccomend a stay here

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
6 Thank strollingtrini
Victoria
Reviewed November 26, 2007

Our decision to stay at the Fiji Beach Resort was greatly influenced by the contributions on Travel Advisor. We were not disappointed. The hotel was simply beautiful.

We booked our holiday through Qantas. Unfortunately they were only able to offer a beachfront studio room. When we arrived to check in (5.30 am) they allowed us to check into our room although we were a little disappointed in the size of the room. We were staying for seven nights and we didn't feel there was enough room to be comfortable. We asked how much it would cost to upgrade to a one bedroom beachfront vila. The additional cost was around $A125 per night. We upgraded and was certainly not disappointed. We had a kitchen (with everything you would want in a five star kitchen), a huge bathroom, balcony with our own barbeque, large king bed and two LCD TVS. It was just gorgeous. We recommend the one bedroom suite if you are staying for more than three days.

The NUKU breakfasts were sumptuous. We ate there on a couple of occasions for lunch and dinner and although it is expensive, we found the food to be delicious. We asked for meals that were not on the menu and they were happy to oblige. The coffee shop also offers some delicious alternatives to the restaurant.

Each night at around 8.30 pm, a housekeeper comes to your room/suite and dress your bed, bring you details on the highlighted eggs for breakfast, the weather for the next day and the activities for the day. You can keep busy all day if you wish, we chose to rest.

The pools, (five of them) all connected, are beautiful, clean and blue. They look onto the sea with large comfy lounge chairs.

The staff are simply overwhelming. They are friendly, cannot do enough for you and make you feel as though you are the only person at the Resort.

The Resort is very private. We visited all of the resorts on the Island and we found them to be too busy. When you are at the Hilton, you may not see another person for hours.

We are planning a return trip and cannot speak highly enough of the Resort. It is quiet, private, comfy, clean and just such a relaxing place.

• Liked — Private, beach and staff
  • Disliked — The standard beachfront room is not suitable for a long stay.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
12 Thank lez_lee
USA
Reviewed November 25, 2007

Do not book at hotel directly, very expensive for what you get. We paid over 1050 FJD per night for a two bedroom "suite" considering the room- it may be a deal at 1/2 the price. The room itself was very typical for Fiji, kinda Caribbean hotel like, white interior, tile floors, similar to the pictures on the web only I found it a little dingy (however I am a clean freak)- even our sheets had to be changed when we got there because they were sandy. Yes staff is friendly, service is ok and food is ok. Pool is lovely, although they are doing construction right by one of the pools. The biggest disappointment if you are wanting to venture out to the beach beware this is not a nice beach it is unkempt, seweedy, and murky and the sand has a considerable amount of black clay in it so the water is grayish along the entire shore by the hotel.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank Analisa
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 24, 2007

5 Star service from the moment we arrived at the Hilton, very welcoming and the staff were all sooo helpful, this was celebrity treatment for me and my cousin..Stayed only for 4 nights. The villa's are spacious & luxurious and I miss the aircon after a hot day exploring Nadi, its all we needed, we had the beach-front view. The NUKU bar faces the water with a spectacular view & there's acitivites daily so there's always something to do at this ravishing resort. I strongly recommend this resort to anyone and everyone, just remember it is island and the people are very laid back yet efficient with thier service and never-ending smiles..BULA!

• Liked — Friendly Staff & Beach front view of our Villa.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank shebangz
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed November 14, 2007

My Wife and I stayed at the Fiji Beach Resort for part of our Honeymoon and we both agree that the Hilton was the nicest resort either of us has ever stayed in.

Accommodations
I am a Hilton Diamond member and used my points to stay for free at the resort for 5 nights. Even though we stayed for free you never would have known because we were treated exceptionally by the staff. I requested an upgrade and we were given a 1bedroom/1bath (Highly recommended). The room was great and really allowed my wife and I to relax on our vacation. The extra ammenities such as the washer/dryer and mini kitchen were great because we were able to pack light and do some laundry and also cook some of our own meals. The room was very clean and everything worked very well. We forgot to bring electrical adapters but they have some you can borrow at the resort (although they also sell them for 2.99 FJD in the store). Because it was our honeymoon they gave us a bottle of champagne, fruit basket, and a gift of local lotion/body scrub/etc which my wife loved.

Resort
The resort itself is still under construction, but we were never bothered by it and really didn't even hear any noise. The areas that are finished look like they have been done for several years because the landscaping is so lush. The pools are amazing and that is where we spent most of our time. We spent a day at the Spa and while I didn't really enjoy it my wife raved about it. If you want to be in the same room as your partner be sure to book a Duo room a week or so in advance. You can just email the spa via the website. The beach isn't the prettiest of beaches, but the views from the beach are very nice. The Ocean isn't clear right in front of the resort, but you can always visit the islands just off the coast where the beaches and ocean are cleaner.

Staff
Simply amazing! Everyone was so friendly and willing to help. Everywhere you walk someone is always saying "Bula" to you. An example of how dedicated the staff is to you while you stay at the resort would be: when I noticed the Staff wearing a hat with the Hotel logo on it and I really liked how it looked, I asked the front desk if they had any more that I could buy. They told me that they were only for staff, but said they would look to get me one before I left. They later told me that they didn't have any more left, but said that I could have one of their own personal hats. A gentleman by the name of Savenaca actually drove home and brought me his own personal hat for free (I ended up giving him the $20 that I had on me because i felt bad that they went to such a degree to get me a hat). I've read reviews of this hotel where people said the staff had a bad attitude or wasn't helpful and I completely disagree. The above was just one example of exceptional service.

Food/Beverage
The resort has one restaurant (Nuku) and one delicatessen (Epicier). We ate only once at Nuku because we didn't feel that the food was that great and felt that it was over-priced for what it was. We also overheard other guests sending back their food. However, the breakfast at Nuku is amazing! Note to Hilton Diamond members: if you get your room upgraded breakfast is no longer free, but if you don't get upgraded your breakfast is comped. We did enjoy several lunches and dinners at Epicier though. The food is reasonably priced and very good. One thing I would recommend is doing the in Villa Barbeque. It is pricy but you get a lot of food and it is very good. We do wish we would have known about the grocery store at Denaru Marina earlier in our trip because we would have purchased more food from there and made more of our dinners. The Marina and other results are easily accessed by the "Bula Bus" which runs by the Hilton every 15 minutes or so and is free. Drinks were a little pricy but we ended up bringing in a lot of wine from the duty free shop at the airport so it didn't really bother us.

Day Trips
We did two day trips on our honeymoon both scheduled by the Hilton for us. The first was a waverunner safari and while we were a little skeptical at first this ended up being an incredible way to see the outer islands and do some great snorkling! David was our guide and he did a great job of pointing things out and taking us to good snorkling spots. The other day tour we did was to the famous Garden of the Sleeping Giant. This is the world's largest Orchid garden and it didn't dissapoint! The setting of the Garden is just beautiful and there are so many plants/trees to look at when there. Highly recommended as well. The Hilton has a great tour desk that will set up everything and you can simply charge the tours to your room. The only daily activity that we did was the Kava Ceremony and I think that if you are visiting Fiji for the first time this is something that you must do! Kava is Fiji's ceremonial drink, and while it doesn't taste good it certainly does what it's meant to do......calm you down.

My wife and I will certainly be returning one day to this resort and can't wait for the other ammenities to open when the resort is completed. This resort was far superior to any of the other resorts on Denaru Island that we visited (Westin, Sheraton, Sofitel). If you are staying on the Mainland try to stay at the Hilton, you'll be glad you did.

• Liked — Villas and Staff
  • Disliked — Restaurant Nuku
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
#7 of 8 in Denarau Island
Sheraton Denarau Villas
Sheraton Denarau Villas
#3 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!