My wife and I began our honeymoon leg of Fiji in Denarau. After arriving in Nadi Airport from HK, we jumped in a dodgy yellow taxi and had to battle school morning traffic. 45 mins for a 10km drive :|
When we arrived we were greeted with great enthusiasm by the porter and we were escorted to the check-in desk. After being offered a cool drink we were taken to our rooms and given a quick run down of the resort.
We stayed in a Beachfront Studio and it was plenty big enough for the two of us to use as a resting point.
The room was nice enough but the bathroom was a little bit disappointing. The bath certainly was nice looking, but the shower and toilet reminded me of a high school change room cubical.
The bed was nice and comfy and there was an average sized LCD screen with quite a few channels to choose from.
Seeing the beach from our room is certainly impressive, but don't expect much. The beach is black and dirty looking and subsequently we didn't have a desire to use the beach. It was fine though, we spent all our time by the resort pool. if you're after white sandy beaches, stay away from Denaurau.
The restaurant is pretty good and the noodle bar is not bad either. We had an issue with one of our meals and they were super apologetic and fixed it up for us right away at no charge.
The gym is not big, but has a few free weights and treadmills with a cable machine. With a few LCDs in there, you have all you need for a 'holiday' work out.
The pools look great and well looked after. HOWEVER, there are a LOT of kids and these kids do not understand the meaning of 'Serenity' in the Serentiy Pool. Parents, if you are taking your kids there, PLEASE control your children. Not all guests enjoy screaming children doing bombies on their holiday. If you are a after a nice relaxing, romantic holiday, we'd recommend looking for an adult onlys resort.
When we left, we were able to leave our bags there for a week as we were travelling around Fiji still, so this was a great service as we were returning there for one more night before leaving Fiji.
The service for the whole place is inline with the culture of Fiji. Super friendly and happy. Nothing seemed to hard for them, just don't be in a hurry. Remember, everyone is running on 'Fiji Time'
Overall, this is a pretty good hotel that seems quite family friendly. If you are only picking ONE hotel for your honeymoon or romantic holiday, I would not recommend it due to all the children and the many guests, but if it is a short stay or one of several resorts you are staying at, it certainly is worth a stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What's your idea of the perfect escape? Perhaps it's spending precious time together as a family. Maybe you want to rediscover romance, in a setting that's simply breathtaking. Or perhaps you'd rather enjoy relaxing spa treatments and superb cuisine...For sheer romance, a glorious honeymoon, your best family break ever or a golfer's dream holiday, Hilton in Fiji makes the perfect setting. Welcome to your perfect escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hilton EMEA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiji Beach Resort And Spa Managed By Hilton
- Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed By Hilton Hotel Denarau Island
- Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Denarau Island
- Hilton Denarau Island
- Fiji Hilton
- Denarau Island Hilton