We have just gotten back from our first overseas family holiday. Being new parents we were a little unsure as to how our baby would travel.
Rooms - we stayed in a beach front studio and had a cot in our room for our infant. This was requested when we made the hotel reservation and was a little nervous that it would not be there when we got there, but nicely surprised that it was all organised before we arrived at the hotel. No need to worry :)
The room was lovely, and the housekeeping staff were super cute always leaving some different toy (one of ours) in our babies cot as a treat when we came back to our room.
Breakfast - was standard hotel fare. nothing super special, but nothing to complain about either. Good variety of hot and cold food.
Babysitting - we did not use this service however were advised on checkin that apparently it costs $8FJD per hour (you need to give 2 hours notice to arrange it).
Transfers - we were quoted 95FJD from the Hilton for pre arranged transfers so chose to organise ourselves. A taxi from the airport to the hotel cost 25FJD. The return trip was organised by the hotel. We asked them to book a taxi, but they organised a hire car which cost 30FJD. Not sure why the higher price tag if it was arranged earlier...
The hotel did not appear to be very busy while we were there and we had no problems getting poolside seating. Friends that we travelled with told us that they had been there previously (during peak season) and really struggled to find a spot near the pool.
The only issue we really had was the distance you had to walk to get anywhere. Because every room has views of the beach, the hotel is spread out along the beach and covers a fair distance. We were travelling with 2 other couples and there was quite a distance we needed to walk between rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What's your idea of the perfect escape? Perhaps it's spending precious time together as a family. Maybe you want to rediscover romance, in a setting that's simply breathtaking. Or perhaps you'd rather enjoy relaxing spa treatments and superb cuisine...For sheer romance, a glorious honeymoon, your best family break ever or a golfer's dream holiday, Hilton in Fiji makes the perfect setting. Welcome to your perfect escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TravelUp, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiji Beach Resort And Spa Managed By Hilton
- Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed By Hilton Hotel Denarau Island
- Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Denarau Island
- Hilton Denarau Island
- Fiji Hilton
- Denarau Island Hilton