“Review”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Denarau Island
Adelaide
“Review”
Reviewed January 30, 2011

The room was fantastic although our friends were dissappointed with their room and service they encountered upon arrival. The pool is good with plenty of room for everyone.
The pool side bar was great with the bar staff serving up some fab cocktails.
Food was average in the areas we ate.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Lakera, General Manager at Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 20, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your latest review, I am so sorry you had a problem with your arrival process. You will be pleased to know that this has been a major focus for us, we have now implemented cool arrival drinks and wet face towels as guest arrive and tray to get all guests from the lobby to their room within a maximum 30 min time frame ( of course depending on what time frame they arrive at the resort).
I have also forwarded your feedback on our food to my F&B Director and Executive Chef as we pride our selves on our great food quality, I am sorry you didnt fall in love with our food items available.
I do hope I have the chance to welcome you back again to the Sofitel.
Adam Laker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (799)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 29, 2011

I had a broken leg and was reluctant going on a holiday to Fiji as I needed to travel with a wheelchair. My surgeon said it would be a rehab holiday and therefore not able to undertaking many of the activities offered in Fiji like jet skiing, scuba diving and even walking on the sand.
However, I had a fantastic holiday with my daughter, as I felt safe and Alfredo ensured that we had a lovely table at Salt and the wonderful world class restaurant V on many occassions. The food and service was amazing. Especially in the evening it had a beautiful ambience.

1 Thank rowdy55
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your fedback on the service offered by our Food and Beverage Manager. I have ensured he is aware of your feedback as I have personally thanked him for his dedication to customer service.
Thank you again.

Melbourne
Reviewed January 28, 2011

Me and my mother were welcomed and treated like queens here!
My mother had an injury and was in a cast and wheel chair; I was a little nervous how the staff would respond. However the staff went above and beyond to make us feel at home. We were treated extremely well with the Hospitality Manager Alfredo remembering our names and making sure we were looked after each day.
The grounds are breath taking, the food is great (V restaurant is a must!) and the staff are welcoming and sooooo accommodating.
Anyone considering a trip to Fiji MUST stay here... it was a 10/!0 !

tasmania
Reviewed January 26, 2011

Rooms were lovely, the pool was fantastic, however the highlight of the trip was one of the staff that worked there! She made my trip so memorable!!! always friendly, and nothing was a trouble! Thanks Alena!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank jenfTasmania
Lakera, General Manager at Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 28, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your latest review, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and was pleased to read that you enjoyed our friendly staff and service as well as our great pool.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Fiji again.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 20, 2011

Ok... admittedly, we booked the cheapest "standard" room so what did we expect?

We we're there as a transit stop (for roughly 15 hours) so we weren't going to spend heaps on a amazing room, but still: the room reeked of cheap '80s decor. The bed wasn't comfortable at all and the pillows were tiny? When we asked housekeeping for two pillows, it took two hours and two followups to get them.

The best experience I had during this short stay, was the most amazing dinner at "V" Restaurant. The service was exceptional and the food was undeniably the best meal I had in months (which surprisingly includes several 2&3 hat restaurants in Sydney).This meal was the highlight of our stay in Fiji.

If we were ever to return, we would pay for a better room. Whilst I didn't rate this stay highly, I still think it is better than the Westin. If we had paid for a better room, we probably would've had a better experience.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank haydensydney
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for posting your latest review, I was dissapointed to read that you didnt enjoy your room alocation, we normally gain very positive comments even for our most simple lead in room types. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any further feedback for me for our guest rooms.
I was however delighted to read to your enjoyed our Signature Restaurant being V. We have now just updated the menu so please come back again to be impressed.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denarau Island
Sheraton Fiji Resort
Sheraton Fiji Resort
#7 of 8 in Denarau Island
The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa Fiji

Been to Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!