My teenage daughters and I stayed here for 4 nights in July. We were warmly greeted and checked in and shown to our rooms without any fuss, it all went very smoothly. First impressions were WOW.. the reception, lounge, pool areas were inviting and our room was clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. Both my daughters commented on the sheets feeling luxurious. We thought the food was on the expensive side but then we discovered the little french cafe that we had missed seeing on arrival. Great food and good prices but mostly we ate at the Denarau Marina restaurants by the water. The traditional Fijian restaurant, Nadina's was excellent if you want to try traditional Fijian food and the staff were exceptional with their hospitality to say the least.
The staff at the Sofitel were very friendly and did their jobs well.. nothing was a problem.
The only problem we had was getting a poolside lounge. Impossible to get and very frustrating seeing them all reserved with a towel with no one around the pool area. Obviously these people got up at 6.30am reserved their chair with a towel and went back to their rooms. But who wants to get up at this time when on holidays.. we did on the last day and this was the only time we got a lounge. This did put a downer on our holiday because like everyone else just wanted to walk down from our room and laze by the pool. We ended up walking around the beach to the Westin and Sheraton and got a lounge/hammock without a problem ( they also had excellent facilities) but they also got our business for drinks and food....
I would not have a problem with staying here again but they really have to change their pool reservation problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Fiji Resort and Spa is located on beautiful Denarau Island. This five star Fiji resort overlooks the beachfront, adjacent to the world class Denarau Golf and Racquet Club. Our Fiji beach resort offers 296 rooms, each with a private balcony. Other features at this Fiji luxury resort include a private beach, wedding chapel, swimming pools, three restaurants, four bars, an international health spa, and one of the largest ballroom on the island. A bustling marina and cultural temples are located nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, ACCOR, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Fiji Resort And Spa
- Sofitel Fiji Hotel Denarau Island
- Sofitel Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Sofitel
- Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa Denarau Island