Stayed here with my boyfriend for one night before going to the Yasawas. Upon arrival we were impressed by the lobby, but disappointed by the blunt check in service - the bellboy though was nice.
Room was big, we had a standard one facing the pool. The decor in the room is nicer than in the Radisson, where rooms are very standard and cold. But note!! Major dissapointment was the bathroom - lots of space where the sink was and even a huge walk-in wardrobe but the shower room / toilet itself was small, plain, cheaply done, not even that clean. See picture. Cannot believe a hotel supposedly of high calibre would cut a corner like this.
The place was too loud for us with children running around all over the place screaming etc. Pool area quite small relative to the number of people there (even though large in absolute size). Beach was filthy, would not have swam there even if someone paid me. The motorised water sports ruined any hopes of a peaceful walk by the beach.
The bula bus provides free transportation to the port, which is handy (same goes for the other Denarau resorts). Beauty treatments are cheaper in the other resorts, though I did enjoy my pedicure and the result was quite good.
To end on a positive note, I highly recommend the buffet breakfast. Great selection - if you're hungry it's good value for money and the food is good quality. Overall, would recommend this hotel for families or for those looking for activities (e.g. daily pool aerobics) rather than a peaceful 5-star getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Fiji Resort and Spa is located on beautiful Denarau Island. This five star Fiji resort overlooks the beachfront, adjacent to the world class Denarau Golf and Racquet Club. Our Fiji beach resort offers 296 rooms, each with a private balcony. Other features at this Fiji luxury resort include a private beach, wedding chapel, swimming pools, three restaurants, four bars, an international health spa, and one of the largest ballroom on the island. A bustling marina and cultural temples are located nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Fiji Resort And Spa
- Sofitel Fiji Hotel Denarau Island
- Sofitel Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Sofitel
- Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa Denarau Island