My fiance and I have just returned from a 6 night stay at the Sofitel for a friend's wedding there. We had high expectations of this hotel from the positive reviews we read. Sofitel Fiji did not disappoint....we were blown away upon arrival!
Check-in (and check-out) was fast and efficient. We were given a room with 2 queen beds (not what we requested), and although at first I felt like asking reception for another room, my mind soon changed when I visited a mate's room and saw how much smaller his room was! All rooms were quite modern with LCD tvs etc.
The walk-in wardrobe area certainly helped with storing luggage and backpacks. It was great to walk around a hotel room without having to dodge walking into your bags or luggage.
'Roger & Gallet' bathroom amenities certainly were a nice touch, so was to free water daily (believe me, you need it due to the heat). Air-con was just right and the bed & pillows weren't hard, making it easy to sleep at night.
The breakfast selection was quite good, free champagne for breakfast was something a bit different for me, but I got tired fo the selection late in the week as there wasn't anything new to try.
They don't miss you with the price of the cocktails!! $18.50 FJD upwards and the food isn't much different as far as prices go. But you soon get over it...... well I did anyway.
The 2 things I loved the most about our stay was:
1. The bula bus, which is a free shuttle that takes around the different resorts on denarau island as well as the marina.
2. You can (for example) visit the Westin next door for a swim, order food and drinks by the pool and charge it to your room back at the Sofitel, saving you carrying money or cards around!! Just take a towel and go.
All in all, a great stay, would recommend this hotel anyday! Loved the Fijian hospitality at the Sofitel, they are such friendly people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Fiji Resort and Spa is located on beautiful Denarau Island. This five star Fiji resort overlooks the beachfront, adjacent to the world class Denarau Golf and Racquet Club. Our Fiji beach resort offers 296 rooms, each with a private balcony. Other features at this Fiji luxury resort include a private beach, wedding chapel, swimming pools, three restaurants, four bars, an international health spa, and one of the largest ballroom on the island. A bustling marina and cultural temples are located nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, ACCOR, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Fiji Resort And Spa
- Sofitel Fiji Hotel Denarau Island
- Sofitel Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Sofitel
- Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa Denarau Island