“Great for honeymooners”

Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Denarau Island
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Got upgraded to suite with a welcome Champagne with my plat le club membership (sadly forgot to present it in bora bora last time).
The suite itself was great, service terrific, decent restaurants and the only problem - beach and pool... quite so so and too many kids runing around.
Overall its very great!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BBBBBBEEEEE
Lakera, General Manager at Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Bonjour BBEEEE,

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your honeymoon with us and also enjoyed that compliemtary upgrade and welcome gift as part of your membership. I am sorry there were many children around the resort during your stay, of course Fiji is known and promoted as a family destination so children are around in most locations.

Adam Laker

Write a ReviewReviews (3,660)

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Had an amazing 8night holiday staying at the Sofitel Denerau Island Fiji. We had never travelled to Fiji before & were not to sure what to expect after the recent cyclone. The accomodation was perfect, staff who can't stop smiling & are genuinely happy, food wonderful & the Fiji fruit punch to die for, pool area amazing & beach frontage. Plenty of hotel activities available & also para sailing, jet skiiing etc etc. We also had a couples massage in the spa (something we also had never done) it was wonderful. The Sofitel offered us an extremely late checkout as we had a very late airport pick up (at no extra charge). We are in our 50's & travelling without children & were delighted to be offered a breakfast option for couples only & right by the sea (Salt Restaurant), It was very much appreciated. I would highly recommend this resort & spa to anyone travelling to fiji, be it couples or families. A wonderful time never to be forgotton.

Room Tip: Every room faces the ocean. Ask if you want a room away from tour groups or families.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aly1961

Bonjour Aly 1961,

Its is a delight to read that you had a great stay with us on your recent holiday in Fiji. I am so pleased that you also enjoyed our breakfast served at Salt looking over the ocean as this is for adults only and so keeps you in total peace and quiet.
We also hope we are able to welcome you back to Fiji again in the near future.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was my first stay at this resort as I am an Accor member and I was very UNIMPRESSED with the service received here! My family and I will not be returning to this resort EVER! Let's just say that it would be the first and last time we visit!

Check-In was a disaster! I had to go to 3 different counters to finally check in! I was told to present my credit card for payment, received a receipt for the stay and then was advised that there was a refundable $800 fee that will also be charged by the hotel as I had booked 4 rooms. So I agreed, although that fee was ridiculous! I then was told that 2 of my rooms weren't ready and will be ready soon. Although, I had checked in around 4pm, I let that slide since it was my first time there... BIG MISTAKE! We waited, but our room keys were NEVER delivered to us as advised. I had made numerous phone calls to reception and actually had to walk over to check. Then by 5.30pm, I had had enough and rang them one last time only to find out that my rooms were ready and that someone would bring my key cards up. If I hadn't rung them, we probably would have still been waiting! Not a good start to my stress-free weekend!

The Poolside Restaurant and Activities Booth had the worst customer service and I had to actually yell one poolside attendant down to be served! We had an argument with the guy at the kids slide who was very rude. He was telling my nephews off and pointing at them! Who gave him the right to speak to the kids in that manner? He should at least have had the decency to ask for their parents and speak to them which is what I told him! The guy at the Activities area that distributed the life jackets needed some tips in customer service as well! He was so bloody rude and looked like he didn't even want to work! I wondered whether it was because he knew we were locals? More stress on the 2nd day!

Breakfast was a disaster! I had paid for buffet breakfast for 6 of us and could bearly eat as we were all disgusted with the birds (mynahs) flying above and around us, pecking food from the tables! So disgusting! Some fans were turned off and when we asked 2 of the waiters to turn them on, we were ignored.

We managed to receive 12pm check-out for 2 rooms, but had to wait so long for the porter that we ended up carting our luggage to reception. We noticed other guests doing that as well. We were asked AGAIN to present our credit card for payment. By this time, I had had enough! Never going back again! TERRIBLE!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Kaedrinn
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Our stay at the Sofitel Denarau was the start of our love affair with Fiji. The resort was beautiful and whilst there were lots of children it certainly didn't impact our quest for a romantic retreat. Our room was well appointed, spacious and clean. The food was great and property well maintained. The Fijian people are so genuine and friendly with a highlight being the evening Kava session. We would definitely return but perhaps combine our stay with an island visit as well.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Bonjour John R,

We are so pleased to read that you had a great stay here at the Sofitel Fiji and also that you have now fallen in love with Fiji and the Fijian people. This is an easy thing to happen as the local people here are what makes Fiji such a happy place.
We hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We had nine nights at this reort and could not speak highly enough of every aspect. Staff were brilliant, kids club was fantastic along with food, facilities and atmosphere. This was our first trip it fiji and we did not want to come home!
On our last day there was a tsunami warning and the way in which staff informed us and managed the precautionary evacuation was so professional we never felt in any danger.
As someone who works in the hospitality industry I was impressed with evey aspect of our Sofitel experience. Thank you for making our holiday!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank HappytravllerHobart

Dear Happytravelerhobart,

We are delighted to read that you had a great stay with us here at the Sofitel Fiji. Thank you for your kind comments about the restaurants, bars and even more the service from our great Fijian staff. I am also pleased to read that you felt safe and well informed during the recent Tsumani alert as we understand this can be stressful for many people.
We hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed for two nights and found everything about this resort 5 star. The pool is fantastic and kids loved the waterslide. Our room was modern, neat and clean. Travelling with our two children (aged 7 & 8) our room was close to the kids club which was great. Kids club had plenty of activities on offer and the kids never wanted to leave. A big thank you in particular to Miriam and Usa (sorry if not spelt correctly) who did an awesome job keeping the kids occupied and for taking such great care of them. They especially loved the crab hunting on the beach and crab races! Breakfast buffet was really nice, plenty of choice. Also ate at Salt restraurant several times - food was also very nice and reasonably priced. Service was a little slow at times, but no issue as we were on "fiji time" too. All staff were friendly and helpful. Resort location is very convenient and a short trip to the Port and airport. Would definately come back again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa Fiji
Sheraton Denarau Villas
Sheraton Denarau Villas
#5 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!