We stayed at the Sofitel for 7 nights in a garden view room which overlooks the pool area. The room was quite nice and the bed was comfortable. The bathtub is quite narrow so the floor gets wet when having a shower. Replacing the bathtub would be a good idea.
Breakfast and a buffet dinner was included in our rate. Breakfast was fine and included all the usual such as eggs, toast, pastries, yoghurt, fruit, cereal, cold meats, bacon, hash browns, sausages, cooked veges, juices, tea, coffee and sparkling wine. The birds can be a nuisance but it didnt bother us too much. There was a problem in the evening due to bugs but it lasted for 2 nights only- this was due to the cyclone and they disappeared after the grounds were treated. I was impressed with management's swift response to the complaints.
Dinner was great- each theme was tasty: seafood, curry, lovo, european and a few others which i dont remember! These buffets are around F$85-$95 per person but were included at a discounted rate.
Drink prices were ok- Fiji gold for F$9,a Bloody Mary was F$24 and a glass of wine was F$12.
Most evenings there was a live band that played until 11pm and they were quite good. Kava drinking was free on Thursday night and lots of fun. Also the trio who sang from breakfast to the afternoon were good- lovely voices.
There are plenty of activities to keep the kids occupied including a water slide.
The beach is not the best there (which i already knew) but it was fine and we enjoyed lazing around in the sun and water.
The staff are courteous and friendly always with a smile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Fiji Resort and Spa is located on beautiful Denarau Island. This five star Fiji resort overlooks the beachfront, adjacent to the world class Denarau Golf and Racquet Club. Our Fiji beach resort offers 296 rooms, each with a private balcony. Other features at this Fiji luxury resort include a private beach, wedding chapel, swimming pools, three restaurants, four bars, an international health spa, and one of the largest ballroom on the island. A bustling marina and cultural temples are located nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotwire, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Fiji Resort And Spa
- Sofitel Fiji Hotel Denarau Island
- Sofitel Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Sofitel
- Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa Denarau Island