We've stayed in Denarau Islands most years and have found Sofitel very good for it's price.
One of the things that we like most about this resort is that the pool is open 24/7 whereas a lot of Fijian resorts seem to close their swimming pools in the early evening. We have been swimming on two stays here in the last year at mid-night!
The pool during the day-time is fairly busy but the resort has many quiet places to 'escape' to during the day-time. The hammocks on the beach are the best.
The breakfast and meals are nice and similar to most of the other better Fiji hotels. If you are here for business, you cannot rely on the internet. Rooms are good but get fairly warm at night time.
If you want a good Gym then don't stay here, stay at the Sheraton. Also the organised activities are not very good (especially compared to the Shangri-la).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Fiji Resort and Spa is located on beautiful Denarau Island. This five star Fiji resort overlooks the beachfront, adjacent to the world class Denarau Golf and Racquet Club. Our Fiji beach resort offers 296 rooms, each with a private balcony. Other features at this Fiji luxury resort include a private beach, wedding chapel, swimming pools, three restaurants, four bars, an international health spa, and one of the largest ballroom on the island. A bustling marina and cultural temples are located nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Fiji Resort And Spa
- Sofitel Fiji Hotel Denarau Island
- Sofitel Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Sofitel
- Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa Denarau Island