We spent 7 nights here from June 19 2011. We were in a sea view room, but looking around the resort I would say all rooms are sea view. The transfer from the airport was easy and we got a airport cab so it was a set rate of FJ $25.00 - more than reasonable. The welcome at the hotel was great and check-in was very easy. All the staff were warm friendly and welcoming. The buffet breakfast was good but we found that if you had the buffet dinner breakfast was unnecessary. The dinners were all good with a different theme each night.
Restaurant V was a highlight and the meal was of a very high standard and the service excellent - I highly recommend V - it is not one for the kids though - stick to the buffet if you have the kids with you. My partner had a birthday here and the cake and singing of happy birthday was a highlight , made the day that bit more special
Salt down by the beach is also excellent and has a "Adults only" breakfast from 8am to 10am, we didn;t try this breakfast but sounds good to me. Cocktails and light meals at Salt are excellent is a beautiful atmosphere
The resort is very family friendly but is large enough that you can escape the kids if you need to or don't have any or left them at home. The pool has a large shallow area and a water slide. The deep end is very deep at 2.7m which is fantastic as I love deep pools. As i burn easily we used the pool at night, the night sky at 11pm from the pool is amazing.
The hotel ignored my AClub Platinum status but this was forgiven as we were given a welcome gift for another reason. Again all the staff we encountered were excellent and a real asset to the establishment.
I highly recommend the resort, the rooms a good size and very clean and the private balconies and real plus. We had no noise between rooms but you can hear noise in the hallways but it was not a problem as most people move around quietly. There are also two guest laundries with free washers and driers, another big plus. There is a onsite shop for laundry powder, drinks etc - it is not cheap but is very convenient. The Bulla Bus at FJ $7.00 per day per head is great for moving around the island, there are shops at Port Denarau where you can get grocery items also.. If you are at the Sofitel make sure you catch the daily Torch and Candle lighting ceremonies at sunset, this is great to see each night.
We used the Spa which was wonderful and once inside it is very private from the rest of the resort. The staff were very friendly, well trained and professional.
Internet is quite expensive and has a small data allowance – but you are in Fiji – so don’t use it - holidays are to relax. Each room does get 30mins or 15MB per day in the public wireless areas – enough for emails etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Fiji Resort and Spa is located on beautiful Denarau Island. This five star Fiji resort overlooks the beachfront, adjacent to the world class Denarau Golf and Racquet Club. Our Fiji beach resort offers 296 rooms, each with a private balcony. Other features at this Fiji luxury resort include a private beach, wedding chapel, swimming pools, three restaurants, four bars, an international health spa, and one of the largest ballroom on the island. A bustling marina and cultural temples are located nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Orbitz, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Fiji Resort And Spa
- Sofitel Fiji Hotel Denarau Island
- Sofitel Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Sofitel
- Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa Denarau Island