We arrived in Fiji on the Monday night after our wedding and was greeted with a lovely welcome drink and wet towel, which instantly made us feel welcomed. Check in was quick and easy and the staff were very relaxed and helpful.
Our room was spacious and looked out towards the water (we upgraded from a standard to a superior, definately worth it, just for the balcony and views at least!)
Throughout our stay, we received a complimentary bottle of sparkling, fruit platter, etc and were even offered a romantic beachside breakfast at Salt Restaurant, which was lovely! The food and beverage staff, especially Alfredo and Alina, were fantastic, and went out of their way to make our stay special! We had the buffet breakfast at Lagoon, which was delicious. It was also great to see that there were some gluten free options available, and the GF muffins were the best I had ever had! (Would love to know the recipe!)
On our final night we ate at V Restaurant, which was a class above the others, truly 5 star service. Although a little more expensive, still quite reasonable, it was worth the experience,
Had a massage at the Spa, and although encountered a small issue, it was quickly recitfied by the staff, who did a great job.
We made a booking for parasailing with team at Adrenalin and they were very helpful.
We spent a lot of time at the pool, and although the weather brought in some storms in the afternoon, we would have stayed in the pool the entire day if we could! A fantastic place to spend time!
The bathroom in our room could use a bit of updating, but still a very usable and functional bathroom, with lovely amenities. We also loved the turndown service every night, which was a real extra!
We got to see some live bands at the hotel and found this to be a real asset to keeping the guests at the hotel, and not venture to the other hotels nearby.
We had a really great, enjoyable, fantastic and relaxing honeymoon, and can't wait to come back in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Fiji Resort and Spa is located on beautiful Denarau Island. This five star Fiji resort overlooks the beachfront, adjacent to the world class Denarau Golf and Racquet Club. Our Fiji beach resort offers 296 rooms, each with a private balcony. Other features at this Fiji luxury resort include a private beach, wedding chapel, swimming pools, three restaurants, four bars, an international health spa, and one of the largest ballroom on the island. A bustling marina and cultural temples are located nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Fiji Resort And Spa
- Sofitel Fiji Hotel Denarau Island
- Sofitel Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Sofitel
- Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa Denarau Island