“Wonderful first time dive”

Whitetip Marine Adventures
Ranked #6 of 21 Tours in Denarau Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Scuba dive trips from Port Denarau Marina, Nadi, Fiji for small groups of certified and non certified divers departing daily for two scuba dives out on the coral reefs and outer reef walls of Fiji's Mamanuca Islands. All scuba dives are led by certified dive masters and instructors with many years experience and they know where to find the really cool stuff to see. Mulitple dive leaders for when varying levels of diver experience on board. Whitetip Marine Adventures is a Scuba Schools International(SSI)affiliated diver training facility, with training courses from Open Water Diver through to Dive Master.
Reviewed July 10, 2014

While on a family holiday in Fiji my wife and I decided to give diving a go; for myself - the first time in many many years, for my wife - the first time ever. We were lucky enough to be guided by Leroy who was patient, supportive, thoroughly professional and an absolute pleasure to deal with. Our first experience was so good that we went on a second dive in even more spectacular waters. Our sincere thanks to Leroy and Andrew and the team at Whitetip.

1  Thank David C
Andrew C, Owner at Whitetip Marine Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Bula David - Like most things in life, there's only one only first time.

And we really enjoy taking couples out for a first time scuba dive experience, for at least one of them. For someone who is a diver or who has dived previously like yourself David, it's really nice to go along and be with your partner when they have their very first dive and experience the pleasure of seeing our amazing underwater world. The shared experience is one not to be missed.

Leroy was very pleased you enjoyed his company and expertise on your dives and we are grateful you chose to dive with us this time, and hopefully again in the future.
Cheers for us all

Reviewed July 9, 2014

When my wife and I started planning our trip to Fiji, diving was foremost on our minds. The first question I guess is why did we choose Whitetip Marine Adventures, well that is easy - it was three points - 1. excellent reviews on trip advisor, 2. an informative website and 3. prompt responses to our emails from Andrew (Whitetip himself).

We had decided that this would be a good opportunity to up skill and so decided to complete deep and wreck diving. I contacted Andrew via email to make all the arrangements ready to start diving on Monday after arriving in Denaru on Saturday. The email stated that we would be picked up at 0830h, all good.

Monday morning 0825h we walk through the reception, and there is Vikash waiting to pick us up (that is a good start - from here it just gets better). Around to the office to be greeted by a wall of smiles, and to pickup Sharon (our instructor) prior to making our way to the boat. Sharon is one very knowledgeable lady, a marine biologist and instructor extraordinaire; she managed to allay my anxiety about entering the wreck and ensured that both my wife and I where always totally comfortable and informed.

We are now at the boat and meeting Simell (Blacktip, Andrews other brother) skipper of Getaway ensuring that we safely arrived at the dive sites and returned daily. and then Vikash returned us to our lodgings to get ready for our next adventure. This was just day 1 and we enjoyed two more that where even better.

In summary Andrew and his team ensured that we would have the experience of a life time, accepting us into the family at Whitetip. If you enjoy diving or maybe you have never tried, but wish to give it a go then contact Andrew at info@whitetipmarineadventures.com.

We will be back

wombatbrett

Bula Brett
Vinaka vaka levu from the whole crazy Whitetip dive family for your extensive and very complimentary review. Is it appreciated, absolutely Brett, and your support for instructor Mom, Sharon is particularly appreciated, she is a gem.

It was a pleasure hosting yourself and Kerrie through your Wreck and Deep diver specialty courses and we hope you both continue to enjoy your diving as much as you did here in Fiji with us. We had a lot of fun and you both had a lot of fun - so come back soon and have some more fun.
Cheers from Whitetip and the crew

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I did my Wreck Diving, Science of Diving and Stress & Rescue Specialty Courses with the Whitetip crew over a ten day period and had a great time with them. It started already several weeks before I arrived, when Andrew – the Decision Maker – conferred with me via eMail on how much I want to spend and what I would like to do in the time I am in Fiji and made me an according offer.

On arrival in Fiji a shuttle from my hostel was provided and all my administration was done swiftly by the office fairy Jane, which handled all transactions and papers in the office.
The diveshop has all new and well-serviced equipment, which is maintained by Vikash and Jason. Vikash also spend some time with me in the workshop, explaining how service was done in general and which small repairs I could do on my own as a diver.

My one on one instructor during this time was Sharon. She is an amazing and experienced SSI instructor, who did not only teach me the stated syllabus but enriched it with her own experience and prepared individual tasks during the practical sessions for me. She is also a marine biologist and provided a lot of background on the local underwater wildlife and dive sites during the briefings and after the dives.

Skipper Simeli with the “Ocean First” brought us safely to our dive sites and back. These are all around the Mamanuca island ground, from the wreck Salamanda, shallow inner reefs to deeper outer reefs. The maximum number of divers on the boat is 4, thereby it was a great experience – no crowds, great ratio from instructors and Divemasters to customer, and a very safe and familiar atmosphere.
Semi - one of the Divemasters - was also a great buddy during my stress and rescue course and shared his knowledge of the local area with me. His specialty is spotting camouflaged octopus by the way.
Beside my own direct experience I could observe how professionally all operations of Whitetip are running. The other instructors Leroy, Elias and Zen as well as the Divemasters Monica, Jacob and William provided a safe and fun experience to divers with different experience levels.

All in all I had an amazing time and did not feel “just as a customer”, but as a friend and part of the Whitetip family. The atmosphere was always friendly, there was a big focus on a safe experience for everyone and I learned a lot about diving and the operation needed around it. Whether you want to just start diving with an intro or open water course, deepen your knowledge with specialty course or go pro with their science of diving or DiveGuide course: Give the Whitetips a call :)

Andrew C, Owner at Whitetip Marine Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Wow Ben!!!!!!!!!
You can come back anytime after such an awesome review of our operation and our crazy team of divers here at Whitetip. I will even make your coffee.

Thank you very much for your sincere support of what we are trying to achieve here in Fiji, and I would like to attribute a significant share of the credit to your self for you having such a good time with us doing your courses. Ben your fantastic attitude and desire to enjoy your courses and diving made our job so easy and you became one of us from day one.

We love our jobs at Whitetip Marine Adventures - we make so many great new friends from all around the World - how cool is that huh?

Reviewed June 2, 2014

After completing my Open Water course on Plantation Island I was keen to get back in the water and continue my scuba adventure once back in Denarau.

I booked 4 dives over 2 days with Whitetip Marine Adventures based on the 100% 5* reviews and glowing comments on tripadvisor and I'm very glad I did.

Andrew and all his staff were amazingly friendly and made me feel right at home.

For my first 2 dives, Dive Instructor Leroy accompanied me. He was extremely professional and provided an excellent dive experience at Salamander Wreck and Golden Patch that was thrilling and exciting while always remaining safe.

The next day I had the pleasure of diving with Monika and Jacob. Monika was very understanding when I blasted through my air supply in 19 minutes in the currents at Tavarua Wall and had to surface early. We then went to Fish Market where Jacob and Monika both provided a fascinating guided tour of the stunning sea life there. Like the day before, Monika and Jacob provided a wonderful and safe dive experience.

I have no hesitation at all recommending anyone looking to dive the Mamanuca group to go see Andrew and his team and they'll take very very good care of you

Andrew C, Owner at Whitetip Marine Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Bula Dan
Great to see your review and thanks very much indeed for your very positive feedback about your diving with Leroy, Monika and Jacob as dive leaders. They're all great to go diving with and I love that they still really enjoy taking visitors to Fiji out to their favourite dive sites.

Hey buddy, you fitted in so easily to our crazy bunch and we really enjoyed taking you out and seeing afew sites you hadn't already been to during your dive course. Come back again soon Dan and we can show you a few more sites and have more good times here in Fiji.

Thanks again and enjoy your diving.
Cheers
Andrew (Whitetip)

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Went diving 2 days in May. Cant fault the whole experience. The whole operation ran smooth and Andrew and the staff were very professional. We were taken to the sites that we wanted to go to (weather conditions may alter this of course). All the equipment is good quality, and I cant think of one thing that I can be critical about. Thanks for the dives.

Bula bula and thanks very much for your wonderful review Thumper151, it's very much appreciated that you took the time to let us know your thoughts.

It's easy for us to think we have everything right, but it's reviews from our diving buddies such as yourself and others that we use to provide honest guidance as to how our operation is performing overall.

Really appreciate your feedback and hope we get to see you back here in Fiji again soon.
Cheers from Whitetip and crazy crew