“Breathtaking views!” 5 of 5 bubbles

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Breathtaking views!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Fanastic way to see lots of beautiful islands cheaply. You can stop off and get picked up on the way back if you want a couple of hours sunning yourself or snorkeling on an island but be sure to check they stop on the way back & what time.

Visited February 2012

Sydney, Australia
89 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“An efficient service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

This service is run like an airline. Bags are tagged and transferred sometimes separately to the passengers (depending on the quantity loading/unloading). They must have trained the resorts to be on time/anticipate their arrival as they are very strict. It is a business catering mostly for the Tourist market but also supplies a lifeline for the Yasawas. It is managed by expatriots and has just recently taken over South Sea Cruises. It is pricey when you think in Fijian terms but it is there largely for tourists and is run to Western standards. To catch a ferry in the UK across the channel costs 50 pounds (Dover to Calais - 1.5hrs). Price includes pickup and drop off to your accommodation with their bus - I imagine this is within a defined radius of Port Denarau. They picked us up at the airport hotel "Ridges Gateway" but there were already people on board - it was coming from Lautoka.

During the trip they play movies. Internal and external seating is available. Toilets were clean and in good order. Upstairs is the Captains Lounge. We did not pay for this and cannot comment. We were perfectly happy with the downstairs lounge, which has a kiosk with several snacks including sandwiches, ice creams (which were not melted), cold drinks including beer.

It is a lovely cruise through the islands, stopping at many along the way, so you get a good look. I enjoyed the process of getting there almost as much as being there.

Make sure you bring two printed copies of your travel voucher (one to be accessed for the trip out and one for return) or you may be charged again. Paperwork still seems to be manual.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank juelsM
Colchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

my bags were over the weight limit so i had to get a couple of boxes to have stuff put in their I was charged $14 for the two extra boxes but found out later I should've only be charged $10 ie $5 per box. As i was in a hurry i didn't get a receipt or would've gone to complain later on. The travel charges are too expensive and what we paid was not consistent. As my husband was a villager they charged us village rate on our first travel, then the next two times we was charged local rate and then village rate. Although we are fijian in appearance and my husband spoke fijian we were requested local id to proof at least 3 times. Had i known there were cheaper options to travel to and from the yasawas I would've opted for them. One of the back packer hotels (coral view) has a passenger boat going to Lautoka.

Visited August 2012
BrizVegas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Safe, reliable and good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We (travel party of Mum/Dad and 3 children ages 5,4,1) just used the Yasawa Flyer to go from Denarau Marina to the Yasawa Islands (Octopus Resort) return. (the trip cost approx AUD400 total). Octopus Resort arranged the actual transfer but it was very smooth and all arrangements were confirmed on email prior to us commencing our travel. On the day of travel on the Yasawa Flyer we were picked up promptly by a modern air-conditioned coach from the foyer of our hotel (8am) – Sofitel and transferred to Denarau Marine and upon return we again were transferred to our hotel (raffles gateway - arrived at Raffles around 7pm). (these transfers do not cost extra they are included in your ticket price – they drop off and pick up all over nadi and actual pickup times would vary depending on your location I guess) I felt totally safe with the children. The staff were prompt (no fiji time happening here), efficient and very helpful. The boat seemed well maintained, clean and comfortable – just like any other high speed modern catamaran I have travelled on in Australia. There is a small food outlet, toilets and travel booking service on board. Luggage handlers were great… no specific limit on luggage – well so it seemed – we had cartons of water, multitude of bags, hiking equipment, beach gear etc etc. If you have small children I would definitely recommend you use the Yasawa Flyer over the smaller resort boats - I know I would not have felt comfortable holding our 1 year old for 1.5 hours on the smaller Octopus Boat – we met one family who did this as they thought the smaller octopus boat was the only way to get to the resort…they said it was an awful ordeal (only because they had to juggle 2 toddlers on small boat). Transferring onto the Yasawa Flyer at Denarau Marina is easy – Denarau is a modern marina so boat is docked at jetty and you have modern gangways to push prams etc onto. But you should know that when the Yasawa Flyer arrives at each island it stops a few hundred metres (in the deep water) from the shoreline…the little resort boat zips over to the yasawa flyer and loads you and your luggage onto the resort boat. I carried our 1 year old in my arms and I stepped from one boat to another and although slightly anxious it was no problem doing. I specifically mention this transfer in the ocean once you get to your island resort as it may be an issue for people with poor mobility. As I mentioned the Yasawa Flyer staff are great and really willing to help – so if you have poor mobility you could still probably work around it but it would require being manhandled to get from the yasawa flyer onto the resort boat. Finally, just a small left field point…be warned they do not sell sea sick tablets on board the Yasawa Flyer so if you think you may need these buy beforehand. Thankfully our travels were smooth and all children (& me) had an enjoyable trip.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank JackieBrizVegas
Port Stephens, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Awesome Adventures / Yasawa Flyer are the BEST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

The staff are absolutely fantastic and extremely helpful when we were transporting 25 boxes of donated books and educational materials to Octopus Resort via the Awesome Adventures catamaran service from Denarau Marina on 10 August 2012. Many sincere thanks to everyone to all the staff and especially Elenoa Taukei who went out of her way to kindly help us make a project a success. God Bless Elenoa and all the staff who make it possible.

Visited August 2012