Hotels.com
Prestigia.com
3,390 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 20, 2019

Paid >$1500 for a suite for the final night of our honeymoon. Mistake. Big. Huge.

Rooms are dated and not up to average standard, let alone upmarket standards. I've seen nicer bathrooms in community/public pools.

Air conditioning didn't work properly (nor did the switches for one of the ceiling fans) -- leaving the room hot and stuffy all day and night (despite being on max the entire time).

Terrible service. I had an email stating my room was prepaid (showed it to the staff member), but they made me sit and look through my credit card statements looking for charges. Staff member was unapologetic -- even though it was clearly the hotel's fault. Host of other service issues during our stay -- room service delivered food that had spilled out of the bowls and all over the trays, wake-up call we requested never arrived... The only redeeming feature was the porters -- they were very friendly and helpful.

No in-room movies -- they tell you to use Netflix on the TV, but their wifi isn't good enough to support streaming of movies on Netflix.

I shared my negative experience with the team at check-out and in the hotel's follow-up survey. The hotel manager sent me a form letter response -- no attempt whatsoever to try to make it right.

Deeply disappointing from start to finish.

Room tip: Choose a different hotel
3  Thank Dreamer820366
Reviewed September 19, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night before flying back to Melbourne as a special treat on our last night in Fiji. We were disappointed as we were expecting 5 star treatment. The room was good but the noise from the room above us could be heard through the ceiling. We attended the 5 star restaurant for a special evening meal and were provided with the ‘specials’ of lobster or whole snapper. However when we ordered both these dishes, we were told that they were no lobsters or whole fish left even though we counted only 14 people in the restaurant. Very poor as we were keen to have a special meal and ended up having pasta! Also we booked into to have a 30 massage at the on site Day Spa and could only have these are different times which was ok. However during my massage, the masseur’s phone went off and I could tell she was looking at her phone as my massage virtually stopped while she was texting/reading messages, very disappointing service. Interesting though that most of the resort staff kept asking us to provide them with a good review on Trip Advisor which we would have been happy to do if they had spent less time asking us to give them a good review, very annoying.
Overall, not a bad place to stay but if you’re expecting 5 star service and value for money then I would go somewhere else.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank kaddison3
Foziana, Manager at The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa, Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2019

Dear Kaddison,
Thank you for your review! We appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to share your feedback. We are pleased to hear that your room was good although the noise from the room above could be heard.
We are sorry to hear that your special evening meal at one of our restaurants as well as your massage at the Spa did not meet your expectations. Our guests are normally very pleased with our Heavenly Spa experience, the warmth of our associates, our facilities and the culinary delights of our kitchen team. Be rest assured your comments will be shared with the wider team for immediate redress as we drive continuous improvements to enhance our guests stay. Kaddison, we look forward to welcoming you again to the Resort in the hope of providing you with a more memorable experience.

Reviewed September 19, 2019 via mobile

The best team I’ve met in my life! The most warm and welcoming people in the world, as in general the people in Fiji, they offered me an upgrade and the room was of another galaxy!.. the food is excellent, the staff is extremely friendly, I felt like in home or better!.. the amenities are superb, I think is the best hotel I’ve ever stayed in my life..

Trip type: Traveled solo

Bula Vinaka carlino25,
Thank you for your loyalty to Fiji and our resort. We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us. Our associates are delighted to hear from you. We hope to welcome you back home in the near future.

Reviewed September 17, 2019 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed for 5 nights here and we loved it! The staff is SUPER friendly ALWAYS greeting us with smiles and asking if we needed anything. We also loved how accommodating this hotel was for children and were so sad (but at the same time needed the break!) we went on this trip without our son. We vowed to come back again one day with him and any future siblings. I loved that we were able to roam around the hotel grounds and use all amenities with no issues because our flight had flew in before check in at 5AM and we our flight home left way after check out at 10PM. We were able to use the showers in the spa and adult pool area which made us feel so much more comfortable when we got there and right before we left being that the tropical humidity had us constantly sweating. I also ended up forgetting my cellphone in one of the cabs and when I realized it once I got to the hotel, the staff helped me track down the cab we took and had another cab come right away to bring us to get my phone. It seemed to me that all the resorts staff that helped greet and monitor the entrance knew the cab drivers by name and that made me feel very secure knowing they could find anyone for us to pick us up that we had previously rode with. I also loved that the staff that greeted and monitored the entrance watched over our stuff 24/7 before we got our room and when we had to check out early. I wish I could have gotten all the staff names that helped us because everyone was seriously just sooo accommodating and made our vacation so awesome! I do remember by name Semi whom checked us in and also helped with checking us out which was a coincidence but at the same time memorable because he welcomed us and saw us off, Moises (the one pictured) whom gave me a fresh coconut that I had been searching for, for almost 3 days on the house (and you would think they are EVERYWHERE being that there are a bajillion coconut trees on the island!). The only things that were a bit of a bummer were that the meals were a bit expensive at the resort and when we ordered food it took quite awhile to be served/delivered to our room. However I do understand this is a more expensive resort and good food takes time to make and ultimately, it was still worth it. We did figure out the 3rd day we were there to go eat at the port which is very close by for more options on food and more reasonable prices. Also, on the last day we were there, we finally figured we could have saved money by taking the Bula Bus which you purchase a pass for $7 and can use it all day to ride back and forth to the port as well as the other resorts in the Denarau area. We kept taking cabs and it would cost about $7 each way because we didn’t want to wait for the Bula Bus but to be able to save money for other activities we should have been more patient on the bus. Anyhow, this holiday was the most memorable one we’ve had to date and we cannot wait to return again with our little ones!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Bula sawruhzz,
Thank you for choosing our resort for your special trip. We appreciate your detailed feedback on the positives and the areas to improve. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us especially the coconuts. Semi was thrilled to hear from you and sends his best wishes. We can't wait to see you back, this time with your adorable son.

Reviewed September 13, 2019

The most wonderful place to relax and unwind, do as little or as much as you want,wonderful buffet breakfast that would please everyone: the most amazing views from your verandah, great rooms with the most comfortable beds you can ever sleep in!beautiful pools, incredible staff , great restaurants,a little expensive but lots of other restaurants near buy this was our fourth trip to the western ,have tried other resorts . Will always return to the western.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank hearts02

Bula hearts02,
We absolutely love to hear feedback from our guests and thank you for your positive comments. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and we would love to host you on your next trip to Fiji and the resort.
Thank you for your loyalty.