Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Sarah L
Hayward, California
Best holiday yet!
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 17, 2019via mobile
Me and my boyfriend stayed for 5 nights here and we loved it! The staff is SUPER friendly ALWAYS greeting us with smiles and asking if we needed anything. We also loved how accommodating this hotel was for children and were so sad (but at the same time needed the break!) we went on this trip without our son. We vowed to come back again one day with him and any future siblings. I loved that we were able to roam around the hotel grounds and use all amenities with no issues because our flight had flew in before check in at 5AM and we our flight home left way after check out at 10PM. We were able to use the showers in the spa and adult pool area which made us feel so much more comfortable when we got there and right before we left being that the tropical humidity had us constantly sweating. I also ended up forgetting my cellphone in one of the cabs and when I realized it once I got to the hotel, the staff helped me track down the cab we took and had another cab come right away to bring us to get my phone. It seemed to me that all the resorts staff that helped greet and monitor the entrance knew the cab drivers by name and that made me feel very secure knowing they could find anyone for us to pick us up that we had previously rode with. I also loved that the staff that greeted and monitored the entrance watched over our stuff 24/7 before we got our room and when we had to check out early. I wish I could have gotten all the staff names that helped us because everyone was seriously just sooo accommodating and made our vacation so awesome! I do remember by name Semi whom checked us in and also helped with checking us out which was a coincidence but at the same time memorable because he welcomed us and saw us off, Moises (the one pictured) whom gave me a fresh coconut that I had been searching for, for almost 3 days on the house (and you would think they are EVERYWHERE being that there are a bajillion coconut trees on the island!). The only things that were a bit of a bummer were that the meals were a bit expensive at the resort and when we ordered food it took quite awhile to be served/delivered to our room. However I do understand this is a more expensive resort and good food takes time to make and ultimately, it was still worth it. We did figure out the 3rd day we were there to go eat at the port which is very close by for more options on food and more reasonable prices. Also, on the last day we were there, we finally figured we could have saved money by taking the Bula Bus which you purchase a pass for $7 and can use it all day to ride back and forth to the port as well as the other resorts in the Denarau area. We kept taking cabs and it would cost about $7 each way because we didn’t want to wait for the Bula Bus but to be able to save money for other activities we should have been more patient on the bus. Anyhow, this holiday was the most memorable one we’ve had to date and we cannot wait to return again with our little ones!
$252
2.8 miles from The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa, Fiji
Pool
View more hotels in Denarau Island
3,390 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 13, 2019

The most wonderful place to relax and unwind, do as little or as much as you want,wonderful buffet breakfast that would please everyone: the most amazing views from your verandah, great rooms with the most comfortable beds you can ever sleep in!beautiful pools, incredible staff , great restaurants,a little expensive but lots of other restaurants near buy this was our fourth trip to the western ,have tried other resorts . Will always return to the western.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank hearts02
Foziana, Manager at The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa, Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2019

Bula hearts02,
We absolutely love to hear feedback from our guests and thank you for your positive comments. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and we would love to host you on your next trip to Fiji and the resort.
Thank you for your loyalty.
Warm Regards,
Foziana

Reviewed September 12, 2019

We celebrated a 'significant zero' birthday for my wife by taking the kids and grandkids to the Westin, Fiji for a week. Great package deal through Ignite Travel, with kids eating free, and various perks including $1,000 credit per room at the hotel.
The Westin is a quality resort, a little worn in places, but definitely friendly and comfortable. It shares facilities with the Sheraton next door, so there's a good range of activities and features to enjoy. There is a small beach, but swimming is best in one of the many pools on offer, including an adults only section which is serene.
Breakfast is included and is a splendid spread of everything you could imagine. There are several eating options for dinner, mostly mid-priced and not very ambitious in range, but the Port area is just a short walk away for more options and a change of scene. One thing to mention is to be patient with service - things do move slower in Fiji, so chill out and be prepared to wait a bit for food and drinks to arrive. That said, the kids meals were always served promptly.
The rooms are showing their age a bit, but are perfectly fine with modern bathrooms and well appointed. Our bed was a little soft for our taste.
Suggest try a couple of excursions which can be easily arranged through the desk, Malamala Beach club is well worth a day visit. Try the EcoTrax experience too, it's fantastic.
A huge benefit of staying on Denarau Island is its proximity to Nadi airport, just 20 mins away.

Room tip: Request an ocean view room, and if noise bothers you, ask for a room away from guests with children. Sound does travel easily between rooms.
Reviewed September 11, 2019

We stayed for 2 nights at the end of our holiday in Fiji. I was more worried about the other hotels we stayed in, but I sadly the Westin was the worst place even though is was so much more expensive than the others. After being bitten by mosquitos in the lobby, finding more in our room, waiting ages for an adapter (so we could plug in our insect repellent) we did enjoy some time by the pool. We walked to the port area and enjoyed shopping and had dinner. On return to our room the noise from the room next door was so loud we called and after 4 telephones calls something was done. However the next night it was the same. There is no sound proofing in the rooms...you can hear everything so if you are a light sleeper forget getting a good night's sleep. The staff in the shop called Jack's were very nice. Not so for others...the older man giving out pool towels was so rude to us. I would never stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank ginza-angel
Foziana, Manager at The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa, Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2019

Bula Janet K,

Thank you for taking time out to provide us with your feedback.Please accept my sincere apologies that we failed to meet your expectations, you have highlighted a definite opportunities for us to review with our detail of training to ensure we offer a high level of service especially when handling guest concerns and request.

Please note that we are planning on an entire property refresh at some point in the near future which will take care of the noise issue.
Once again my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and we hope you have had a safe and enjoyable onward journey.

Vinaka

Reviewed September 11, 2019 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights with breakfast included. Our room was large and comfortable. Staff were all, without exception really friendly and helpful. Resort was large but didn’t feel overcrowded during the day, pool area was well planned even if the water was a bit too cold for my liking. Buffet breakfast was as you’d expect with the nice inclusion of champagne. The fact that you are able to use the facilities of the nearby hotels was great.

Just a couple of gripes that let the hotel down. Rooms were beginning to show their age and a little tired. Some of the restaurants seemed very overpriced for what I would consider average food and the price of Australian wine! I realise it’s imported and a profit needs to be had, but come on guys!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kaz B
Reviewed September 9, 2019

We stayed there last Xmas and it was great - the place was well kept and clean - food choices were excellent - staff very friendly and helpful
Kids had a great time but could of had a few more activities for them and if there was we knew nothing about it
Would defiantly go there again

Date of stay: December 2018