The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa Fiji
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sheraton Denarau Villas(Denarau Island)
  • Beachfront
Sheraton Fiji Resort(Denarau Island)
  • Pool
The Terraces Apartments(Denarau Island)
  • Breakfast included
2,755 results
All reviewsocean frontmeke loungeheavenly bedzing restaurantheavenly spabula busoceanfront roomgolf clubbuffet breakfastour honeymoonplunge poolfood and drinksgolf courserelaxing holidayground floortour deskcoral coast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed here on our last night in Fiji before catching a flight home. The welcome from the staff was great as soon as you hopped out of the car, lots of people there to help. The check in process takes a while and they give you a heap of information all at once but what didn't quite work was how to get our bags from the entrance to our room. Waited a while and then worked out we needed to go back down and organise this which was a bit clunky but no big deal. Lots of choices or food amongst the 3 resorts and our early check out was simple and painless. We would have loved to stay a couple more days and explore a bit more...maybe next time

Room Tip: The beach front rooms are nicely done with ample room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra G
RavinderSDhesi, Hotel Manager at The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Bula Vinaka Sandra

We are delighted to have positively impressed you with our service and facilities. We hope to welcome you back for a longer stay next time. My apologies for the missing information and we will address this with our check in team. Indeed, being part of Starwoods 3 resorts does allow for our guests to be spoilt with choices.
Be Well.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here twice on our trip to Fiji. One night before catching the Yasawa Flyer and one night before flying home. Staff were very helpful and friendly throughout our stay. The rooms were comfortable and clean (although a little noisy). Breakfast was great. Nothing to complain about.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Jenjen90
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We should stay on this hotel for 5 nights for our anniversary trip, because of flight delay, we lost a day. We arrive at 6.30am next day, and wait for 15-20 minutes for check in, and no one come to talk to us for these 20 minutes. We understand, as there are two staff are checking in two others guests. We just need be a bit patience, even thought we are extremely tired to wait in airport NZ for 10 hours. Once is our turn, the lady is very friendly, and knew we have in anniversary trip, she said she will arrange a sparkling wine for welcome gift, but this never happen during we stay. The 2nd issue, we have booked for a King side room, is also no available. The lady said she will try if she could find another room to swap with us later that afternoon or next day. In the late afternoon, we back to reception, talk to one of the gentlemen asking possibility to swap a room as the lady early mention about it, he said it is not possible as the hotel fully booked until end of the week...blur..blur.. Alright, inside my heart, I am thinking my trip totally ruin out because of stay here. The next day, that lady left us a note, say she can swap a room for us. Goodness, that's was a happiest moment for these past two days.
In our anniversary day, we went for a couples massage, no special discount (the lady do the check in said can give us a discount, but I can't find her any way, ask other stuff, they say no possible). All good, we wont mind to pay full price on this. This is first time we went for this massage and spa, the lady bring us to the change room, didn't tell us how to use the bathroom facility and where is the steam room. I wish to find someone to ask a question, but I can't find anyone near that area. As I have changed my clothes, I don't want to walk all the way back to reception to ask a stupid question where is the steam room, and where could I adjust the water pressure. Other than above list, I still very enjoy to stay in Westin. But I wont stay here again if there is a special occasion.

Room Tip: If you go for special occasion, better called them to double check the room you requested are confirm.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christy C

Bula Christy C
Thank you for your detailed feedback. Indeed your delayed flight did cause some service issues especially with early morning check in. We could have definitely handled the situation better and please accept my apologies for this inconvenience. Running a full house did pose some challenges in meeting your bedding requirements and this was rectified as soon as possible. I have escalated the spa issues to our spa manager for retraining of our staff.
We appreciate your loyalty to Westin and look forward to welcoming you for your next visit and exceeding your expectations.
Be Well

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

The staff at the westin are fantastic, always willing to help and so friendly. We have stayed in Fiji twice before and were expecting slow service and not so friendly staff we had out at the islands, but the Westin was fantastic, the staff were always quick & weren't on 'island time' like the other places. It felt like a home away from home & I didn't want to leave. Vinaka =)

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Familyholiday01

Bula Vinaka Familyholiday01
Indeed our staff are our greatest assets and we appreciate your recognition of our team. We do strive to exceed our guests' expectations and great to see you experienced the difference in our service levels.
Look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay.
Warm regards

Reviewed August 15, 2013

A number of mishaps during my stay for a work conference. Cold water throughout my stay, a terrible spa experience (won't go into too much detail as I was provided with a comp), but worst of all after check out my luggage was incorrectly loaded into a taxi transfer that was not mine. So my bag went missing and made its way to the airport without me! There was 30 minutes where no one had any idea where it had gone and there was no apology given when the error was discovered. Very poor experience!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Bula Greencake
Thank you for your feedback. My sincere apologies for failing to meet your expectations during your recent stay. In regards to your luggage, our over enthusiastic porter assumed you were travelling with your fellow delegates and loaded your luggage with the group as well - my sincere apologies for the inconvenience. The porter has been disciplined for failing to follow standard procedures including asking guests to identify their luggage. I have sent a private message to seek additional information on your spa treatment as this will allow us to revisit the service shortfalls.
We do hope your overall experience in Fiji was positive.
Warm regards