My wife and I made our third annual visit to The Westin in March 2013. Many people say "äre you going back to Fiji. again!". They have obviously never been there. The big cyclone had hit in December and the Westin had only re-opened a few weeks before our stay. It only had about 30% of its rooms in service but all recreational services (except water sports) were fully operational. Their boat shed had Gone with the Wind! The Sheraton just up the road did have water sports available though. A new positive was the coffee shop/light snack shop near the foyer. Beverages and food very reasonable for a quick lunch/afternoon snack. Staff pleasant,food good and it was airconditioned. It was formally a bar that nobody used. Something that is now missing is the free boat trip across to the nearbye island for snorkelling,swimming,bush walking etc.Whilst we were there it was taken over by a contractor who now charges about $120- FJ for a day trip that includes lunch, alcohol and some activities on the island. We didn't talk to anyone who did it so we cannot comment on value-but it does seem expensive seeing it was free up to March 2013.The Westins cultural night is well worth the cost-stunning! As is the many comments on Tripadvisor, the food prices at the resorts are high and you have to watch the 20% tax. The 10 minute Bula Bus ride to the port($7-FJ for all day unlimited trips circling all resorts/port) is well worth it to enjoy all the restaurants at half the price. The local taxi price has risen from $5- to $7- so it makes the unlimited Bula Bus pass more attractive although many of the Taxi drivers are now struggling. We booked through MyFiji travel again and the package included 3 days on a blue lagoon cruise-just as perfect as last year. The Westin put as up for the first night (Complimentary presidential suite-thank you) and then the final 7 nights in a Ocean front room. Perfect. We also got discount packages from MyFiji which included a $95-FJ hour long full body massage at the port-absolutely incredible-we went back again and still got the big discount! This compares to about double that price at the Westin. We will be back next year March,staying at the Westin,doing the day trips with Tour Managers (thanks Ryan for a very special cultural tour) or Rosies Tours. These companies will take you to see the REAL Fiji that some people say is not Denarue Island then bring you back to the Westin to relax. My only suggestion to the Westin is that if you are paying the same wages as the staff at Port Denarue, you are not paying rent as the restaurants/shops/day spa at the Port do, then why are your prices so high? Your beautiful resort is missing out on considerable income. I have an old saying. 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing. See you next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa beautifully reflects Fiji's rich cultural heritage and local style. Offering the finest resort facilities including 246 guestrooms and suites and the award winning Heavenly Spa by Westin, it is a simply stunning resort for your next holiday in the South Pacific. Stay in 1, play in all 3: directly adjacent to The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa are the Sheraton Fiji Resort and the Sheraton Denarau Villas. Within the shared complex, guests can enjoy all facilities including the 14 dining venues, 6 swimming pools and the Denarau Golf and Racquet Club. Starwood Preferred Guest(R) Members receive complimentary in room internet and special dining discounts when booking direct. Book direct today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Denarau Island Resort And Spa Fiji
- The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa Fiji Hotel Denarau Island
- Westin Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Westin