When something goes amiss for you at a good quality hotel, you expect help, assistance and if at all possible, a solution to whatever has gone wrong. When service goes above and beyond... WAY above and beyond what you could have expected, then it elevates your opinion of that establishment more than a great pool or a quality restaurant could. It leaves you with a lifelong regard that seeks out a place in your heart and puts down roots there. If this all sounds a little overly romantic or a touch OTT... perhaps, but such is the sentiment I am compelled to express for the staff at the Westin Fiji. here's why...
During a late afternoon game of beach volleyball at the resort, I noticed my wedding band had come off and was immediately upset at its disappearance. The game stopped as both players and onlookers began a search through the sand. We were joined by other guests from the adjacent pool area, along with my very pregnant wife who spent long enough on her hands and knees in the sand for me to become hugely embarrassed at the effort she and all others were putting into finding my ring. As the hours wore on and the light faded, helpful guests understandably drifted away, but resort staff remained until the light was insufficient to continue. The following morning on my way to breakfast, I was astonished to see resort staff already back at the court searching the sand. By now they had obtained a hand-held metal detector and were combing every inch of the court and its immediate surrounds. Senior management arrived on scene and reorganised the search party, bringing a fresh impetus and yet more staff... soon there was a small army of helpers and I felt incredibly supported in my anxious quest to be reunited with my year old wedding band. Finally, amidst whoops of joy and a chorus of delight that echoed around the resort, my ring was found and my gratitude showered upon all who had given up so much of their time in the quest for the ring. Under they circumstances, I would have expected a cursory or. Reasonable attempt at finding the ring from staff, but the small army that arrived and stayed until it was found, in good spirits and with very real concern for my distress, went way above and beyond what I could ever have expected. Thanks to again to all who helped and we will see you all again one day. We went on to stay at the Hilton for four days straight after this and I have to say that the Westin was our favourite by far on almost every criteria... But not least the amazing staff there!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa beautifully reflects Fiji's rich cultural heritage and local style. Offering the finest resort facilities including 243 guestrooms and suites and the award winning Heavenly Spa by Westin, it is a simply stunning resort for your next holiday in the South Pacific. Stay in 1, play in all 3: directly adjacent to The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa are the Sheraton Fiji Resort and the Sheraton Denarau Villas. Within the shared complex, guests can enjoy all facilities including the 14 dining venues, 6 swimming pool and the Denarau Golf and Racquet Club. Starwood Preferred Guest(R) Members receive complimentary in room internet and special dining discounts when booking direct. Book direct today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa Fiji Hotel Denarau Island
- The Westin Denarau Island Resort And Spa Fiji
- Westin Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Westin