We stayed here for 5 nights in a refurbished garden view room. Good size room with comfortable beds, very quiet and not too far from the reception. No problems with noisy neighbours like other reviewers have commented on.
We received a 15% discount voucher the night of check-in which we used at Moo Moos. This helped in bringing the cost down as we found it quite an expensive restaurant though the meal was delicious and service was good.
We also ate at Zing during our stay but apart from the daily breakfast also at Zing we ate most of our other meals at Port Denarau which gave us more choice and was a little cheaper.
Thanks to the suggestion of other reviewers we took a taxi to/from Port Denarau and also walked it once (15 mins) as the taxi at $FJD5 was cheaper for our family of 3 than the Bula Bus. We did find the ice cream expensive no matter where we went it was $FJD9.40 for one scoop! Port Denarau was buzzing and had a really good atmosphere especially when the ferries and Captain Cook Cruises were in port. One day the P& O Pacific Jewell moored just off land (great views from the Westin) and tendered into port. Live bands provided another reason to visit the port. Overall a great stay and enjoyed the ability to "pool hop" to the other resorts. We mostly spent time at the Sheraton Villas pool as less busy than both the Westin and Sheraton pools. Would have tried the spa but very expensive as prices listed were 'exclusive to 20% VAT and 5% tax and 10% public holiday surcharge' But this didn't seem to perturb others as heard they were booked out on some days!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa beautifully reflects Fiji's rich cultural heritage and local style. Offering the finest resort facilities including 243 guestrooms and suites and the award winning Heavenly Spa by Westin, it is a simply stunning resort for your next holiday in the South Pacific. Stay in 1, play in all 3: directly adjacent to The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa are the Sheraton Fiji Resort and the Sheraton Denarau Villas. Within the shared complex, guests can enjoy all facilities including the 14 dining venues, 6 swimming pool and the Denarau Golf and Racquet Club. Starwood Preferred Guest(R) Members receive complimentary in room internet and special dining discounts when booking direct. Book direct today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Starwood APAC, Priceline, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Denarau Island Resort And Spa Fiji
- The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa Fiji Hotel Denarau Island
- Westin Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Westin