I was nervous about staying at the Westin having read some of the reviews on tripadvisor. With a fussy wife and teenagers who are fantastic critics, I have to say our family really enjoyed the stay. Our room was refurbished, big and clean and the bedding very good. The Bathroom was good and the ocean views were fine (we stayed in rooms 2105/2107). Our room was ready on arrival albeit we got to the hotel at 7pm, the staff friendly and we found the dining to have plenty of options and normal hotel/restaurant prices. The pool is excellent and the activities are there if you want them. The live fijian music during the day, acoustic ballads at the pool bar in the evenng and the serenades at the restaurants and the nightly fijian dance and firelighting show are hard not to be captivated by.
I stay in plenty of 5 star accommodation as I travel regularly for work. Ok so there is no spa bath in the room, or sunken TV in the wall of the bathroom etc. However you are in Fiji and unless you are being overcharged this hotel is good value.
I walked and ate at the Sheraton hotel and villas and the Sofitel who are alongside and after seeing these the Westin's resort feel was my preference. It has better dining options and by any account a much better pool and bar area.
Now if really want 5 star the intercontinental looks the best but it also has the price with it, if you want the really white sandy beaches go to an island, none of the mainland hotels excel at this, if you want really cheap food go to Bali or Thailand and deal with everything that comes with this. If you want friendly people, plenty of blue water and sky's, somewhere to relax and not having to worry about anything other than the sunscreen, where to sit by the pool and what thongs to wear to dinner you are in the right place. I do feel awkward for those who got bad rooms or unrefurbished, however I also think if you are going with good spirits, and not looking for the worst of situations, you will get a good time in a good place that will keep you entertained and relaxed.
3 tips: join the Starwood preferred program it costs nothing before you go as you get better rooms allocated; checkout port denerau restaurants (an easy $3aud cab ride) when you want to escape the hotel; make use of the happy hours at 5-630pm and again at 9pm for half price cocktails and drinks (if only you need an excuse).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa beautifully reflects Fiji's rich cultural heritage and local style. Offering the finest resort facilities including 243 guestrooms and suites and the award winning Heavenly Spa by Westin, it is a simply stunning resort for your next holiday in the South Pacific. Stay in 1, play in all 3: directly adjacent to The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa are the Sheraton Fiji Resort and the Sheraton Denarau Villas. Within the shared complex, guests can enjoy all facilities including the 14 dining venues, 6 swimming pool and the Denarau Golf and Racquet Club. Starwood Preferred Guest(R) Members receive complimentary in room internet and special dining discounts when booking direct. Book direct today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Starwood APAC, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Denarau Island Resort And Spa Fiji
- The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa Fiji Hotel Denarau Island
- Westin Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Westin