I read all the reviews on trip advisor before we left and although they were reasonably positive there were enough negatives to make me a little apprehensive. We stayed there for one night (travelling with another couple who had stayed there before) before we headed out on a 4 night cruise, then back for another 5 nights.
First day, arrived very early on the overnight flight from Melbourne. Not only did they upgrade us from an Ocean Front room to an Ocean studio, we were in our rooms by 8.30am. We also got a 50% discount for the evening buffet meal (which we all thoroughly enjoyed). When we returned after our nights away, once more into our rooms long before official check-in time. Into our booked rooms this time (Ocean Front) not quite as large as the Ocean Studio, but beautifully appointed, very clean and well maintained, and very comfortable. I've read the gripes about the food prices, but really thought they were on a par with typical resort prices. We got the 50% cheaper offer on the seafood buffet on our next check in - and that was fabulous. The marina was a short walk/ bus ride away anyway, and there was also the little coffee place just outside the entrance. Don't recommend the Bula tour of Suva, clapped out bus, (the four of us cost $460FJD in total) and later found out from a taxi driver he would have taken us in an airconditioned cab - stopped where we would have liked etc for $300FJD - oh well next time. That by the way was Coral Sun tours (tour desk in the hotel) so do talk to some of the taxi drivers first. All in all, had a great time - did our own thing. We might try the Sheraton Villas next time so we have the option of the kitchen (seafood amazingly cheap at the Marina supermarket) but no complaints whatsoever about the main hotel, and the very friendly, always obliging staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Fiji Resort is stunningly situated in the tropical oasis of Denarau Island. Designed with comfort in mind, the 297 spacious guest rooms and suites are beautifully furnished in harmony with the idyllic South Pacific setting. The resort is the ideal playground for vacationers and families to experience an array of dining venues and leisure activities. With its close proximity to Denarau Marina, it has an easy and quick access to the beautiful outer islands, shopping and a vast range of dining experiences. The resort is the ideal backdrop for an unforgettable destination wedding in Fiji or a corporate style event. Starwood Preferred Guest(R) Members receive complimentary in room internet when booking direct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Fiji Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Fiji Hotel Denarau Island
- Sheraton Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Sheraton
- Sheraton Fiji Resort Denarau Island