With newly renovated rooms the Sofitel Fiji Resort is a great place to enjoy some R&R.
The resort overall is beutifull and very stylishly decorated. The lobby, restaurants and pool and gardens are all very well laid out and appealing. It is extremlly large though with lots of rooms-thus lots of guests, which can leave a bit of chaotic feel around the pool-with not enough lounges to go around.
I stayed in a Ocean Breeze Room-and found it had HEAPS of room for two, including a little seating couch, two cupboards/places for bags and a great big bathroom (no bath but two basins). The value for money for the room-was very good including the buffet breakfast-which was great (egg bar, all the expected american favs, plus fresh pancake bar, breakfast pizza's and delish pastries!).
However prices and venue-and at times the service let this hotel down. Prices for food and drinks-is expensive because of the 17% Tax. Drinks in general are quite expensive as well as lunch prices. There are lots of family deals-but not couple deals. Save your Bula Bus tickets-for 10% off on all food and save a little. However-make sure you try the Flying Fish Restaurant-best food on the whole island! One option to save money is to take a Taxi ($5 each way-cheaper than the Bula Bus) to the Port-and eat here-but chose carefully-do not go to Indigo-or the Italian place-the Pizza place is delish and cheap too!
Service at the Hotel also lacks. Despite smiles from some staff, some seem to "working for the man" and perhaps lost in a sea of many employees working for a large firm-therefore don't go out of there way for just another guest...you're not made to feel special or remembered. It was dissapointing that some guests received 'good bye songs" on their last day-but others didn't.
The location is also not great. The benefit of staying in Denarua is that you don't need to travel onwards and make connecting flights-but if your coming to Fiji to swim in the Ocean-don't chose this location, the sand is dirty and black and the sea is anything but the crystal clear waters of postcards.
This is a great resort for families with kids-as the Kids Clubs seems to be a favorite, or perhaps those who get a great deal on flights and accomdation-just be prepared for the prices as once you're there you're stuck in a resort trap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Fiji Resort is stunningly situated in the tropical oasis of Denarau Island. Designed with comfort in mind, the 297 spacious guest rooms and suites are beautifully furnished in harmony with the idyllic South Pacific setting. The resort is the ideal playground for vacationers and families to experience an array of dining venues and leisure activities. With its close proximity to Denarau Marina, it has an easy and quick access to the beautiful outer islands, shopping and a vast range of dining experiences. The resort is the ideal backdrop for an unforgettable destination wedding in Fiji or a corporate style event. Starwood Preferred Guest(R) Members receive complimentary in room internet when booking direct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Fiji Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Fiji Hotel Denarau Island
- Sheraton Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Sheraton
- Sheraton Fiji Resort Denarau Island