Sheraton Fiji Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sheraton Denarau Villas(Denarau Island)
  • Pool
The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa Fiji(Denarau Island)
  • Beachfront
The Terraces Apartments(Denarau Island)
2,351 results
All reviewsflying fishfeast restaurantocean studioocean frontchime barkids clubbula busbuffet breakfastport denaraufood and drinksgolf coursecoral coastjet skirelaxing holidaykids poolschool holidayswater sports
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 11, 2008

We've just returned home after 7 days at the 'new' Sheraton.
Forget what you've read previously regarding how run down the rooms and resort is...they've spent up big and done a fabulous job at making the Sheraton a true 5 star hotel again.
The lobby is stunning and the service is friendly, prompt and helpful.
We were there to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and the hotel was great organising a cake, champagne and frangipanis for our arrival to our room.
We arrived early in the morning and were checked in straight away into a room whilst we waited for our ocean studio room to be available.
Our ocean studio room was gorgeous...metres away from the water, lots of room, a fabulous bathroom with huge shower and deep soaking bath tub. It was lovely.
The only negative was that the phone wasn't working in our room. We alerted reception and because the resort had only reopened the day before we didn't make too much of it, putting it down to teething problems. 3 days later and after reminding reception that the phone still wasn't working we were getting a little tired of trudging to reception every time we needed something...would have been okay had we been staying in a caravan park but not acceptable for a 5 star resort. Also, we had given the Sheraton's phone number to my Mum who was looking after our 3 children as an emergency contact number so it was a little distressing not to have the phone working.
Kini from reception apologised profusely and offered us a dinner for two at Feast (the resort's buffet restaurant) for our inconvenience and we appreciated it. They also took care of our drinks tab the night we were at Feast.
The phone wasn't on for the entire time we were there and even though it was an inconvenience it wasn't something that spoiled the beauty and/or our time at the Sheraton.
The pool is lovely - a little too shallow for our liking and with the intensity of the Fiji sun, a few more umbrellas wouldn't go astray but overall it is stunning and very welcoming.
All of the staff were wonderful, warm and friendly...true Fijian hospitality.
We had breakfast included in the price and 'Feast' didn't disappoint.
We grabbed lunch from 'The Pantry' one day - two ham & brie rolls and two desserts for a little over $40.00 which is ridiculous but to be expected from the majority of resorts on Denarau.
There are a few little stores inside the Sheraton which are handy and they stock almost everything - prices really aren't that much more expensive than anywhere else in Fiji.
Reviewers tend to comment on the 'children aspect' of Fiji resorts and yes there are children, that's what happens when families go on holidays. We didn't have our children with us for this holiday so I can't comment on the kid's club that the Sheraton offers but honestly, I never found any of the children bothersome or overly loud during our stay, whether that be at the restaurants or by the pool so I would still recommend this resort for honeymooners or for those who tend to find 'little people' tedious...yes they're there and they have every right to be, but don't be put off by the resort's family focus, you can still have a relaxing and quiet time at the Sheraton too!
On the advice of others we made two day trips out to the islands and were so glad we did. The beach at Denarau is okay but it's not the 'postcard' Fiji that you expect if you've never visited before...that Fiji is out on the islands and I thoroughly recommend taking a day trip or two.
Overall the Sheraton exceeded our expectations.
It was a wonderful second honeymoon and the surroundings were beautiful, the room was comfortable and the service was fantastic.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Carly B
Reviewed November 10, 2008

My boyfriend and I checked into the newly redone Sheraton Nov 1st, the first day it opened and stayed for 8 nights. I was very excited to see the hotel as I stayed at the Sheraton 20 years ago and had a great experiance there. The remodel looks great. The pool area is amazing and looked just like the concept photos. Our room also looked great and just like the concept photos. My boyfriend thinks the bathroom was the best he has ever seen in a hotel. The shower had the rainfall showerhead as well as a handheld unit. (See pictures of the great renovation)

Sheraton widely publicized that they were on track for the Nov. 1 opening. This was a bit of a stretch. Half of the hotel rooms are not completed (currently in the gutted out stage). Restaurants opened slowly throughout the week not on Nov.1. When it comes to our room, hotel workers had to come in and make finishing touches to the room during the week (phone covers, tv etc) Our fridge did not work either when we first arrived. Additionally our electricity in our room went out probably a dozen times one day. This would not have been an issue to us if we had just been given prior notice. It just so happened that it was also Election Day in the US and we were getting a bit annoyed that we kept losing electricity in our room and thus couldn’t watch the elections.

The staff was very friendly and nice, but were terrible on service. Apparently the redo did not fix the reoccurring issue of terrible service and bad food. The main restaurant is now called Feast and is mostly a buffet restaurant. The staff never refilled our water during ANY of our meals and never came buy to ask how our food was. When you order from the menu the food that arrives at your table never matched the description on the menu. For example breakfast I ordered a Belgium Waffle, the menu said it came with an apple compote and whipped cream, neither were present when it arrived. Dinner I ordered a Gorgonzola pizza, the menu said it had gorgonzola, pears, pine nuts and onions with a salad tossed in ranch dressing on top. It came with no salad, macadamia nuts instead of pine nuts and avocados.

The layout of the menu is a bit confusing and we couldn’t figure out if an item on the menu was a sandwich or a pizza, our waitress did not know the answer either.

Their bills at the restaurant aren’t terribly accurate either. On the night I ordered the Gorgonzola pizza my boyfriend ordered a club sandwich pizza (yes it ended up in the end to be a pizza not a sandwich surprise!) When the bill came, it just listed the word “Pizza” and a price. But we remembered from the menu that our pizzas were not the same price on the menu as they were listed on the bill. We brought this to the attention of our waitress who told us we should not have said anything about the bill.

We got so annoyed with the service at the Sherton we went and ate at the Villas or the Westin most nights.

The “Business Center” has the slowest internet I have seen in a business center. It runs about at the speed of dial up, it is a joke to call it a business center.

Final Complaint, the hotel bill uses whatever the old names of all the resturants were so it makes it confusing to check your bill at check out.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kathleen1919
Reviewed October 28, 2008

I stayed in this hotel in aug 06 and was disappointed,as i was staying next door in the westinn (same mgmt)I went and
Had a look through the newly renovated sheraton which opnes nov 1st.
New pool area is state of the art,and rooms awesome.
this hotel should be world class but has always suffered from a sub par food and beverage operation.
The food and drink is VERY expensive and not of a standard you would get in an aust or NZ hotel.
A word f warning is These hotels are family hotels and kids and babies are everywhere so dont expect a quiet relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Snoophound
Reviewed October 13, 2008

Definitely a very relaxing place, I would go back for sure next year on my next holiday. Very friendly staff and food was great.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2008

I stayed 3 nights in an oceanview room. The room was old and looks like it hasn't been renovated for over a decade. There were cracks in the bathroom titles and the paint was old. It had a dirty feel to the whole place. I had these sheets that smelt like mould and it took 2 phone calls to housekeeping to get it changed, so the service wasn't great either.

The view was lovely from the balcony though.

The buffet breakfast was beautiful but every other restaurant I ate served atrocious food. They did not even have fresh seafood! You can actually eat breakfast at all 3 of the ajoining resorts and I found the Westin breakfast to be the best.

If you are happy to spend a few extra dollars a night, book the Sheraton Villas - it is SOOOO much better. My friend was staying there and the room is much larger, modern and clean.

Stayed: December 2007