Stayed at the Sheraton for 3 nights in June 2014. After seeing some less than favorable reviews of the hotel I was a bit leery of what to expect but I must say that we had a very enjoyable experience and were very pleased. After a long overnight flight from the U.S. we arrived around 8am and we were very delighted to be able to get an early check in so we could relax and freshen up. The front desk staff was not overly friendly but not unpleasant either. The vast majority of the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. We had an ocean front room which had great views and was good size, clean and very comfortable. There was a bit of a musty smell in the room but that is not uncommon in beach side hotels and the air conditioning cleared it up pretty well. The only issues were a tear in the screen door which could have allowed bugs in but we had tape handy to patch it and a DVD player in the room would have been a nice touch. Breakfast buffet was the largest we had seen among the hotels in the general area and a bit pricey but very good. Be aware though of the crowd of children unless you go early. Dinner buffet was ok but not quite as good as we anticipated. May just be personal preferences on food type. Dined at Flying Fish and food and service was excellent. The Sheraton has the best stretch of beach on Denarau Island and was one factor in choosing the hotel. My only complaint was the availability of beach towels as they seemed to run out by mid-day. Location is good and just a short walk to Port Denarau if you want to get a bit of exercise. Lastly, it took several calls to get a bellman to help with bags on check out and that could have been better. I am pretty critical about accomodations but our experience was good and I would stay there again or refer it to a friend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Fiji Resort is stunningly situated in the tropical oasis of Denarau Island. Designed with comfort in mind, the 297 spacious guest rooms and suites are beautifully furnished in harmony with the idyllic South Pacific setting. The resort is the ideal playground for vacationers and families to experience an array of dining venues and leisure activities. With its close proximity to Denarau Marina, it has an easy and quick access to the beautiful outer islands, shopping and a vast range of dining experiences. The resort is the ideal backdrop for an unforgettable destination wedding in Fiji or a corporate style event. Starwood Preferred Guest(R) Members receive complimentary in room internet when booking direct. As part of Fiji’s only 5 star integrated resort complex, guests have access to facilities at the adjacent Sheraton Denarau Villas and The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa giving guests a choice of 12 restaurant and bars & 6 swimming pools to experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Starwood, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Fiji Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Fiji Hotel Denarau Island
- Sheraton Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Sheraton
- Sheraton Fiji Resort Denarau Island