I recently stayed for 6 weeks at the Sheraton Fiji Resort, and thus feel qualified to comment on pretty much all aspects of the hotel. My wife was with me for some of the time, but we were not "typical" short term holidaymakers with small children, so I can't comment on those aspects, but as one who comes from a customer service background, I recognize excellent service when I see it. And I saw great examples every day, in every location at the Sheraton, and indeed their sister property of the Westin, next door.
The Sheraton is a large, busy resort, but the management have gone out of their way to get their staff into the mindset that everyone staying there is a VIP guest. From the gardeners, cleaning staff, front office teams, restaurant and bar staff - everyone took time to stop and smile, to remember guests names and to go the extra mile in giving great service.
The key to giving that "extra special" customer service is to empower staff to fix the little problems as they occur, as they inevitably do and we found that empowerment everywhere. Nothing was put in the "too difficult" box or ignored and we were most impressed by the "can-do" attitude of the staff.
We spoke to many guests during our stay and many were returning guests, some of whom had been coming back to the hotel for many years. I can see why they would do so. There are plenty of choices of resorts in Fiji in general and Denaru in particular, but the Starwood properties of the Sheraton and Westin get my vote with absolutely no hesitation .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Fiji Resort is stunningly situated in the tropical oasis of Denarau Island. Designed with comfort in mind, the 297 spacious guest rooms and suites are beautifully furnished in harmony with the idyllic South Pacific setting. The resort is the ideal playground for vacationers and families to experience an array of dining venues and leisure activities. With its close proximity to Denarau Marina, it has an easy and quick access to the beautiful outer islands, shopping and a vast range of dining experiences. The resort is the ideal backdrop for an unforgettable destination wedding in Fiji or a corporate style event. Starwood Preferred Guest(R) Members receive complimentary in room internet when booking direct. As part of Fiji’s only 5 star integrated resort complex, guests have access to facilities at the adjacent Sheraton Denarau Villas and The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa giving guests a choice of 12 restaurant and bars & 6 swimming pools to experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Starwood, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Fiji Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Fiji Hotel Denarau Island
- Sheraton Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Sheraton
- Sheraton Fiji Resort Denarau Island