“Fantastic, beautiful hotel!”

Sheraton Fiji Resort
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Denarau Island
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed here for 8 nights in peak season, so it was very busy but fantastic. Staff are incredible, the rooms are really nice. I would however recommend when getting an ocean view room, ask for the top floor (there are only two levels)- we had the people upstairs dragging furniture and banging the floor every single day/night and one night partying and stomping around until 11pm, when we finally complained. It took another hour for staff to do anything unfortunately, but I guess everyone is there to have a good time!

Buffet breakfast is fantastic -the buffet dinner is NOT (for the price). Avoid the lines and go early if you're travelling when we did.

The restaurants in general at the Sheraton aren't great for the price (Flying Fish is a stand out however), but you can go along to The Wet Edge (Sheraton Villas) - BEST VALUE AND VIEW! - or any of the restaurants at The Westin, which are all great. The Steakhouse was yummy, as was Zing (?) restaurant with Asian fusion dishes - very nice!

The Westin also has the best pool, but they're all pretty good and to be honest - and it definitely adds to The Sheraton that there is a choice.

The beauty therapy spa was far too expensive to even bother trying - I found a couple of alternatives but only visited Oasis on the port. There is a second one at the port, as well as one across the road from the Sheraton Villas and along the road getting onto Denarau (all untried by myself but looked reasonable).

We do not have kids, but the kids club looked fun and we would return with family for sure!

The beach does not look very nice due to the black sand however the water is warmer than the pools so we still went in no problems.

Room Tip: Level one for the rooms - the floors are too thin and if you have noisy neighbours you WILL hear the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Xannabanna
ScottJMacDonald, Manager at Sheraton Fiji Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Xannabanna,

Warmest greetings from Sheraton Fiji Resort!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our resort. Your comments are most valuable as we are constantly looking to improve and to provide an experience to our guests which is memorable.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next holiday to Fiji.

Scott MacDonald

Write a ReviewReviews (2,293)

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Recently returned to what has always been a very enjoyable place to stay and still is. Good facilities, location, rooms and service. However the cost of the food and drink has become over the top. To be paying more for than would be expected in a silver service resturant in Auckland where wages and infrastructure cost are greater just is hard to comprehend. A good reason to go to the port for excent food and service at a understandable cost

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RodG93

Dear RodG93,

Greetings from Sheraton Fiji Resort!

Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed our resort facilities, rooms and the hospitality of our team.

As a returning guest to our resort, I hope that you continue to enjoy our premium and casual restaurants throughout our Starwood complex, which offer dining options to suit all budgets.

With regards to our food and beverage prices, high quality food and beverages are sourced locally and from overseas to provide our guests with the dining experience they expect when staying at a Sheraton property. We have collaborated with celebrity chef, Peter Kuruvita, to create two first class restaurants at the Sheraton and Westin properties. Together with our international chefs, we deliver fresh and inspiring local and international cuisine, which we regularly receive great reviews on. I do hope that these concerns did not make your stay less enjoyable.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Fiji Resort in the future.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My second trip to Fiji, but my first time with a family, with a four night stay at the Sheraton. First, the staff are wonderful. From the staff sweeping the grounds, the recreation staff, to security and restaurant everyone was unfailingly pleasant, happy and kind. I consider myself a jaded world wide traveller of numerous first class hotels. But this was exactly the service I love - friendly, laid back and genuine. That alone would bring me back. The grounds are really lovely. There are multiple pools and a real advantage is being able to use the facilities including pools of the Westin and the Villas as well, which we did.

I do not understand how this hotel is ranked 8/8 in Denarau - the Radison is right next door and I spent time there comparing the facilities. It ranks No. 1 - There is a waterslide, but it was very crowded, noisy and has much smaller grounds - it is still a nice property but there was no comparison to my mind - I much preferred the Sheraton.

There are a few niggles with the Sheraton - the rooms are a bit dated - fairly austere, and there is no mini bar, or information pack when you arrive. They could do with a deep clean in the bathrooms, (under the rim of the basin etc) and there was some peeling paint.

There is no free wifi - which if it was available in the common areas would mean there was a lot more activity in that part. You also have to pay for non-motorised water sports (again, free at the Radison) which I felt was pretty stingy.

The restaurants and bars are expensive, particularly as they exclude 20% tax. Given most patrons are NZ or Australian, we are all used to inclusive prices. There is a $5 meal deal for kids, but this excludes drinks and dessert - so before you know it you have spent $25 on what seemed like a cheap deal. But the food is good, and the service lovely, especially Aggie in the main restaurant. We ate in the Sheraton or Westin for every meal, and made full use of both cocktail bars.

I was a bit disappointed to return home and find an email sent to my home address during my stay with a special golf offer - my husband and son played golf while we were there and could have used the offer, but we did not have internet access, so missed out. If this had been slipped under our door we would have been able to use it.

I noted a number of travellers with wheelchairs or walking frames - it looks to be a totally accessible resort, although I am not sure if you can access the pools easily. There were gluten free options at breakfast and a moderate selection of vegetarian food.

There is also a smallish playground for those with kids, which for reasons unknown, was the highlight of my daughter's trip. We saw a lot of the kids club ladies - all of whom seemed to be attentive and caring with their charges. I would be happy to leave my kids with them, but did not.

All in all, we had a great trip, and we will be back, mainly because of the fantastic staff and the lovely grounds and pools.

The highlight of my trip however was actually seeing Scott MacDonald (the responder to all Sheraton reviews on Trip Advisor) in the foyer of the Sheraton. I thought he was actually a virtual person, operating from India. But I was him in the flesh and can confirm he does exist!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank kiwisam3
ScottJMacDonald, Manager at Sheraton Fiji Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear kiwisam3,

I was delighted to learn that you had a memorable stay at Sheraton Fiji Resort and I appreciate your highlight regarding our warm Fijian hospitality.

Thank you for your sharing your impressions and constructive comments on our resort, which will be shared with our team accordingly. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back for another wonderful family holiday on your next visit to Fiji!

With best wishes,

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was my first trip to Fiji and the staff were very helpful and it was a beautiful facility in a gorgeous location. Highly recommend Sheraton Fiji Resort and would definitely return. The sunsets were divine and the restaurants and bars were lovely. It was the perfect way to spend a birthday!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
ScottJMacDonald, Manager at Sheraton Fiji Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear tamitoohey,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Fiji Resort to celebrate your birthday!

I was delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us and that you particularly enjoyed our warm Fijian hospitality, the restaurants, bars and the spectacular sunsets!

I look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay in the future.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We recently stayed at Denarau for a few days and decided to walk to the Sheraton Fiji Resort for something to eat and drink. The staff at the CHIMES bar took 45 minutes to take our order, which annoyed me because I liked the idea of sipping a cocktail and watching the sunset. Once they took our order, our drinks didn't arrive for another 30 minutes. By the time we got our drinks, it was dark :-( and to top it off, they forgot to place our food order with the kitchen. Not the best experience. I understand the concept of Fiji Time but the staff at this bar were just inefficient.

Room Tip: Careful of the added tax on the bill
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Minnie T

Dear Minnie T,

Thank you for your feedback on the customer service you recently received at Chime Bar. Whilst I am most disappointed to learn of your experience, it is an opportunity for us to make immediate improvements to our service for the enjoyment of all future guests.

Please know that at our Starwood properties, the 20% government tourism tax is shown separately so that our actual prices can be clearly ascertained by our guests.

We hope that you will visit us again.

Kind regards

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Where do i start? From when we arrived and had a warm traditional welcome from the moment we left it was faultless. People were so friendly and remembered our names. Lots of kids and adult activities. We got the room that we requested when making our booking, everything was perfect. The daily buffet breakfast was the Best i have ever had, so much variety and so much food. The only thing i would warn people is Flying Fish is quiet expensive and there is no free Bula bus to the Marina only between the 3 resorts. You wont be disappointed in this resort & we cant wait to go back.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Amanda N

Dear Amanda N,

Thank you for your glowing review of Sheraton Fiji Resort! I am thrilled that our team were able to deliver our warm, comforting and connecting Sheraton experience that we strive to achieve with all of our guests and that your stay with us has left you with fond memories.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back, hopefully soon!

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

What a lovely place. Staff are friendly, grounds are superb, pools are lovely, rooms are nice. Noothing bad can be said about this place. It's just awesome. Helped for me as I got engaged here, but even without that, is a great place to holiday.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Mmmmmm345

Dear Mmmmmm345,

Thank you so much for your gracious review! I am thrilled to know that our hospitality, rooms, resort grounds and facilities met your expectations and you enjoyed a perfect holiday with us! On behalf of the Sheraton team, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Fiji!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Denarau Island
Sheraton Denarau Villas
Sheraton Denarau Villas
#4 of 8 in Denarau Island
Sheraton Resort & Spa, Tokoriki Island

Been to Sheraton Fiji Resort? Share your experiences!