“sheraton resort stay”

Sheraton Fiji Resort
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Denarau Island
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The foyer is very impressive ant the staff booking in are very helpfull. Rooms nicely appointed, air con quiet. the best pillows and doona i have ever experienced. We were lucky to be given a room upgrade on arrival and had a view of the beach. The first night we were given a 1/2 price vouchure for dinner at the Feast restaurant - a seafood buffett which was lovely. Normally $99 FJD. Meals and drinks are expensive. There is a cocktail happy hour and a half which reduces the cocktails froto half price. you can catch the bula bus into Denareau for $7FJD day pass. Food, drinks, gifts all much cheaper in there. The day we went in there there was also live entertainment. You can also catch a bus into Nadi for $1FJD i was told.
it was great to have the use of the pools at all the other resorts along there as well.
Smiles were not as abundant here as at the previous resort, a number of staff did not seem happy.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
ScottJMacDonald, Manager at Sheraton Fiji Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Katzy50,
Thank you for choosing Sheraton Fiji Resort for your stay in Fiji. I am delighted that you enjoyed our beautiful resort, our restaurants and bars and your room upgrade. I appreciate your comments - I will indeed share them with our team. Vinaka and kind regards, Scott MacDonald

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Fiji Resort

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We booked through My Fiji and must say we have never been looked after so well. Every thing was perfect from the beautiful resort to the golf course two minutes walk away. The staff and the dinning was exceptional, and don't forget the Bulla bus to marina cheap beer, and great food.Just a great holiday and the wife and i cannot wait to return, thank you My Holiday Centre, the way every thing was organized.
Jim C.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jimcannon47
ScottJMacDonald, Manager at Sheraton Fiji Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear jimcannon47,
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us - we really appreciate it!
We're thrilled to know that you particularly enjoyed our staff and Sheraton service, our beautiful resort and our restaurants. We hope to welcome you back to paradise one day. Kind regards, Scott MacDonald

Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I spent a few days here in February 2013 on our honeymoon in Fiji. We had a great time! The resort is relaxing and we were able to use all three pools available at all three Starwood hotels, the Villas and the Westin. The staff was really friendly and the rooms were clean and comfortable. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aolangi
ScottJMacDonald, Manager at Sheraton Fiji Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Dear Aolangi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your honeymoon. We are delighted to hear you had such a wonderful stay. Thank you for choosing Sheraton Fiji Resort to celebrate this special occasion and we hope to welcome you back to our beautiful resort soon. Best regards, Scott MacDonald

Reviewed March 21, 2013

The breakfast is just amazing so much choice and not enough room in my stomach! The rooms are a nice size although it takes a night or so to get used to the air conditioner noise. The staff were great, Dinner can be a bit expensive for the buffet so we mostly went to the marina by taxi or Bula bus to eat. A very family orientated place and a beautiful pool with fire dancers performing every night.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Kim C,
Thank you for selecting Sheraton Fiji Resort as your Fiji holiday destination. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Kind regards, Scott MacDonald

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We booked a Package with My Fiji which, as always is excellent & we will use this company for future holidays but not to this hotel, we will also give them some feedback. Both other times we stayed here were very good which is why we chose to stay for the 3rd time, but definately never again
The first night the sheets on our bed were covered in mould & badly stained. Our Package included free Wi Fi, on check in we were told only in the wi fi area in the foyer, we were to tired to argue, so next morning we produced our Itinery & were given a password, however this only worked when we rang to get it fixed, & then they tried to charge us for the endless phone calls, sometimes it worked for half an hour and for 4 days nothing at all, then they also tried to charge us for the wi fi.
Feast restaraunt is very noisy as there are lots of families with children and If you don't want to share your breakfast with flies & birds & people including children with their hands in the food don't go there.They need to have hand sanitiser at the entrance and make everyone use it.
I suggest you walk up to the Westin for Breakfast,( much better)
Tea Coffee & milk were never replenished, we ended up buying our own milk after continuously asking, we had to leave a big note for housekeeping for more tea & coffee. Some days we got bath towels & no bath mat or washers I found the room where they kept the linen & often had to go get some myself. Also very scary getting out of bed in the middle of the night to step in a puddle of water , it had rained overnight & the room flooded....we were upstairs
Everything is so expensive I think they are scaring the tourists away, this hotel charges Plus Plus on everything so beware.
On the upside, the pool is beautiful & the resort has a nice relaxed feel to it.
As a Starwood Preferred Guest we we not offered any upgrades which was disappointing.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DMurp1957

Dear DMurp1957,

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us so often. While I am happy to see positive aspects of your stay, I am disappointed to learn of the challenges you experienced during your recent visit. Your concerns have been communicated with our management team for the necessary improvements to be made. I do hope that you will give us an opportunity to restore your faith in us on your next visit to Fiji. For future reservations, please contact me directly at scott.macdonald@sheraton.com so that I can personally ensure you of the Sheraton experience you deserve. Best regards, Scott MacDonald

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Check In,
What can I say other than stunning. My partner and I holidayed at the Sheraton Fiji Resort in August 2012 (our first overseas trip) and it lived up to my expectations. From the moment we walked into the grand enterance to check in we were in heaven, the last 3 years of stress and work seemed to evaporate into the warm salty air and we were imediately relaxed. The main foyer was a work of art with soft appropriate lighting, art work, lounges that beconed me to curl up with a good book and the cleanlyness was almost overwhealming. Check in was smooth and freindlyand infomation on the resort was explained with a smile. I knew our 14 night stay was going to be relaxed and well deserved.

ROOMS
Spend the extra $$$ and stay in a beach front ground room (AMAZING). We were walked through the resort to our room and when the door was opeaned, I was home. Our room was perfection, wonderfully clean, quiet, wellappointed, comfortable bed, and tastefull colours (see pictures) did I mention large. Our view was spectacular with the aroma of the beach blowing in on a consant breeze. Morning coffee on our patio was relaxing with the birds flittering around us while we sat. There was nothing I could falt about the room.

FOOD
Flying Fish, Wonderfull dinning, the cuisine was fresh, inventive and well priced with a wine selection to put most resorts in Australia to shame. The choice of dinning by the pool, boardwalk or with your feet in the sand gave Flying Fish the feeling of relaxed sophistication.

Port O Call, WOW, five gold stars for wonderfull silver service, this is my style of dinning. As Pot O Call is more upmarket I was expecting prices to be more inflated then in Australia, how wrong I was. Wonderfully infused flavours matched the presentaion on the plate and the wine selection was quite frankly heaven. One staff met us at the door another escorted us to the table, another gave the menues, another took the order, true style all the way. We dined at Port O Call twice. This is not the kind of resurant you will find a $20 main, we spent upwards of $250 for three courses with wine, we did not blink at the price, well worth the $$$.

Resturant Staff (all resurants)
Sensational. All went well above the call of duty and very attentive, food and drinks on time, no long waits. Yes Fiji runs on Fiji time and you may have to wait 5 mins for a drink (WHO CARES) Look where you are, you are on holiday, turn around and look at the lovely beach or resort gardens while you wait (seriously get over it). I spent 4 days by the adults only pool reading, swimming and eating, I never once had to get the attention of staff for a refill as they were so on the ball with service. I am stong beleiver in tipping for great service and food and trust me a good tip goes a long way here, we tipped every night. We were so impressed with the level of service and the food at Flying Fish that on our last day we taxied into town, found a Fijian lady selling fresh flowers and bought her out so we could give all the staff a thankyou.

Nadi Township (warning)
Do not venture here at night, not safe. Only venture into Nadi during the day. Make sure you go to the toilet before you leave, you do not want to use the only one in town (I made this mistake and ended up walking around for 3 hours busting for a pee as the one in town was revolting). A cement hole with pee and feaces all over the it and the ground. A lto off store owners will ofer you a carver ceramony (FAKE), it is a scam to get you into their store, once in they will ask you your name (this seems harmless enough) tho it is not. Once they have your name they will inscribe it on artwork without your knowledge and then you have to pay for it. Yes I got cought on this one to. I thought it was tradition and did not want to offend so accepted the carva ceramony next thing I know I am being escorted to an ATM by what seemed to be the stores bouncer to pay $300 for a coconut shell with my name in it and a t-towel. I saw the same thing two doors down for $5. They will tell you it is made by their village and this is their only income (DO NOT FALL FOR THIS). They get very heavy in Nadi and you will see that most stores have up to three men standing in the front, they will shake your hand and hustle you into the store, once in their there is vertually no escape unless you buy something that is completely overpriced. The sfae stores are the indian Jewelry stores and Jacks if you want to buy souveniers for home. There is no fresh milk only UHT milk and I certainly would not by any food from a cafe in Nadi, only drink bottled water and do not walk around alone. A taxi from the Sheraton into Nadi should cost $5 if you need a taxi negotiate the price before you get into the cab, without this first negotiation you will have to pay what ever the driver says. In my experience 90% of Nadi is a scam, watch yourself.

Overall A wonderfull holiday and will definately be back (tho not to Nadi town)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Marzbarmareeba
ScottJMacDonald, Manager at Sheraton Fiji Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Marzbarmareeba,

Thank you for selecting Sheraton Fiji Resort for your well-deserved and first international holiday! I was delighted to learn that you had a wonderful and memorable stay with us and I really appreciate your positive comments on our resort, our rooms, restaurants and hospitality.

Thank you for your comments, which I am sure will be valued by the TripAdvisor community. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to our paradise home again one day! Best regards, Scott MacDonald

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was our 3rd time to Fiji but first time staying @ the Sheraton on Denarau. Booked through My Fiji which included everything: flights / meet n greet w transfers / 7 x nights accommodation / buffet breakfast daily @ feast / unlimited golf and a dining booklet with dinner vouchers for each night. Booking through the Holiday centre / My Fiji was very easy and overall it's excellent value for money as everything is organised for you!
The Sheraton Resort is beautiful. Rooms are very spacious and have large nice bathrooms w double sinks and a monsoon shower. Housekeeping service daily and place fresh flowers around the room which was a nice touch. The pool is amazing and includes an adults only area which is nice for couples. Pool Bar makes amazing cocktails especially the Daquiris.
Feast is just like any buffet restaurant that you go to... Has a large selection to choose from.
Ports O Call was the ultimate fine dining experience we have been to. Atmosphere / service / interactive live cooking at your table was very enjoyable for our last night
Overall the Sheraton met our expectations all the staff were extremely helpful n friendly and I'd definitely return again.
On another note... . Denarau doesn't have a nice beach. The resorts are amazing hence why we keep returning here. To experience crystal blue water and white sand, head out to the islands on day trips from the Port which is a 5minute bus ride from the resort.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah M
ScottJMacDonald, Manager at Sheraton Fiji Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Sarah M,
I was delighted to learn that everything that we offer has lived up to your expectation and thank you for highlighting our rooms, pools, restaurants and services. Our team are committed to ensuring our guests have an enjoyable and memorable holiday with us and it looks like we have succeeded! I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Fiji. Best regards, Scott MacDonald

Also consider these accommodations in or near Denarau Island
#3 of 8 in Denarau Island
Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa
Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa
#6 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to Sheraton Fiji Resort? Share your experiences!