“Loved it”

Sheraton Fiji Resort
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Denarau Island
“Loved it”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We arrived to a welcome on the drums & a song. Whilst checking in, offered a refreshing cold facewasher and glass of juice.
All staff were really lovely. We were offered a 50% discount for dinner at Feast, buffet style which was lovely. A bit expensive so glad to have the discount. Food was unreal! So much to choose from.
Buffet breakfast every morning had a great variety.
The pools were nice, and it was good to have the service of the staff taking your orders for drinks whilst you were laying on a sun chair. This meant you could relax without having to even move. Staff always served to you with a friendly Bula & smile. They couldn't do enough for you. The adults only pool was nice too, to have a bit of quiet time.
Nights were good, Chime offered music every night. You could lounge around on the huge mattresses and have drinks served to you. We were there every night.
The rooms were lovely. We had 2 double beds in ours. There was plenty of room, and the bathroom was great. Huge shower, 2 sinks, lots of bench space.
LinkedIn was also good, offering free wifi for 30 min allotments at each time. You could keep re-freshing after each expiry. It also offers a printer.
The shops are good, and there's a nice little cafe.

We stayed here for 5 days, then moved onto another resort and regretted it. It just didn't compare. I'd recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
ScottJMacDonald, Manager at Sheraton Fiji Resort, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear ShannonMaree

Warm greetings from Sheraton Fiji Resort! We are delighted to learn that everything that we offer has lived up to your expectation and thank you for highlighting your room, restaurants and services. We are committed to delivering our best services to our guests to create a relaxing and enjoyable holiday experience. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Fiji! Best regards, Scott MacDonald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (633)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
Auckland
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We came to the Sheraton as we were attending a wedding in Fiji to be held on the beach nearby the Villas and the reception was at the Flying Fish restaurant. We stayed for 7 nights and enjoyed our time here immensely and can't wait to visit again!

Everything happens in "Island Time" and this may not suit some, but it was fine by me as we were not in a hurry to go anywhere ever. The general staff were friendly and chatty, but I did find the ladies on reception quite rude and unhelpful - but that is my only complaint.

I recommend including breakfast with your booking as the buffet is HUGE and really sets you up for the day. We never ate lunch the whole time we stayed! You also have a choice as to where you have breakfast as the Westin and the Sheraton share amenities. The Westin offer "bubbles" with breakfast, so we went there on the morning of my birthday, just to celebrate a little. And talking of celebrations, if you mention to any of the staff that someone has a birthday, anniversary etc., the staff all gather round and sing and clap - adding a bit of fun to start the day. Also happens at dinners too...

Our room had a lovely view of the sea and our little balcony was delightful - great place to unwind after a day out and about, before going off somewhere for dinner.

Dinners at the hotel can be expensive, so we opted for dinners at the golf club across the road where they offer reasonably priced food and drinks. Also Port Denerau is just a "Bula Bus" trip down the road and the restaurants there are great.

We did a trip into Nadi on a local bus which cost next-to-nothing and bought a few souvenirs there, but nothing really that you can't also get in Port Denerau - unless you are needing groceries or booze, then the supermarkets in Nadi are cheaper.

We did an island trip on a boat that included all meals and free-flow drinks. We had a ball! The crew were amazing and the people that we met were a lot of fun. I would do this trip again - well worth the money!

I was asked if I would consider going to another resort and I guess I could be tempted, but knowing how much I enjoyed our stay at the Sheraton, I would be scared of being disappointed if I went anywhere else!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Marginator4u
ScottJMacDonald, Manager at Sheraton Fiji Resort, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Marginator4U,

Warmest greetings from Sheraton Fiji Resort! Thank you for giving us a perfect score on TripAdvisor!

I was delighted to learn that everything that we offer has lived up to your expectation and thank you for highlighting our room, restaurants and service. As customer service is very important to us, I have discussed your comments with our Front Office associates for immediate correction. It sounds like you had a wonderful and memorable holiday with us and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Fiji! Kind regards, Scott MacDonald
Tweed Heads, Australia
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Had a lovely 4 day stay in a fabulous room. The people couldn't do enough for you and were everywhere you wanted them to be. Breakfast was a rather noisy affair but supurb,there were a lot of children around.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank JennyS39_12
ScottJMacDonald, Manager at Sheraton Fiji Resort, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear JennyS39,
Thank you for selecting Sheraton Fiji Resort as your Fiji holiday destination. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate the time you have taken to recommend our resort to the TripAdvisor community. I do hope you will visit us again in the future! Kind regards, Scott MacDonald
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I just came back last night from my holiday to fiji at the the sheraton fiji resort and the facilities are good , beautful pool , good restaurants ( too overpriced ) but my major complain is the staff at the hotel . I can not say everyboy but my husband and I made a calculation at least 90 % of all the stuff members are not very nice .
( EXCEPT THE LADIES ARE TH KIDS CLUB )

We had been to fiji before at MANA ISLAND and fijians were so beautiful , sweet , lovely , the most amazing people that is the reason we went back but the experience at this hotel completely DIFFERENT.
They dont even look at you when you talk , you say thank you and they dont reply to you anything , the lady that is in charge of the touristic tours's at the front desk was like talking to a ghost , to try to play voleyball at the beach is impossible , the teams are 6 staff members and maybe 2 guests of the hotel and if you ask to them if you can play , they will say , we are full , you can't . Seriosly I thought they were activities for guests to be shared . Also was our fisrt time doing stand up paddle in the ocean , so I ask one of the staff members in charge of this activities if he could give me any ideas or advice to do this and just looked at me and said , stand up and paddle. Actually we were laughing of the attitude af the staff of this hotel is was just awkward to even ask for a glass of water.

So we decide to have dinner's at the hotel next door , the radisson and what a difference , they talk to you , they even smile to at you , they made you feel welcome to fiji .
So my best advice dont go to the sheraton , enjoy your very well deserved holiday and time somewhere else , is not fiji what is amazing is the people from fiji , and you wont have this experience at this hotel . And nice facilities are everywhere.

Lina

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank lina_14_13
ScottJMacDonald, Manager at Sheraton Fiji Resort, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear lina_14_13,

Thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit to our resort. I apologise that we fell short of delivering the exceptional level of service we are known for. Be assured that our management team will follow up on the areas of concern that you mentioned for immediate correction. I hope that you will return to Sheraton Fiji Resort in the future so that we can have the opportunity to regain your confidence in us. Please contact me at scott.macdonald@sheraton.com if I can assist you further. Best regards, Scott MacDonald
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I'm mixed on this propertly.

First, the public spaces were quite beautiful. But it didn't look Fijian. It was more plantation style. We had a pretty good meal at one of the restaurants, and the check-in process was nice.

But, the room sterile. It also wasn't very clean. The sheets smelled musty; there were stains on the duvet and the wall. Also, the property wasn't very well lit when you were walking back to your room at night. And security guards were stationed around, which, while perhaps making it actually safer made it feel less safe. We didn't really like it there. Thank heavens it was only for one night and we were moving off to Tokoriki.

Room Tip: might as well get a room with a view, although even oceanfront rooms aren't wonderful views.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank musicmansimpson
ScottJMacDonald, Manager at Sheraton Fiji Resort, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear musicmansimpson,
Thank you for posting your comments as they help us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible to our guests. We regret that you were not completely satisfied with our resort and hope that overall you had a wonderful Fijian holiday. Warm regards, Scott MacDonald
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is a very generic resort hotel. It's very nice and has good restaurants and good facilities (although the air con in our room never worked properly despite repeated requests to get it fixed),
but it's not really very Fiji. This is true of all the resorts at Denarau Island (which isn't really Denarau island). My advice: go to one of the other islands!

Room Tip: If you can afford it, go for beachfront.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cakletzing
Dear catletzing,
Thank you for choosing Sheraton Fiji Resort for your recent holiday! We apologise for the malfunctioning air conditioner, our air conditioner units were damaged in the recent cyclone and this was our top priority for repair for the comfort of our guests. We hope for the opportunity to better serve you on your next visit to our resort. Kind regards, Scott MacDonald
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This resort is 3.5 - 4 star at best. For some reason the Sheraton seemingly is the only hotel that takes it upon itself to add the 20% service tax on top of the already inflated prices. This is fine if it is across the island ( and the tax is across the island ) but all othet hotels include it in the cost. the Sheraton adds it on top so except to pay 20% more on food & beverage than any other restaurant. Flying Fish was great but very $$$$. We hired a car and went to the Intercontinental on the Coral Coast - prices were inclusive of the 20% tax and Hotel was of a far superior quality for the same price. We feel like we have been ripped off here . Next time we will do straight to the Inetrcontinental Trust me there are many other alternatives in Fiji - dont trust the Sheraton name. They still have peach walls! Come on spend some money on the hotel and step out of the eighties!- we are all paying enough $$$ as you charge 5 star prices and deliver a far less product. By the way, the keyboard I am using in the internet lounge- keyboard numbers & letters have all rubbed off - luckily I can touch type!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ScottJMacDonald, Manager at Sheraton Fiji Resort, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear nicaboo,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us onTrip Advisor. Your feedback allows us to learn more about our guest preferences as we continually seek ways to evolve our level of service and guest experiences. We hope that overall you enjoyed your Fijian holiday. Kind regards, Scott MacDonald
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denarau Island
Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa
#6 of 8 in Denarau Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,391 reviews
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa

Been to Sheraton Fiji Resort? Share your experiences!