Sheraton Fiji used to be my top pick of places to stay in Nadi but it seems it has slipped a bit. The facilities are superb including the restaurants and pool but the people side of things wasn't as it used to be.
This hotel lacks quality customer service and we were treated like we were a hassle to the staff. I had called for a late checkout because our flight was in the mid afternoon and was immediately told that this wasn't possible. The receptionist didn't even take the time to check if it was available and immediately dismissed my request. We then asked again at reception face to face and we were told yes, this isn't a problem. We had a phone call to inform us that we were late and that checkout was at 11am. It didn't make sense what was happening however in the end we were able to leave at 2pm..a bit of consistency would have been nice.
Other issues included we wanted to book more rooms but were immediately told that there were none available. When I called back a second time I was able to book the extra rooms. Not so sure what's going on with reservations.
Also, being seated next to the rubbish area during breakfast was not a fun experience dining with 20+ flies. There were many other seats available closer to the pool and away from the rubbish but we were told they were taken. During the hour we were having breakfast, no one sat there which was a bit irritating.
On a positive note, the seafood buffet was delicious especially as it was 50% off. Drinks and food in general were overpriced.
Room was satisfactory...saw about 5 baby cockroaches in the bathroom crawling over the cups. Beds were comfortable but the room had a strong chemical odor initially.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Fiji Resort is stunningly situated in the tropical oasis of Denarau Island. Designed with comfort in mind, the 297 spacious guest rooms and suites are beautifully furnished in harmony with the idyllic South Pacific setting. The resort is the ideal playground for vacationers and families to experience an array of dining venues and leisure activities. With its close proximity to Denarau Marina, it has an easy and quick access to the beautiful outer islands, shopping and a vast range of dining experiences. The resort is the ideal backdrop for an unforgettable destination wedding in Fiji or a corporate style event. Starwood Preferred Guest(R) Members receive complimentary in room internet when booking direct. As part of Fiji’s only 5 star integrated resort complex, guests have access to facilities at the adjacent Sheraton Denarau Villas and The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa giving guests a choice of 12 restaurant and bars & 6 swimming pools to experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Starwood, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sheraton Fiji Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Fiji Hotel Denarau Island
- Sheraton Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Sheraton
- Sheraton Fiji Resort Denarau Island