Denarau island is full of expensive resorts but I stayed in 4 different hotels whilst in Fiji and believe the Sheraton is the most expensive for a lot less. They use the phrase "stay in one, play in all three" which is actually just an excuse for the Sheraton not actually having the amenities that make it a 5 star hotel and requiring guests to walk around its neighbouring resorts to find these things. They will also find new and exciting ways to continue to add to your bill... breakfast you didn't have, random $100 charges, duplicated room service. Yes the items were removed once challenged but do you really want to have to be on your guard for the duration of your holiday?
In addition to this it became evident that they over sell their rooms so don't expect to get the room you paid for when you turn up.... and that doesn't mean you'll get an upgrade! There is an element of deception associated with this - they let you think you have the room that you paid for and only confirm that you have been put in a inferior room if you go back to reception and ask. As the room that you paid for is sold out you just have to put up with it (sorry no refunds, even partial ones for the difference in room price which was over $100).
The genuine friendliness of the Fijian people will always make a hotel perform better than it should be you can get that at another resort that hopefully doesn't try and rip you off so badly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Fiji Resort is stunningly situated in the tropical oasis of Denarau Island. Designed with comfort in mind, the 297 spacious guest rooms and suites are beautifully furnished in harmony with the idyllic South Pacific setting. The resort is the ideal playground for vacationers and families to experience an array of dining venues and leisure activities. With its close proximity to Denarau Marina, it has an easy and quick access to the beautiful outer islands, shopping and a vast range of dining experiences. The resort is the ideal backdrop for an unforgettable destination wedding in Fiji or a corporate style event. Starwood Preferred Guest(R) Members receive complimentary in room internet when booking direct. As part of Fiji’s only 5 star integrated resort complex, guests have access to facilities at the adjacent Sheraton Denarau Villas and The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa giving guests a choice of 12 restaurant and bars & 6 swimming pools to experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Fiji Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Fiji Hotel Denarau Island
- Sheraton Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Sheraton
- Sheraton Fiji Resort Denarau Island