We spent 5 nights at the Sheraton Fiji resort in December 2011. We traveled with two infants (22 months and 4 months). The hotel was great for families, and there were heaps of families there enjoying facilities: children´s pool area, playground and kids club. Kids eat for free in the restaurants. Sheraton has the best beach on the island.
The resort i relatively close to the airport and easy to get to (allow 25 minutes by taxi). The staff is very friendly. Check in is easy. We got a great room in 5 min (nr 1172). We did not try the babysitter service but our bet is that it is great.
Service can be a bit slow in the beach restaurant, and many times you do not get your drink or side dish at all. For some strange reason every time we ordered apple juice we got pineapple (we never complained because we like pineapple). The buffet restaurant was good. Over all the food is good, but not great. The restaurants are a bit pricy, but Fiji is not a budget destination.
The Bula bus used to be free of charge. Now you have to buy a 7$ ticket per person. It goes past all the hotels on Denarau and takes a while before it arrives in the marina. We took a 5$ taxi instead...
We would go again as a family. However, for a romantic getaway without kids we would consider another hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Fiji Resort is stunningly situated in the tropical oasis of Denarau Island. Designed with comfort in mind, the 297 spacious guest rooms and suites are beautifully furnished in harmony with the idyllic South Pacific setting. The resort is the ideal playground for vacationers and families to experience an array of dining venues and leisure activities. With its close proximity to Denarau Marina, it has an easy and quick access to the beautiful outer islands, shopping and a vast range of dining experiences. The resort is the ideal backdrop for an unforgettable destination wedding in Fiji or a corporate style event. Starwood Preferred Guest(R) Members receive complimentary in room internet when booking direct. As part of Fiji’s only 5 star integrated resort complex, guests have access to facilities at the adjacent Sheraton Denarau Villas and The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa giving guests a choice of 12 restaurant and bars & 6 swimming pools to experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Fiji Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Fiji Hotel Denarau Island
- Sheraton Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Sheraton
- Sheraton Fiji Resort Denarau Island