My wife and I have been staying at the Sheraton Fiji annually for the last six years and we have recently stayed at this resort from 11th to the 21st November. The Sheraton Fiji has detiorated over the last few years and definately cannot be rated as a 5 star resort. The rooms are now basic to the point that you cannot even get instant coffee, toiletries are substandard, room service is poor and slow, the Foxtel/cable is useless. The cleaning staff at the resort put on a false smile and generally appear to have a strong distaste for tourists. There were cockroaches in the room and there were no wine or beer glasses. The paid for internet for the room is useless and you cannot even Skype on it.
The resort has the potential to offer the best in the area but continues to offer over priced and sub standard meals at the resort where the common practise is to travel down to the marina to eat instead.
You should be careful with your booked accommodation as several friends staying at the same time as us experienced a double booking situation and were told that there was no room for them and that they will need now to stay at the Westin.
The adult pool area is below standard and dirty and there is never enough deck chairs for customers who generally would like to steer away from kids.
Overall, I am now dubious whether I will return to the Sheraton Fiji and now considering other accommodation options for Fiji.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Fiji Resort is stunningly situated in the tropical oasis of Denarau Island. Designed with comfort in mind, the 297 spacious guest rooms and suites are beautifully furnished in harmony with the idyllic South Pacific setting. The resort is the ideal playground for vacationers and families to experience an array of dining venues and leisure activities. With its close proximity to Denarau Marina, it has an easy and quick access to the beautiful outer islands, shopping and a vast range of dining experiences. The resort is the ideal backdrop for an unforgettable destination wedding in Fiji or a corporate style event. Starwood Preferred Guest(R) Members receive complimentary in room internet when booking direct. As part of Fiji’s only 5 star integrated resort complex, guests have access to facilities at the adjacent Sheraton Denarau Villas and The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa giving guests a choice of 12 restaurant and bars & 6 swimming pools to experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Starwood, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Fiji Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Fiji Hotel Denarau Island
- Sheraton Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Sheraton
- Sheraton Fiji Resort Denarau Island