“Fantastic place to stay”

Sheraton Denarau Villas
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Denarau Island
Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic place to stay”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We recently spent 10 nights at the Sheraton Villas Denarau Island and loved it!

We had a seafront villa and it was huge!! Plenty of room for our three kids ages 7,5 & 2. The villa had just been renovated and we couldn't fault it. The location of the seafront was great... If you can afford to upgrade it is worth it. Plenty of room out front for kids to kick a ball on grass area and right near the wet edge pool so kids could easily go to toilet, get drinks etc etc. I think the garden villas would be hard with little toddlers as out front is a pond and I would be worried constantly about little ones falling in!

If you want to keep cost down the villas have a kitchen and you could cook meals... There is a supermarket right outside villa entrance or one at the port... We didn't cook at all but the option is there.

The food was great... We ate at Feast buffet (breakfast and dinner), Port O Call, flying Fish, Wet Edge, and the steak house at the Westin... I strongly recommend purchasing a starwood privilege card which entitles you to 15% off drinks and 50% off food... While the food was great its not cheap (comparable to eating in city restaurants) so the card is definitely worth it.

The kids went to kids club most days and loved it (for 4 yrs up) you do have to pay for night kids club though and some of the day activities but for a couple of hours in the afternoon kids thought it was great. We also had a nanny some nights organised through the hotel and then directly with her. She was very gentle and lovely.

We found the staff all friendly...very efficient, happy and they all love kids! We had such a good holiday I was honestly very sad to leave... Can't wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: Seafront is worth the extra!
Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank kjt313
ScottJMacDonald, Manager at Sheraton Denarau Villas, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear kjt313,

Bula! Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Denarau Villas for your recent family holiday in Fiji. It was a pleasure to read your positive review and I am pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon! Best regards, Scott MacDonald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton Villas for 5 nights, in a 2 Bedroom Apartment... The Apartment was very nice and overlooked the beach and swimming pool.. This room was very new and had been refurbished not to long before we stayed.. The room consisted of 2 large bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, Lounge, Kitchen and Laundry... The staff at this resort were very friendly and helpful.... Breakfast was included in our price and was fantastic... So much to pick from.. We found the pools to be a little small at this resort for the amount of people there.... But we still enjoyed it.. The Restaurants here were very good.. I went and had a massage at the Westin Resort which was just fantastic... I would stay at this resort again next time we go to Fiji... .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank 19thjuly
ScottJMacDonald, Manager at Sheraton Denarau Villas, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear 19thjuly,

Warm greetings from Sheraton Denarau Villas!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I am pleased that you enjoyed our resort services and facilities. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to Fiji!
Best regards, Scott MacDonald
Sydney
Reviewed April 5, 2013

After reading the mixed reviews I was worried I'd be 'slumming it' at these Villas, but really you can't ask for more from a family holiday. Sure, the room decor is a little old, but any newer and I'd have been worried my toddler would have destroyed it! The location a half hour drive from Nadi airport meant it was an easy travel with a baby.

The place is geared towards families and the Villas are ideal for a large family, extended family (lots of young families with grandparents were spotted) or with friends. Our 2 br villa could sleep 6 in beds plus 2 in a fold-out couch in the living room, plus we had a cot and highchair provided (on request). We didn't make use of the kitchen, but it was all there if you wanted to.

We loved being on the ground floor as you were literally 5 steps to the lounges and pool (the great design of which means it never felt crowded).

There's lots of choices for food (i've reviewed them separately) but overall great options were about and the Feast buffet breakfast was included in our package. I recommend purchasing a Star Privilege card to save on the food costs.

The Fijian people are, as always, lovely and really do love children. Our little toddler was left feeling like a Prince. His Fijian nanny (arranged via Sheraton) was fantastic. Laisani had great English, was very experienced and our toddler loved spending time with her.

One element lacking is pre-arrival service. I found it very difficult to get any questions answered or services arranged via email or phone from Australia. This simply isn't acceptable as it left me worried about what would be there when we arrived. As it was, our hire car that I'd pre-booked to collect us from the airport wasn't there. The travel agent there called the hotel and they seemed vague about it...and when the car (old SUV) arrived it didn't have the car seat installed and the other seat belts didn't work (not what I'd expect from a Sheraton arranged car). The mini-van on the way back to the airport was great though.

All up and wonderfully relaxing holiday in a beautiful destination.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank emily77
ScottJMacDonald, Manager at Sheraton Denarau Villas, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear emily77,

Warm greetings from Sheraton Denarau Villas!

I was happy to learn that the two bedroom villa was suitable for your needs and that you had a wonderful family holiday with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies that you did not receive timely, accurate and professional pre-arrival service to confirm details of your stay and your airport transfer. This does not represent our usual Sheraton service and your comments will serve as an opportunity to review and improve our services in this area.

Although our rooms are well-appointed and maintained, the villas are currently being refurbished for the furture enjoyment of our valued guests. I do hope you will return to experience the villa enhancements and to enjoy another memorable familly holiday with us!
Vinaka and best regards, Scott MacDonald
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I visited the Sheraton Denarau Villa's resort seaside bar while day-tripping off the 'Sun Princess' cruise ship. After very negative hospitality experiences in other ports; Noumea being one of the most unwelcoming places on earth, we found the gentle warmth and genuine hospitality of the Fijian Sheraton Denarau Villa's bar staff a breath of fresh air. We were looked after by a lovely Fijian lady. Nothing was too much trouble. I don't know how they do it, but most native Fijian's have a quality about them that make you feel like you are a treasured member of their family. I had a delicious cocktail, my husband an ice cold beer. We were offered cold water, and lunch menus, and selected the deliciously crisp and moist traditional deep fried fish and chips. Yum! There seemed to be a wonderful choice of swimming pools for both family groups and couples. We popped in and checked out neighbouring resorts; The Sheraton Fiji and The Westin, and feel that the Sheraton Denarau Villas offer the most for families. We will be back!

Room Tip: Ocean view apartments have a lovely outlook, and would be very quiet. At midday all one could hear w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank u7jf
ScottJMacDonald, Manager at Sheraton Denarau Villas, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear u7jf,
Thank you for your compliments and recommendation of Sheraton Denarau Villas. My team and I are very happy that you enjoyed a memorable day with us at The Wet Edge - our swim up bar and restaurant. I do hope you will plan a holiday with us in the near future! Kind regards, Scott MacDonald
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Where do I begin,okay from the beginning! This was my husbands trip of a lifetime,a bucket list trip,that he did a book report on when he was 10 years old ,40 years later check in at the Sheraton Fiji!
From check in at 6:00am when the outside staff greeted us with drums and a hearty "Bula" ,then checkin which is normally at 3 pm day of
arrival,Jack,wonderful,awesome,friendly,accommodating,on and on and on about Jack, told us our room would be ready in a couple of hours and it would be worth waiting for! It was,wonderful ocean view first floor walk out to the beach,could leave our door open to hear the open at night and in the morning! LG ( life is good ) checked into our room about 10:00 am, but oh thank you Christine for letting us shower in the transitional room you have available ! 11 hour flight I needed coffee! Went to the Breakfast Buffett restaurant on the premise and couldn't get a cup of coffee to go, what no to go cups! Well wait a minute , Marieta got her wonderful staff to bring me a glass cup,cream and sugar on a tray! Okay feeling like royalty now! Better than a to go cup! Vinaka!
Every single day every single request made was met with a Bula And Vinaka! There was nothing to much to ask! Fiji is customer service at its finest! No service Anywhere I have ever been better than this and I'm a world wide traveler! Vinaka Sheraton staff, I hope you are being compensated for the level of service you provide to your visitors! One final tearful event, on the day of our departure the entire servicing staff at breakfast sang the Fiji farewell song to us,I have the video I would like to forward to the general manager and staff for viewing at your meeting. I know you train them,evident by how we were treated! I literally cried,hugs and tears throughout the morning breakfast! Hugs ,misses and thanks to the entire wonderful fabulous brothers and sisters at the Sheraton Fiji! We love you and miss you already! There were many more awesome people I could thank,but Jack you treated us like family and when received it and back to you! Congrats on your upcoming baby Jack! See you all next time! Yes,there will be. Next time for us!
Mr and Mrs. Gilbert

Room Tip: Lower floors you can walk out and see the water and the beach!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr and Mrs Gilbert,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am truly honored that you gave us the opportunity to be your Fiji holiday destination for your husband's bucket list experience! I sincerely appreciate your endorsement of our resort and was delighted to hear that your experience with our associates and in particular, Jack and Marieta, was beyond expectations. Our team has a commitment to all of our guests to provide memorable experiences and it looks like we have succeeded. I agree that our special farewell to our guests is a wonderful and moving experience..I would love to see your video and share it at our next associate meeting! Please send it to me at scott.macdonald@sheraton.com. I hope we made a lasting impression on you and that your experience will be one of your favourite travel stories to share! Best regards, Scott MacDonald
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We had stayed at the Westin 4 years ago and decided then, if we came back to Fiji we would stay at the Sheraton Villas. We had booked an Ocean Front Villa for 7 nights but due to the noise of the renovations we moved to a Lagoon Villa. Although we were a bit disappointed with the down grade, our Lagoon Villa was very spacious and relaxing. Just the thing for a family of 4, even with children in their 20’s! Our Villa had 2 bedrooms, each with its own bathroom with lounge /kitchen in the middle. The lagoon pool is great fun to swim around and the beach front pool is great for an afternoon cocktail. The Villas are in a great location and it’s an easy walk to the Sheraton and Westin Hotels and just a $7 cab ride to Port Denarau. I'm sure when the renovations are finished the Villas will be excellent!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank boldnthebeautiful
ScottJMacDonald, Manager at Sheraton Denarau Villas, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Bula boldnthebeautiful,

Warmest greetings from Sheraton Denarau Villas! Thank you for your patience and understanding during our villa refurbishments as we continue to enhance our rooms.
I am pleased that you had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay and I do hope you will consider Sheraton Denarau Villas when planning your next family holiday! Best regards, Scott MacDonald
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Spent 7 days in Fiji on a My Fiji holiday package. We had the perfect holiday. This was our first visit to Fiji, we were booked into the Westin Denarau Spa & Resort, but was upgraded to the Sheraton Denarau Villa, due to room availability at check in time. All the staff at the Westin and the Sheraton were very helpful and attentive to all our needs. There were too many places to relax and do nothing but soak up the sun and some yummy cocktails. We will definately return to Fiji in the future and will recommend My Fiji and the Westin and Sheraton resorts to our family and friends. The trip was for a close friends wedding, at the glass chapel at the Sheraton, there were 40 people in our group all family and friends. My daughter got engaged the day after the wedding. We all spend the rest of the holiday celebrating the weddng and the engagement. Perfect.

Room Tip: We had a pool side villa on the second floor. Could not hear any noise from the pool area. But there...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jeff_Ainge
ScottJMacDonald, Manager at Sheraton Denarau Villas, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Jeff_Ainge,

Warm greetings from Sheraton Denarau Villas! Thank you for taking the time to review your recent with us, for what turned out to be a celebration of two special occasions! I hope your nice impression of our resort will bring you back to stay with us in the future! Best regards, Scott MacDonald
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denarau Island
#7 of 8 in Denarau Island
Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa
Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa
#6 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to Sheraton Denarau Villas? Share your experiences!