“Let down from past experience”

Salt Restaurant at Sofitel Fiji Resort
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2013

As regular guests at The Sofitel over the past 4 years, I'm sorry to say that the menu is getting a bit tired, needs an upgrade(change), and this time the steak was appauling, and this is from other guests I spoke to from the Resort. If only all the meals were of the quality of The on bound fine dining restaurant V.
Sofitel not quite a 5 star performance this time.

1  Thank Daryll R

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We ate at Salt in April 2012 at that time the food was good but the service was a little slow. WELL not now ,at Salt the Manager LILI makes sure that all is smooth and on time the food we had over 5 meals was really good the pizza yes pizza was a nice thin crust with just enough topping. We also had chicken from the Tandoor oven which was really nice I could have eaten more if I could have fit it in but alas to much starter.
One of the outstanding things is LILI takes great pride in the place and made sure that the beer I had was in a ice cold glass in a very hot day or more that one hot day Thank You.
The other outstanding thing about Salt is that they serve KID Free breakfast with lots of breads and your choice of a really good menu plus a glass of Bubbles in the morning.
We are going to return in April/May and a week in December so watch I will be the man at the bar
enjoying a ICE Cold Vonu with my wife enjoying a G&T.

many thanks to all the staff at Salt with a big BULA to LILI.

Andrew & Robyn

1  Thank obancas
Reviewed January 5, 2013

food was small portions for a lot of $$.. wait staff aren't always helpful..food was dry and served with a salad that would fit in the palm of your hand

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Food at Salt is delicious... however be prepared to wait a loooong time to be served! Also don't ask for a Mojito... they ran out of mint and didn't have any the whole week.

2  Thank HBE2011
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We dined at Salt on Christmas Day 2012. Rather than order the traditional three courses, my wife and I order tapas style - lots of small dishes to get a wider and better selection of the food. The food was tasty and nicely presented and suited the grazing style lunch we were seeking. The restaurant is well placed - partly facing the sea and partly facing the resort. So, it makes for quite a view on all sides. The service was good, but could be more refined to make it top notch. Prices are 5 star, but for what you get, and for what you would have to pay for the equivalent back home in Australia, they are cheap.