“Best meal in Fiji”

V Restaurant at Sofitel Fiji Resort
Cuisines: International, European
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This Signature restaurant offers seating for up to 70 guests who truly enjoy the art of fine food and wine. Located on the ground floor of the central building. Elegant decor with air - con or open aired (weather dependent). Type of cuisine : GourmetOpening hours : 18:30 - 22:30
Auckland,NZ
“Best meal in Fiji”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

Went there expecting an okay meal and left feeling pleasantly surprised. Service was top notch and the meal from start to finish was perfect. Restaurant was quite plush for Fiji and was much better when we were really there as compared to the photos we saw on the internet. Maybe the Sofitel would like to consider taking flasher photos?!!! We actually walked past V during the day but the restaurant has a much better atmosphere at night. Only snag we had was the noise from a boisterous lady from a table in the corner who was already intoxicated when she entered V. We noticed other people complaining but we were already on dessert and decided to put up with it. We totally apreciated the amuse bouche and the sorbet as palate cleanser. The basket of bread was delicious and wished we had that for breakfast each morning. Would readily recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank petitmonde

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

My wife and i went there for dinner and had quite literally the best dining experience outside of Sydney. We came here 2 years back and it has just gotten better and better. The staff, the food, the portions and the value for money.

Sydney
“Fantastic fine dining restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

My wife and I had dinner here on 2 occasions on our recent visit to Fiji. This restaurant is a true fine dining experience. Could not fault the food or service. All the entrees we had were amazing. The rack of lamb was to die for. Justin and his team do a fantastic job. Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank ElizabethN
“Nice quiet and romantic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Took my daughter here to eat and then my wife. Both times were very nice - had the same table both times! - by the window in the corner overlooking the water pond.
The food was very good, although my wife ordered the seafood which was a bit too spicy for her taste. I ordered the lamb with my daughter and the fish (salmon, if I remember correctly) - both were delicious, very tender.
The atmosphere was very nice. We prefer quiet music, such as classical or easy listening, which is exactly what they had.
The service was good, although with my daughter they seemed a bit understaffed or something and we had to ask a couple of times for more water.
The price is reasonable, especially compared to some of the other restaurants in Denarau.
For my daughter (in January) I made reservations; for my wife (May) we just walked in.
Recommend this place for a quiet evening with someone special.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Bob E
Perth, Australia
“Stunning food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

Truly fine dining, food preparation was immaculate and really impressive. The service, food preparation and experience blew me away, it was the best place I ate in Fiji. The french influence was evident throughout and it it elevated dining to a true experience. Take someone there if you want to impress them - not your steak and chips kinda place!

• Visited May 2014