“Great Meal”

V Restaurant at Sofitel Fiji Resort
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This Signature restaurant offers seating for up to 70 guests who truly enjoy the art of fine food and wine. Located on the ground floor of the central building. Elegant decor with air - con or open aired (weather dependent). Type of cuisine : Modern Fijian Opening hours : 18:00 - 21:30
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I am writing in response to a review by Timtal on February 10th. I accompanied this diner on this occasion and would like to dispute his review. The meal was beautifully prepared and presented. I am a regular diner at V and am always impressed by the consistent quality and high standards of food and service at the restaurant. Plase understand that 'Timtal' weas just having a bad night! I would urge others to try this beautiful restaurant, one of the best on Denarau

1  Thank StyleUK

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

We are local in Fiji and come to v restaurant at least once a week. The service is amazing and the restaurant manager Irfaan and his staff are outstanding. The food is always remarkable and we take real pleasure in bringing any visitors we have to Fiji to this restaurant.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I took my now fiancé for dinner here on our recent trip to Fiji and must just say the food was great. The service was perfect and the atmosphere perfect. Just great. Not cheap but like many restaurants you go for the experience.

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

We were the only table eating
The bread was very good and the olive oil, butter & yogurt
The flight of wines from France were also good value
Starters
The sea scallops were cooked well but badly seasoned the pasta with it was over cooked to a state you would not know it was pasta & it took a few mouthfuls to reuse what I was eating
The Pate/Parfait was over cooked and tasteless it was hard to describe other than a none event
Mains
The mahi-mahi I asked for medium was well done and pretty tasteless
The cauliflower puree that accompanied it was excellent
The shellfish pasts dish was nice
Unfortunately the waitress when asked said the langoustine came from the supplier
I did Ask for sea salt but was told it was unavailable
As we were the only table eating and reading the revues a lot more was expected

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We came with high expectations having dined here around the same time last year (and having had an amazing experience). My husband and I couldn't resist both ordering the specialty garlic prawns for our mains, and while the taste of the base sauce was amazing, the prawns were not fresh and fell apart as soon as a fork went near them. I was actually nervous to eat them, assuming they were old with the way they crumbled apart, not holding their shape at all. The chef gave no explanation when we pointed this out to our waitress, but tried to send a new plate of prawns out to us, needless to say not what we were really after, the thought of getting sick from our first dishes put us off wanting to try anymore. Very disappointed.

Service from wait staff was excellent and our entrees were lovely as were the breads.