“A nice romantic dinner”

V Restaurant at Sofitel Fiji Resort
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This Signature restaurant offers seating for up to 70 guests who truly enjoy the art of fine food and wine. Located on the ground floor of the central building. Elegant decor with air - con or open aired (weather dependent). Type of cuisine : Modern Fijian Opening hours : 18:00 - 21:30
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I took my now fiancé for dinner here on our recent trip to Fiji and must just say the food was great. The service was perfect and the atmosphere perfect. Just great. Not cheap but like many restaurants you go for the experience.

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

We were the only table eating
The bread was very good and the olive oil, butter & yogurt
The flight of wines from France were also good value
Starters
The sea scallops were cooked well but badly seasoned the pasta with it was over cooked to a state you would not know it was pasta & it took a few mouthfuls to reuse what I was eating
The Pate/Parfait was over cooked and tasteless it was hard to describe other than a none event
Mains
The mahi-mahi I asked for medium was well done and pretty tasteless
The cauliflower puree that accompanied it was excellent
The shellfish pasts dish was nice
Unfortunately the waitress when asked said the langoustine came from the supplier
I did Ask for sea salt but was told it was unavailable
As we were the only table eating and reading the revues a lot more was expected

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We came with high expectations having dined here around the same time last year (and having had an amazing experience). My husband and I couldn't resist both ordering the specialty garlic prawns for our mains, and while the taste of the base sauce was amazing, the prawns were not fresh and fell apart as soon as a fork went near them. I was actually nervous to eat them, assuming they were old with the way they crumbled apart, not holding their shape at all. The chef gave no explanation when we pointed this out to our waitress, but tried to send a new plate of prawns out to us, needless to say not what we were really after, the thought of getting sick from our first dishes put us off wanting to try anymore. Very disappointed.

Service from wait staff was excellent and our entrees were lovely as were the breads.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

What can I say except this place has the most amazing food I have ever had. Every single piece of food I put in my mouth was OMG!!
My husband is a bit skeptical with 'weird' or different foods and he was going on about for the rest of our trip. The signature prawns are a must.
We had rib eye and the fillet steak....YUM!! And dessert, I couldn't decide what I wanted it was gorgeous!! Very very deserving of a #1 ranking for restaurants on Denarau island.

The staff were very professional and lovely.

The view was beautiful too. They also let the men wear shorts not just pants.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Well, they certainly were not any where near expectations. Missing tonight was everything that made this our favorite restaurant. Service was impersonal, nonattentive, and painfully slow. It was a birthday celebration gone bad. For one thing whoever took the reservation either completely forgot that the dinner was a birthday and I wanted a cake. "That can be arranged" apparently does not mean that it has been arranged.

Service: A far cry from what we are accustomed to at Restaurant V. In addition to what I already mentioned, I can't believe I had to wait almost 10 minutes for my fork to be replaced. Our guests were almost halfway through their main course.

Main course: special of the month was okay. Nothing 'special'. I could do this myself. It was nice that the wine was excellent. But I could have easily whipped up that 'special' main course, given my guest more substantial portions and gotten the wine at Victoria Wines for a fraction of what you charge. Really, four cubed potatoes the size of Las Vegas dice, with Jenny Craig portions of shrimp and scallops is hardly special, then you serve the main course on what could pass as bathroom tiles. We were not impressed. Lucky that you serve people who are convinced this is chic. Perhaps you should consider investing in some proper elegant plates. It is somewhat hilarious that some bozo at the top has told you this is chic. This person isn't in the dining room watching the reaction, seeing the surprise and listening to the comments ridiculing the bathroom tiles that you are passing off and respectable 'artsy-chic' serving platters.

Dessert: Disappointing. Since we had to order dessert (the birthday cake never showed up) we did and only one out of the four of us enjoyed their dessert. So the chocolate dessert was a winner, but you need to seriously rethink the almond tiramisu. If I took your almond tiramisu back to Treviso, Italy, the people would either laugh or be insulted that the people in Fiji now think the dessert you serve as 'almond tiramisu' is a tiramisu. The dessert is too heavy, the flavor is nondescript, and the almond is ground up to a texture that makes it feel like coarse sand. Apart from its physical appearance, it cannot be compared to a tiramisu. Even if you renamed, it would still be a bland dessert with grainy almonds that is not pleasant on the palate.

Menu: You need to update it. One this last visit your dishes tasted boring; as if your own cooks are getting tired of preparing the same dishes.

Expectation: A restaurant of your reputation is expected to always be exceptional. You put on a culinary performance that we want to share with our visitors, business guests friends and family. I expect the food you prepare and your servers to be at their best every night that you open your doors. Restaurant V is the primary reason that we joined AccorAdvantage; tonight's food and service is why we may not renew our membership.

We hope that you get your game back. But for now, we need to search for another restaurant to bring our guests to dine.

3  Thank 12Safari