“Wonderful dining experience”

V Restaurant at Sofitel Fiji Resort
Cuisines: International, European
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This Signature restaurant offers seating for up to 70 guests who truly enjoy the art of fine food and wine. Located on the ground floor of the central building. Elegant decor with air - con or open aired (weather dependent). Type of cuisine : GourmetOpening hours : 18:30 - 22:30
Brisbane, Australia
“Wonderful dining experience”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

From the moment we stepped into the restaurant and were welcomed by the Maitre'd Aixia we knew that we were in for a treat. 3 types of warm fresh bread were the perfect start to our meal. We each tried the tasting plate - delicious! My duck was wonderful and my partner loved his steak. Dessert was the chocolate fondant - yummm! my only complaint would be that the ice-cream would have been better served in a small dish so that it didn't melt quite so fast. it was so good we went for dinner again the next night.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank CAG63
Brendon C, Executive Chef at V Restaurant at Sofitel Fiji Resort, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Bonjour Bula CAG63,
Thank you for your feedback of your recent visit to V restaurant.
We are very proud of Axia and her team who deliver a very consistent experience.
We will be sure to share your positive encouragement with them.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Queenstown, New Zealand
“Excellent choice”
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

We had an excellent meal last night. The decor, service and quality were all great. The meal started with fresh crisp rolls, a small treat from the chef, followed by our entrees and an excellent sorbet. The mains came quickly, perhaps a little too quickly. We shared the dessert platter.

We visited due to the excellent reviews and agree with everything that has been said.

Brendon C, Executive Chef at V Restaurant at Sofitel Fiji Resort, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Bonjour Bula PJC18,
Thank you for your recent feed back of V restaurant.
I am glad you enjoyed the little treats such as our Amuse and sorbet and of course our breads which we also bake fresh every day on site.
I appreciate the comment in regard to the speed of service and will talk with our team.

Thank you again.
Auckland
“Outstanding evening”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My wife and I popped next door from the Hilton to enjoy a kids free evening last week at V Restaurant. The setting is refined and nicely done, and we were seated at a corner table overlooking the pond. The food was particuarly good quality - can highly recommend the Laksa. The bread basket was also a stand-out & complimentary. We asked for a wine-match (Pinot Gris) which was spot on. Best all-round culinary experience in Denarau.

Visited July 2012
Bonjour Bula Bruce G,
Thank you for your feed back in regard to your recent dining experience at V restaurant.
I am pleased you have enjoyed your evening and especially pleased to read abot your wine match. We often host wine maker dinners and spend alot of time training our staff about wine and food matching as this is quite new for them.

many thanks
Auckland
“Exquisite dining experience...”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Chef Coffey and his talented culinary brigade has bought to Fiji all of the sophistication and excellence usually found in the city...his years on island show with an array of the best locally procured produce including the best beans ever grown on site at Sofitel Fiji. The menu showcases the very best of the region including some Fijian favourites perfectly presented and a duck dish to 'die for..' With a favourable exchange rateto the FJD this is a great opportunity to indulge in an incredible menu and expansive wine list. The service is faultless and the maitre' d added a touch of charm and flair to the evening. So many promise a five star, fine dining experience but so few deliver. Sofitel Fiji does this beautifully - a memorable evening for all the right reasons.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank TraLou
Brendon C, Executive Chef at V Restaurant at Sofitel Fiji Resort, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear TraLou,

Thank you for the encouraging feedback and kind words. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the team. We are very passionate about showcasing the local flavors in a 5* way. I am also glad to read you enjoyed our duck which is one such local product. My self and the team certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel and of course V restaurant.

Many thanks
Christchurch, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So much more than just YUM!”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Currently staying in one of my favourite hotels (when I arrive it really does fell like I am home).

I have been lucky enough to dine twice with week in V. There is nothing you can fault from the attentive service, the elegant atmosphere and the spectacular food – it is the one place in Denarau that delights!

The menu has so much on offer – my favourite is the tasting place entree, the Seafood Laksa and the goat cheese is to die for! Only challenge is what I am going to choose tomorrow?

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank chcnz
Brendon C, Executive Chef at V Restaurant at Sofitel Fiji Resort, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Bon jour Bula Chcnz

Thank you for taking the time to give your feed back in regard to our V restaurant.
We certainly enjoy having you stay with us.
I am glad to hear of your favorites and as we are about to start a new menu, we will be sure to retain some of these "signature" dishes.
Thank you again and we trust you will enjoy the rest of your stay.

Many thanks