“Open water course at Natadola Beach”

Reef Safari Fiji - Scuba Diving Day Trips
Ranked #13 of 22 Tours in Denarau Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Reef Safari Fiji is arguably Fiji's largest scuba dive company. With ten dive centre locations located in some of Fiji's most stunning areas you will be overwhelmed with choice. Reef Safari is well placed to provide a variety of fantastic scuba diving experiences for visitors to Fiji and to suit all diving certification levels and experience. Locatiions: Intercontinental Golf Resort a& Spa, Shangri-La Resort and Spa, Wananavu Beach Resort, Robinson Crusoe Island Resort, Barefoot Lodge, Bounty Island Resort, South Sea Island, Smugglers Cove Resort, Reef Endeavour cruise ship, Ra Marama day cruise. All instructors are internationally certified scuba dive instructors with SSI and or PADI scuba diving training agencies.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Reef Safari have several sites, and we attended the Natadola Beach site in the Intercontinental Hotel. We had done the preliminary on-line course and had had a diving medical. We did the introductory dive first, to ensure that diving was for us (in our late 50's). This went well, so we signed up for the 3-4 day open water course.
Dylan Burger took us for the introductory dive, and so he was assigned to us for the certification course. This young South African (21) is about to take over the management of this Natadola branch. This will augur well for this dive team. He was knowledgable, keen, polite, safe, thorough and professional.
Over the next few days we had a day of theory, a further 4 dives and several deep pool sessions (the intercontinental has dedicated a 3metre dive pool). Reef Safari provided all equipment, and this was all of great quality. The dive boat teams were friendly and supportive. The written test and qualifying dives were quite rigorous. We came out feeling confident that we had learnt the basic essentials to be a safe diver, and look forward to building on this with more dives in the near future.
We highly recommend this group and this site if you want a safe, professional experience.

2  Thank Georgeso3809

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was able to complete two dives at the South Sea Island location with Reef Safari, and I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Even though on the first dive, there was a shortage in variety of fish, the dive was still very nice. On my second dive, I went a little deeper on the wreck dive, and it was awesome! The dive staff did an exceptional job, as they were very professional, patient, kind and very friendly! Diving with those guys (sorry, I forgot their names), made the whole trip worthwhile. Also, I'd like to give my thanks to the staff that booked my trip at the Reef Safari located in the Denerau Marina. Lastly, the On-Site Manager at South Seas Island was very cool, and friendly as well! His people skills did not go unnoticed and his abilities were a great reflection through his staff!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I want to write a review for Reef Safari Diving, however I can only find the Fiji side to write a review on. This review is for Reefworld on the Great Barrier Reef. Myself and my family spent 2 days and a night on reef world pontoon recently. It really is so unique and fantastic. We spent most of our days in the water, both snorkelling the amazing reef or diving. My husband did 2 day and 1 night dive. I did 2 introductory dives. It was these 2 experiences that really made it for me. I have always wanted to dive, but 10 years ago I had a bad experience whilst learning to dive and I never carried on. Whilst on reef world, I decided if I wasnt going to try a dive now, on the Great Barrier Reef, then I never would! so I forced myself and went out with Peter Farrell who owns Reef Safari (who are the dive operators on reef world). It is amazing the difference a good teacher makes when diving. I was very nervous to start with but Peter soon made me feel confident and at ease and I trusted him implicitly. I think I broke his hand for the first 30 minutes we were out as I crushed it, but second time I felt much more relaxed! Really is another world down there. The whole team at Reef Safari were brilliant, interested, and knowledgable and nothing is too much trouble. Peter especially knows all there is to know about the reef and all that is in it and goes out of his way to share this knowledge with you, which makes the experience even more special. I loved it so much I have just booked to go to Fiji and do my SSI Open Water dive course with Dive Safari in August! This experience at Reef World has opened a new door in my life and inside a world I cant wait to explore.
Reef Safari dont just do diving either, they also run fantastic snorkelling tours. Peter took my 7 year old daughter out for several snorkels and opened up a whole new world to her. She has always been quite nervous about snorkelling before, however Peter made her feel at ease, so we left him too it, trusted him with our daughter and she came back a snorkelling pro. The great thing about snorkelling at Reefworld is the fact children and adults alike can snorkel whilst holding on to rope areas, noodles and life jackets are provided for those that need them, and there is always a lifeguard on duty watching over everyone. A very safe way to enjoy the Great Barrier Reef!
I will write another review when I have been to Reef Safari in Fiji, and let you all know how my Open Water certification goes. I cant wait to meet the team over there, and I am sure they are every bit as professional as the Barrier Reef team!

3  Thank Steph K
Reviewed June 9, 2013

These people know Fiji. Safe, fun and an outing you will talk about for ever. Lots of variety of activities to do and at reasonable prices. So look them up.

1  Thank Holland_Clan
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The Intercontinental Hotel at Natadola Bay was the location for a professional/business gathering chosen mainly for its location and broad appeal. I was lucky that SCUBA diving was one of the activities available. The crew at Top Dive at the Intercontinental Hotel was fabulous. Simon and Jo Ann were attentive to scheduling and detail with assistance from Sherrie (sp?). 3 - 1/2 hours off the plane I walked down to chat with Simon about the program when Simon said, "We have a boat leaving in 45 minutes if you can make it." Well darn! Of course.

Although topside duties limited Simon and Jo Ann's diving opportunities Jo Ann did accompany us on one dive. I also dived with Masi, Tasi, Sharon, Jacob and John, I sincerely hope not to have forgotten anybody as they were all great. All paid appropriate attention to the dive plan and safety and all were interested in our having a great experience. Top marks in friendliness and interest in the client. Top marks in quality of the operation.

All necessary equipment is available for rent, in good condition and well maintained. Check the Web site for your interests - everything is available from initial certification through advanced open water divers.

We saw on various dives - sea snakes, lobster, and green turtles. Of the tropical fishes I could identify we saw anenome fish, neon damselfish, lion fish, moorish idol and lunar fusilier tropical fishes. Don't forget the green turtles and the leopard shark lounging on the bottom. We also encountered white tip sharks and grey reef sharks. Don't forget the lovely corals and on one occasion a spectacular chimney in the reef that provided dramatic photography.

If it were possible to have stayed more than a week I certainly would have done so.

1  Thank gsmithii