“Great food, excellent service”

Nadina Authentic Fijian Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Outdoor & Seafront Dining.Air-conditioned Interior.Caters for special dietary needs (gluten-free, vegan, halal, etc).Kids Menu & hi-chairs available. Local Serenaders with complimentary Kava tasting.Restroom Facilities.
Reviewed August 30, 2014

We ate here twice during our stay and enjoyed it both times. The food was lovely we tried the Ura Kovo, Pork Belly, Lamb Shank and Tenderloin Steak. I also enjoyed the Daro and Kassava Chips and banana pudding! The staff were also great!

Reviewed August 27, 2014

After checking out the Tripadvisor reviews on Nadina, it sounded great so we decided to try it.

I was keen to have some Fijian cuisine so ordered the fish kovu FJD$45 (fish marinated in ginger, turmeric and onion, wrapped in banana leaves and steamed) and my boyfriend ordered the rib eye FJD$60. On the menu it stated that the fish kovu included seasonal vegetables, a choice of mash or taro/cassava etc – when my meal arrived there was a small amount of fish kovu, no seasonal vegetables and undercooked, tough cassava. The fish kovu was bland and required more seasoning, and the taro smelt like it had been burnt. The steak wasn’t much better with a small dish of mash and lots of fat in the steak.

We sat outside and found this to be nice, however it would be preferably if there was more lighting for the table. There was some music playing in the background, but other than this there wasn't any atmosphere.

The service was okay. The waitress didn’t pay much attention to us except to take our orders and told us 3 times to order something off the specials board. I asked for a spoon which I never ended up getting.

The meals are overpriced and the service isn’t great. There are better restaurants on Denarau Islands.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

My wife, I and 6 friends spent 8 nights and 10 days in Denarau/Nadi. Port Denarau Marina has all the tourist restaurants, but Nadina is the one not to miss. All others I would pass on and spend your hard earned money at Nadina. What is sad is that they are so far back at the Marina that it appears as though the tourists miss it and end up at the other, more generic (& less satisfying) restaurants. The staff were all Fijian with the inherent sweetness of the Fiji people. The food, whether pork, beef, mussels or fish, delectable. My fave hands down as an entree (appetizer in Fiji) is the lobster soup w/garlic toast. mouth-watering. We each ordered different dishes and sampled each others dishes. Literally every dish was perfection on the palette. The service was attentive and efficient, and on our last night, a birthday celebration for a friend, we had the absolute best "happy birthday" at a restaurant I have ever experienced. If you are fortunate enough to go to Fiji, and start your dining experience in the tourist area before venturing out to the other islands and towns, I would emphasize you absolutely must visit this restaurant. Don't waste your money on expensive generic resort food or the other, lamer restaurants at the Marina. The cocktails are tasty and have a kick and the food will have you swooning. Only restaurant we visited twice (& would have visited more had we more time and knowledge beforehand). Handsdown the best restaurant in the Denerau/Nadi area! Absolutely to die for!

2  Thank chillyb9
Reviewed August 10, 2014

nice genuine Fijian food served by lovely helpful and sweet Fijian ladies. I would eat here again i a heartbeat and recommend it heartily. SO much better than the Indian restaurant next door to it!

2  Thank hilzPalmSpringsCa
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Food was great but the staff were even more memorable. Our group of 15 colleagues had a ball, watching Agie flirt with and tease various members of our group. Lots of fun and at reasonable prices.

1  Thank Simon1407